Jehovah`s Witness/Allexperts

Question
Hi Bro. Rando

We know that Jehovah subjected all things under Jesus' feet except for himself of course.  #1 Cor. 15:27# And it's not about Jesus being at the right hand of God, because Jehovah is always going to be greater then Jesus, #John 14:28# so he wouldn't be anywhere else except next to or with his Father, So what's important is what Jesus is doing at God's right hand.

What I found interesting is all the scriptures that state Jesus sitting at God's right hand until his enemies are placed as a stool for his feet, have one thing in common, they all say YOUR #Jesus'# enemies.  HIS #Jesus'# enemies.

We see at Heb. 10:12, 13 But this [man] offered one sacrifice for sins perpetually and sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from then on awaiting until his enemies should be placed as a stool for his feet.

So we see while he was sitting he was waiting until HIS enemies should be placed as a stool for his feet.

Who were Jesus' enemies?  

We read this illustration by Jesus regarding kingly power, and this part of it at Luke 19:27 "Moreover, these enemies of mine that did not want me to become king over them BRING here and slaughter them before me.’"

We know that Jesus' enemies were the ones who didn't didn't listen to him, the religious leaders, Satan, governments.

So once he started ruling as King HIS enemies would be on the earth, as we know that the earth is referred to as a footstool in Isa. 66:1.

and also once he started Ruling as King the second verse of Ps. 110:2 would be in effect, "The rod of your strength Jehovah will send out of Zion, [saying:] “Go subduing in the midst of your enemies.”"

So Jesus sits at God's right hand until he starts ruling as King, once he starts ruling as King he is no longer sitting.

Stephen's vision (Acts 7:55, 56) was a future time when Jesus was reigning as King (1914).  The vision that Stephen was allowed to see was during the time when Stephen would be resurrected to heavenly life, during the time of the end, Jesus' presence, (1 Cor. 15:23) because Stephen did not see Jesus sitting at the right hand of God, no, he saw Jesus STANDING at the right hand of God, and is why Stephen knowing that Jesus would be the one to resurrect him to heavenly life, made the statement to Jesus about receiving his spirit. At Acts 7:54 the Bible talks about how they began to gnash their teeth at Stephen, this parallels the time of the end at Matt 13:49-50 that speaks about the gnashing of their teeth.  So Stephen already knowing the Prophecy at Ps. 110:1 was allowed to see in vision the fulfillment of that prophecy, Jesus STANDING as King!  What a wonderful joy he was shown before he was killed. <---Sacred Secret

We know that in the Bible Stand up or Standing referred to a king's rule.  And Stephen saw Jesus STANDING, not sitting.

Daniel 12:1 during the last days we read, "And during that time Mi′cha·el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people..."

And 1 Cor. 15:25, 26 (NWT) For he must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet. 26 As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing"

Here we see that Jesus will rule as king until God has put ALL enemies under his feet, and death is the last enemy.  But death is not Jesus' last enemy.  Death came to humankind through Adam.  Jesus was not affected by Adamic death in that he should grow old and die, as Jesus was without sin (Heb. 4:15). <---Sacred Secret

So him ruling as King until ALL enemies is under his feet is not the same as his being seated until HIS enemies are placed under his feet.  So the rendering of some Bible translations in putting 'his' enemies in verse 25 could not be correct because death is not his enemy.  Let's look at a few other renderings:

KJV 1 Cor. 15:25

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

Darby Translation 1 Cor. 15:25

25 For he must reign until he put all enemies under his feet.

Common English Bible 1 Cor. 15:25
25 It is necessary for him to rule until he puts all enemies under his feet.

Once the appointed time came for Jesus to rule as King and go subduing in the midst of his enemies, Jesus hurled Satan down to the earth, HIS enemies had now been placed as his footstool.  And then Jesus would continue ruling as King until all enemies were made subject to Jesus, then after the last enemy death is abolished, Jesus gives back the kingdom to his God and Father Jehovah!  (1 Cor. 15:28).

So we can clearly see that the Bible does not teach that Jesus was reigning as King as soon as he went to heaven while sitting at God's right hand!

Bro. Rando, how did I do?  Can you expand on this? This is what I found from my studies...

Answer
Excellent Expose' of Scripture Sister. "But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established.  The way of the wicked ones is like the gloom; they have not known at what they keep stumbling." (Proverbs 4:18-19)  For gaining deeper understanding of the scriptures, fragment them into sections and digest those sections indivdually.  

"And YOU people will again certainly see [the distinction] between a righteous one and a wicked one, between one serving God and one who has not served him.” (Malahi 3:18)

Excellent points made between "sitting" and "standing".  There are many things I would love to address and expand on, but let me expand on only one thing today.  You Wrote: "Jesus was not affected by Adamic death in that he should grow old and die, as Jesus was without sin (Heb. 4:15). <---Sacred Secret"

What an excellent explanation!  Jesus did not inherit the death of Adamic Death but willingly submitted to a death like Adam.  What does that mean?  Well.... Adam and Eve both died the "second" death.  A death of no return.  And that is the reason Jesus showed some concern stating, "And yet I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw men of all sorts to me.” This he was really saying to signify what sort of death he was about to die." (John 12:32-33)  The "deathstroke" of everlasting destruction.  Yes, Jesus died a death like that of Adam.  A Big Difference from Adamic death which is passed on to offspring.

"That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned—." (Romans 5:12) "To what end? That, just as sin ruled as king with death, likewise also undeserved kindness might rule as king through righteousness with everlasting life in view through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 5:21)

Another time, Jesus was concerned about this type of death was the night of his betrayal. "And going a little way forward, he fell upon his face, praying and saying: “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will.” (Matthew 26:39)

Shortly after this prayer, Jehovah sent an angel. "Then an angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him." (Luke 22:43) Letting him know that he had his Father's approval.  It's no wonder that Jesus' sweat became as drops of blood falling to the ground. (Luke22:44)

SO Jesus was not expecting a "FLESHY" Resurrection, for he was willing to forfeit his "living soul", never to take his body back again.  This he also had a concern about.  He didn't want his body to see corruption.  How do I know this?  PROPHECY!  "Moreover, even my flesh will reside in hope; because you will not leave my soul in Ha′des, neither will you allow your loyal one to see corruption." (Acts 2:26-27)

Jesus was very concerned about his fleshy body seeing decay because he is "the lamb of God" and according to Mosaic Law the sacrifice was to made without blemishes.  See how "DEEP" and how concerned Jesus was to show his love for his Father?  However, Jehovah did personally answer his "PRAYER".

Not to even mention the "wounds" that Jesus would inflict that needed to be dressed, a body starts to decay or begins to see corruption only a few hours after "death".  Actually, a whole chain of events starts to set in from the moment of death. So how did Jehovah answer Jesus pleas?

Here's the account: "Moreover, many women were there viewing from a distance, who had accompanied Jesus from Gal′i·lee to minister to him;  among whom was Mary Mag′da·lene, also Mary the mother of James and Jo′ses, and the mother of the sons of Zeb′e·dee." (Matthew 27:55)

We see that these women were "eyewitnesses" to the things about to occur. "Now as it was late in the afternoon, there came a rich man of Ar·i·ma·the′a, named Joseph, who had also himself become a disciple of Jesus.  This man went up to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded it to be given over.  And Joseph took the body, wrapped it up in clean fine linen, and laid it in his new memorial tomb, which he had quarried in the rock-mass. And, after rolling a big stone to the door of the memorial tomb, he left.  But Mary Mag′da·lene and the other Mary continued there, sitting before the grave." (Matthew 27:57-61)

"Nic·o·de′mus also, the man that came to him in the night the first time, came bringing a roll of myrrh and aloes, about a hundred pounds [of it].  So they took the body of Jesus and bound it up with bandages with the spices, just the way the Jews have the custom of preparing for burial.  Incidentally, at the place where he was impaled there was a garden, and in the garden a new memorial tomb, in which no one had ever yet been laid." (John 20:39-41) PRAYER ANSWERED.

These two members of the Sanhedrin were (secret dicsiples) and Jesus body was properly prepared just the way the Jews have the custom of preparing for burial.  Less than 48 hours later Jesus Christ was "born again" and made alive in the spirit.

Just like there is a first and second death, there is a "first" and a "second" resurrection.  Those who die a figurative "second death" at Jehovah's choosing, give up their fleshy bodies and are given life in themselves in the first resurrection, the heavenly re-creation.  Jesus and the 144,000.  "Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years." (Rev 20:6)

These ones are spiritually "begotten", and re-created.  "It is sown a physical body, it is raised up a spiritual body . If there is a physical body, there is also a spiritual one.  It is even so written: “The first man Adam became a living soul.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit ." (1 Cor 15:44-45) Verse 45 is the meaning of being "Born Again".  That's why Derrick has NO understanding of it.

"For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted also to the Son to have life in himself.  And he has given him authority to do judging, because Son of man he is." (John 5:26-27)

The earthly resurrection is different.  Jesus resurrected those ones on earth that died from the "first death" inherited from Adam during his ministry, therefore, he simply restored Jehovah's Life Force to them.  Of course, it must be granted from above.  Evidence of Jesus "praying" to his Father in regards to this wonderful gift is at (John 11:41-43).

The Resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous is the "second resurrection" which is earthly.  Those deemed to be involved in the "second resurrection" simply are not given a heavenly reward, neither are they granted authority over the second death, but if they prove themselves faithful, can have everlasting life in a paradise earth without end. "The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it." (Pslams 37:29)  It's the "truth" and no lie.

Take Care,
Brother Rando  

Jehovah`s Witness

Brother Rando