Jehovah`s Witness/ACTIVE FORCE

hai again Dw,

Why the HOLY SPIRIT can't be GOD or PERSON?

I mean, since God is a SPIRIT, then is he an ACTIVE FORCE too?? a spirit can't have a SPIRIT! So if Jehovah God is a spirit, then how come the holy spirit is his active force??? what are your scriptural back up for that Holy Spirit is God's Active force??? I can't read that(Active force) in any bible version except the NWT... So how come the translator of the NWT translate the Genesis 1:2 (God's active force) instead (God's Spirit)???

Looking forward ASAP

Hi Dave

Thanks for writing.

In the Bible there's more than one meaning for the word spirit.

You can have a spirit being such as Jehovah and Jesus

John 4:

24 God is a Spirit,

1 Cor 15:

45 "The last Adam became a life-giving spirit"

However you also have spirit as the force that gives you certain emotions , that moves you to do certain things. Like here for example:

Numbers 5:

14 "and the spirit of jealousy has passed upon him, and he has become suspicious of his wife’s faithfulness"

This is just two. However there are a few meanings for the word spirit in the Bible.

Now with regard holy spirit.

What we have to remember is that the word spirit basically means wind.

Wind is an active force. Holy Spirit has that basic meaning. There's a few reasons to say this.Here's a couple

1)The most mentions of the word spirit mentioned in the Bible are talking about Holy Spirit. This would tell you it carries that basic meaning.Just like with every other scriptural word.

2)It's spoken of as God's finger.

Luke 11:

20 "But if it is by means of God’s finger I expel the demons, the kingdom of God has really overtaken YOU"

Matt 12:

28 "But if it is by means of God’s spirit that I expel the demons, the kingdom of God has really overtaken YOU"

Which shows it's god way of doing things or making things rather than another person.

Isaiah 2:

8 "To the work of one’s hands they bow down, to that which one’s fingers have made"

3)Luke who mentions Holy Spirit far more than any Bible writer tells us it doesn't have a body/bodily shape.

Luke 3:

22 "and the holy spirit in bodily shape like a dove came down upon him"

Instead it comes down in bodily shape here showing it doesn't have a bodily shape normally.

So just a few reason's to show that Holy Spirit is God's active force

Follow up if you need

Take Care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.