Jehovah`s Witness/general question

Question
How do you prove from the Bible that 1935 was the year for the selection to heaven stopped due to being filled? What is the difference between a Catholic appealing to "what the organization tells him" about December 25 being the date of Jesus' birthday and a Jw' appealing to "what the organization tells him" about the date 1935? Is it not hypocritical when you chide the "poor deluded Catholic" that his faith cannot find a Bible passage to support it, when the same goes for you and 1935?

Answer
HI David, you asked---"HOW DO YOU PROVE FROM THE BIBLE THAT 1935 WAS THE YEAR FOR THE SELECTION TO HEAVEN STOPPED DUE TO BEING FILLED?"

Firstly let me say it didn’t “stop”, there are still “anointed” ones coming in today. Its just that before 1935 ALL who came to a knowledge of the scriptures confessed to having a “heavenly hope”; only after 1935 did we see a marked change, the majority of people coming to an accurate knowledge of the scriptures said they didn’t have a heavenly hope. We know from the bible that this “gathering in” had two parts, & all the evidence pointed to the gathering in of the “great crowd” starting after 1935.

THE Bible mentions 3 “Firstfruits”

1. “Christ has been raised up from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep [in death]” 1 Cor 15;20

2. The faithful followers of Jesus Christ, his spiritual brothers, are also “FIRSTFRUITS to God”. They number 144,000 and are called the ones “bought from among mankind as firstfruits to God and to the Lamb” and “certain firstfruits of his creatures.”—Re 14:1-4; Jas 1:18. Anointed ones with a heavenly hope.

3. The ingathering of fruitage from mankind does not end with them. The book of Revelation pointed to the harvesting of an unnumbered “GREAT CROWD” Revelation 7:9, 10, 14, 17; 20:12, 13.

These three firstfruits (Jesus Christ, the 144,000, and the great crowd) have interesting correspondencies in the festivals celebrated according to the ancient Mosaic Law.

1. On Nisan 16, during the Festival of Unfermented Cakes, a sheaf of the firstfruits of the barley harvest was offered to Jehovah. (Leviticus 23:6-14) Nisan 16 was the day Jesus was resurrected from the dead.

2. On the 50th day from Nisan 16, in the third month, the Israelites celebrated the festival of the harvest of the first ripe fruits of the wheat harvest. (Exodus 23:16; Leviticus 23:15, 16) This festival came to be called Pentecost (from a Greek word meaning “fiftieth”), and it was at Pentecost 33 C.E. that the first members of the 144,000 were anointed with holy spirit.

3. Finally, in the seventh month when the whole harvest was gathered in, there was the Festival of Booths, a time of joyful thanksgiving when the Israelites dwelt for a week in booths made of, among other things, palm branches. (Leviticus 23:33-43) Correspondingly, the great crowd, who are part of the great ingathering, give thanks before the throne with “palm branches in their hands.”—Revelation 7:9.

The MAJORITY  (if not all) who accepted the truth BEFORE 1935 were “anointed” & had the hope of heavenly life. The available records show that for many years MOST Memorial attenders partook of the emblems. (bread & wine) in recognition of this fact.

Especially after 1935, however, a marked change took place.

Within 25 years AFTER 1935, the attendance at the annual Memorial of Christ’s death soared to over one hundred times the number of those who were partaking.

Clearly, Jehovah’s time had come to gather“ the great crowd” and to prepare them for surviving the great tribulation just ahead. As foretold, they have come “out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues.” (Revelation 7:9)

Jesus foretold that there would be a gathering of others besides the “chosen ones” of Matthew 24:31 during this “conclusion of the system of things.” Such a gathering in of those doers of good to the “chosen ones” began in the spring of 1935.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CATHOLIC APPEALING TO "WHAT THE ORGANIZATION TELLS HIM" ABOUT DECEMBER 25 BEING THE DATE OF JESUS' BIRTHDAY AND A JW' APPEALING TO "WHAT THE ORGANIZATION TELLS HIM" ABOUT THE DATE 1935?

J.W’s beliefs are all BIBLE BASED; whereas December 25th, xmas, has nothing to do with the Bible. A catholic should check if what their being taught is based solidly in scripture, if there is a difference between what their being taught & what the Bible teaches, then their religion is wrong.

All J.W’s are avid Bible students, we check everything we are taught & match it with scripture. I’ve personally being doing that for 38 years now, & haven’t found any differences between the Bible & what I’m taught at our meetings.

All the best
Brenda
Jw.org  

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenda Martin