Jehovah`s Witness/The Bible Contradicts Itself???

Question
hai DW

The Bible doesn't say explicitly that animals didn't have eternal life. But there are millions of fossils of all kinds of animals that died many thousands of years before Adam and Eve were created or sinned. So it seems beyond all doubt that animal death is not due to Adam's sin right??? And does they also have a promise of resurrection???  (Any corrections Bro.?)

Looking forward

Dave

Answer
Hello Dave

Thanks for writing.

Animals naturally die that's how they where created, here's a scripture that gives us some sort of idea on the subject

2 pet 2:

12 "But these [men], like unreasoning animals born naturally to be caught and destroyed"

So we see here that animals are naturally destroyed they weren't made to live forever. Nor will they be resurrected these are the ones who get resurrected

Acts 24:

15 "there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous"

Animals are neither righteous nor or unrighteous , they're just animals they don't think about right and wrong they just do what comes naturally to them.

Now this is why Man dies

Rom 5:

12 "That is why, just as through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned"

So we see death came into the world, not onto the Earth, but into the world. This is the "world of mankind".

Luke 11:

50 " the blood of all the prophets spilled from the founding of the world ........., 51 from the blood of Abel"

So we see here Abel lived at the founding of the world, he lived when the world of mankind started. Not when the Earth was created.

So Adam spread death to the world mankind hence it's Man that dies through Adam, animals have nothing to do with it.

Follow up if you need

Take Care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW