Jehovah`s Witness/FOLLOW-UP for

QUESTION: You said Jesus was dead for [three days] and [three nights]

So let's address first the [three days]

So since their days began at sundown in the evening,,, then I either don't get the 3 days out of that Bro.

Now for the [three nights]

how can you say it's [THREE NIGHTS] since the scriptures tells us that it's only TWO NIGHTS??

And why others said that it was 3 am Jesus had risen but not 7 am???

Please explain these thoroughly for me Bro.

ANSWER: Hello Dave.

Hope you are well, thanks for writing.

The confusion comes with this expression "three days and three nights". Now what this actually meant in Jewish times is just "three days" but it doesn't have to be a full three day's it can mean "part of three days"

Now we see that here:

1 Sam 30:

12 "Further, they gave him a slice of a cake of pressed figs and two cakes of raisins. Then he ate and his spirit returned to him; for he had not eaten bread or drunk water for three days and three nights"

This was during the day, on the third day they met him,before the third night, how do we know? Cause we see that here.

1 Kings 12:
5" At this he said to them: “Go away for three days and return to me.” So the people went away......12 And Jer·o·bo′am and all the people proceeded to come to Re·ho·bo′am on the third day, just as the king had spoken, saying: “Return to me on the third day"

So what we see from these two accounts is that parts of three day's would be referred to as three day's and nights. Parts of four days would be "four day's and four night's" and so on and so on.

So Jesus was in the grave here:

Part of friday day = 1 day

All of Friday night = 1 night

All of Saturday day= 2 days

All of Saturday night= 2 nights

Part of Sunday morning= 3 days

So Jesus was in the Grave three days and two nights. However the Jews would refer to that period of time as "three days and three night's"

Now he was risen very early on Sunday because we see that here

Matt 28 "After the sabbath, when it was growing light on the first day of the week"

The Sabbath was Saturday and as it was growing light the next morning on Sunday which was the first day of the week. They went to the grave and Jesus was already risen.

We see that was on the third day

1 cor 15:

4 "and that he was buried, yes, that he has been raised up the third day according to the Scriptures"

So Sunday morning they went to tend to Jesus and he wasn't there.

So he was raised at 7 am on Sunday morning not 3 am as 3 am is still during the night and therefore not the "third day".

Follow up if you need

Take Care

QUESTION: hai again Dw,

You said, 3 am is still during the night and therefore not the "third day".??? how?? I mean, (3 am) is belong to morning not night because you said (am) not (pm)..

Thanks for the response

Hi Dave

Thanks for writing

The Jewish Day ran from 6 - 6, 6 pm was the start of the night,6 am was the start of the day.

Therefore 3 am would still be during the night. It was still nighttime until 6 am, which was day break.

Follow up if you need

Take Care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.