Jehovah`s Witness/3 DAYS???

Question
QUESTION: hai Bro. Ben

John 2:19-22

19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy THIS temple, and I will raise IT again in THREE DAYS.”
20 They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in THREE DAYS?” 21 BUT THE TEMPLE HE HAD SPOKEN WAS HIS BODY. 22 After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

>> SO IF JESUS WAS NOT REFERRING TO HIS "PHYSICAL BODY" HERE BUT THE "TEMPLE OF HIS BODY", THEN WHY DID JESUS RAISED UP IN THREE DAYS??? I MEAN, THERE SHOULD ALSO BE A SIGNIFICANT MEANING FOR THAT "3 DAYS" RIGHT??? NOT LITERAL!!! SO WHAT IS IT???

Thanks
Dave

ANSWER: Our position under the gudience of Gods spirit is well known,so instead of me trying to convince you of our doctrine you just tell me what did Jesus give for the sin of Adamic sin,provide scriptual proof of what he gave.If you say he gave his life that would mean he is not alive as we speak,if you say he gave his blood not his body show the scripture,he offered the bread and wine representing both,if you say he gave his body and blood then he could not have rose with what he gave.

So just under your doctrine just what did he sacrifice.There is no defination of a sacrifice in the english langrange where whats sacrificed is not lost forever,even in american baseball a sacrifice fly the batter loses his turn at bat,sacrifice = lost.

It is called a sacrifice fly because the batter presumably intends to cause a teammate to score a run, while sacrificing his own ability to do so.

SACRIFICE:

1.an act of offering to a deity something precious; especially : the killing of a victim on an altar

2.something offered in sacrifice

3.something given up or lost <the sacrifices made by parents>

In the doctrine of Christendom then Jesus death was not a sacrifice ,it cant be under any defination of the word.

But his death from scripture it was a sacrifice,you used what Jesus said about the temple,but the holy place which Jesus entered with the value of his own sacrificial blood was not a holy place or temple  but was heaven itself,
The curtain was a barrier separating the Holy from the Most Holy; in Jesus’ case it represented “his flesh,” which he had to lay down in sacrifice, giving it up forever, to be able to enter heaven.

the ancient temple courtyard was the altar for offering sacrifices. This foreshadowed God’s provision, according to his will, for a perfect human sacrifice to ransom the offspring of Adam.
(Hebrews 10:5) . . .‘Sacrifice and offering you did not want, but you prepared a body for me.

(Hebrews 10:10) 10 By the said “will” we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all time.

If then the body of Jesus was not sacrificed then that would void this verse

"the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all time"

If as you are taught he walked the streets 3 days later as the very same paerson then his body was not sacrificed and no price for Adamic sin was paid.

Now followers of Jesus are likened to a temple,its fitting because God’s spirit dwells within the congregation of anointed ones.

Paul wrote to the Christians in Ephesus “in union with Christ Jesus,” those who are “sealed with the promised holy spirit,” saying:

(Ephesians 2:20-21) 20 and YOU have been built up upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, while Christ Jesus himself is the foundation cornerstone. 21 In union with him the whole building, being harmoniously joined together, is growing into a holy temple. . .

Now the false religious leaders the Jews didn't just want to kill Jesus they wanted his movment destroyed too,one of the things they said was after they were told he was not in the tomb they said this:

(Matthew 28:11-15) . . .While they were on their way, look! some of the guard went into the city and reported to the chief priests all the things that had happened. 12 And after these had gathered together with the older men and taken counsel, they gave a sufficient number of silver pieces to the soldiers 13 and said: “Say, ‘His disciples came in the night and stole him while we were sleeping.

When Jesus raised Lazarus :

(John 11:45-48) . . .Therefore many of the Jews that had come to Mary and that beheld what he did put faith in him; 46 but some of them went off to the Pharisees and told them the things Jesus did. 47 Consequently the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered the San´he·drin together and began to say: “What are we to do, because this man performs many signs? 48 If we let him alone this way, they will all put faith in him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation.. . .

So they wanted to kill the faith of the followers of Jesus and Jesus himself.

(John 2:18-19) . . .Therefore, in answer, the Jews said to him: “What sign have you to show us, since you are doing these things?” 19 In answer Jesus said to them: “Break down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.. . .

(John 2:20-21) . . .Therefore the Jews said: “This temple was built in forty-six years, and will you raise it up in three days?” 21 But he was talking about the temple of his body.

Now for the reasons I mentioned it could not be his literal body,so what then is the temple of his body,I already showed his folowers are refered to as a temple.

(1 Corinthians 6:19) . . .What! Do YOU not know that the body of YOU people is [the] temple . . .

(1 Corinthians 3:16) . . .Do YOU not know that YOU people are God’s temple. . .

(2 Corinthians 6:16) . . .For we are a temple . . .

So they were the body of Christ,the body doesn't have to mean literal flesh:

(Ephesians 4:12) . . .the holy ones, for ministerial work, for the building up of the body of the Christ,. . .

So your text was used in an illustrative way as he would restore the body of believers and his movement would be raised up.

Remember they ask him:

‘What sign have you to show us, since you are doing these things?

Jesus likened his body to a temple he used the word HEB [naós], מִקְדָּשׁ  meaning the temple “sanctuary,”

Earlier Jesus had cleansed the literal temple at Jerusalem in this same context :

(John 2:13-15) 13 Now the passover of the Jews was near, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 And he found in the temple those selling cattle and sheep and doves and the money brokers in their seats. 15 So, after making a whip of ropes, he drove all those with the sheep and cattle out of the temple, and he poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.. . .

So this is why he said the temple of his body in just a few vesres later.''

So therefore this setting context shows that Jesus was not talking about his physical literal flesh body, but he was talking about the temple of his body.

The temple in Jerusalem that Jesus cleansed earlier represented not just Jesus alone but also other members of his body over which he is head.

This was the body that the Jews wanted to destroy.

3 DAYS??? as you entiled your post,yes 3 days,In three days I will raise it up.” We have seen how he did start giving attention to the building up of the temple of living stones after his resurrection on the third day of his death.He met with the bady and let them know he was alive,otherwise they were dead themselves,they saw him killed and they were destroyed as well.

He needed to build them back up again.He immediately the 3rd day appeared to his disciples and lifted them up out of their despondency, built them up spiritually,told Mary to go tell what she saw.

So we have 2 choices that our salvation depend on,one is false and leads to death and not salvation because its false and the Devil is behind the teaching.

1. He was talking about his literal body
2 The temple of his body.

If after reading the explanation from the teachings of JWs you still believe i the teachings of Christendom ,I will hold the Church door open for you,but when you are on the surface of the ground dead I will not look at it as a stumbling block to weep for you,I wont shed a tear but look at it as a stepping stone and step right over your dead stinking body moving forward into paradise while you become nothing more than manure.

(Jeremiah 25:33) . . .And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.

Prophet Grünbaum

QUESTION: Thank you for all of these satisfying answers...
But you didn't get the thought of my question I guess!

I mean...

Jesus said: “I will raise IT again [IN] THREE DAYS”  not.....

...“I will raise IT again [AFTER] THREE DAYS”

■there's a BIG difference between the words “IN” and “AFTER” so your answers I think refers to that “AFTER THREE DAYS”. But since the ORIGINAL text was “IN THREE DAYS”...

Then my question that I want you to get is... “IS THERE ALSO A SIGNIFICANT MEANING FOR THAT 3 DAYS????????”

Thanks
Dave

ANSWER: I guess I dont get your meaning about 3 days,whether he meant IN] THREE DAYS or AFTER] THREE DAYS being dead he couldn't do anything until he was alive again which was in 3 days.So no I dont get what difference it made.

QUESTION: ahahah

ask Bro. RAndo

Godbless

Answer
You contacted me ,so you explain it ,to tell the truth I dont care if you answer or not,frankly you question makes no sense.You seem to be more interested in whether he meant IN] THREE DAYS or AFTER] THREE DAYS than if he rose with the same body,makes mo sense.

Jehovah`s Witness

Benyamin Grünbaum