Jehovah`s Witness/gods law

it's confusing...only one law for adam. did noah have laws after the flood? many laws from moses. what laws do we have from jesus' time? man doesn't seam to do well with laws from god. could you explain, please. thank you, michael.

hi Michael, you asked why "ONLY ONE LAW FOR ADAM?"

Because Adam was created PERFECT--“Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness.” That divine statement is recorded in the first chapter of the Bible. Accordingly, “God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him,” reports Genesis 1:26, 27.

So Adam, the first human differed from all other creations on earth. He resembled his Creator, able to reflect a godlike attitude in reasoning, in demonstrating love, justice, wisdom, and power. He had the faculty of conscience to help him reach decisions that would benefit himself and please his heavenly Parent. (Romans 2:15) In short, Adam had free will. Observing the makeup of his earthly son, Jehovah made this assessment of his handiwork: “Look! it [is] very good.”—Genesis 1:31; Psalm 95:6.

Jehovah made ONE restriction that afforded the first man an opportunity to prove his heartfelt loyalty. “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction,” God told Adam, “but as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die.” (Genesis 2:16, 17)

It was a simple test. Jehovah forbade Adam to eat the fruit of just ONE TREE out of all the trees in the garden. That tree symbolized the all-wise Creator’s right to decide what is good and what is bad. The first man conveyed this God-given command to his wife, whom Jehovah provided “as a complement of [Adam].” (Genesis 2:18) They were both satisfied with this arrangement—to live under God’s rulership—appreciatively submitting to his will and thereby expressing their love for their Creator and Life-Giver.

Yes, as an IMPERFECT man, Noah needed laws--Noah was given commandments relative to the building of the ark and the saving of his family. (Ge 6:22)

After the Flood he was given laws that allowed the adding of flesh to man’s diet; declared the sacredness of life and therefore of blood, in which is the life; prohibited the eating of blood; condemned murder; and instituted capital punishment for this crime.—Ge 9:3-6.

The patriarch Noah was a family head and ruler; Noah, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are outstanding examples of patriarchs. These were especially dealt with by Jehovah.

Abraham was given the command to circumcise all the males of his household as a sign of God’s covenant with him. (Ge 17:11, 12) He observed Jehovah’s “commands,” “statutes,” and “laws.” He knew Jehovah’s way to do righteousness and judgment and he laid these commands on his household.—Ge 26:4, 5; 18:19.

The laws that governed the patriarchs sprang from the three sons of Noah, the patriarch. For example, the Pharaoh of Egypt knew that it was wrong to take another man’s wife (Ge 12:14-20), as did the kings of the Philistines in the cases of Sarah and Rebekah.—Ge 20:2-6; 26:7-11.

Yes Moses received the 10 commandments, God established a covenant with the Nation of Israel, & that Mosaic Law included about 600 laws & it accomplished much.

1.For centuries, it provided a way of approach to God and protection from false religion.

2. It contained foregleams of the new covenant and, with its repeated sacrifices, demonstrated man’s desperate need of redemption from sin and death.

3. Indeed, the Law was a “tutor leading to Christ.” (Galatians 3:19, 24; Romans 3:20; 4:15; 5:12; Hebrews 10:1, 2)

4. another purpose of the law of Moses was---“To make transgressions manifest, UNTIL THE SEED SHOULD ARRIVE to whom the promise had been made . . . Consequently the Law has become our tutor [or, teacher] leading to Christ.” (Galatians 3:19-24)

5. The Law protected and guided the nation of Israel so that they might be READY TO ACCEPT CHRIST when he arrived.

6. The many sacrifices required by the Law reminded the Israelites that they were sinners who needed a Savior.—Hebrews 10:1-4.

When Christ came and gave his perfect life as a sacrifice, the Law was removed. “We are no longer under a tutor,” Paul explained. (Galatians 3:25)

Christians are not under the Ten Commandments; however Jesus introduced a “new covenant,” based on the better sacrifice of his own perfect human life. Christians come under this new covenant and are subject to CHRISTIAN LAWS. (Hebrews 8:7-13; Luke 22:20)

Many of these laws have been taken from the Law of Moses. The Law covenant came to an end, but many of its basic laws and principles were adopted into Christianity.

For instance--Note how this is the case as you read the Ten Commandments and then compare them with the following Christian laws and teachings:-

“It is Jehovah your God you must worship.” (Matthew 4:10; 1 Corinthians 10:20-22)

“Guard yourselves from idols.” (1 John 5:21; 1 Corinthians 10:14)

“Our Father in the heavens let your name be sanctified [not treated in a worthless way].” (Matthew 6:9)

“Children, be obedient to your parents.” (Ephesians 6:1, 2)

And the Bible makes clear that murder, committing adultery, stealing, lying and coveting are also against the laws for Christians.—Revelation 21:8; 1 John 3:15; Hebrews 13:4; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-7; Ephesians 4:25, 28; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; Luke 12:15; Colossians 3:5.

So Christians are urged to “fulfill the LAW OF THE CHRIST,” rather than to keep the Ten Commandments. (Galatians 6:2) JESUS GAVE MANY COMMANDS AND INSTRUCTIONS, and by our obeying them we are keeping or fulfilling his law.

In particular, Jesus stressed the importance of love. (Matthew 22:36-40; John 13:34, 35) So to love others is a Christian law. It is the basis of the entire law of Moses, as the Bible says: “The entire Law stands fulfilled in one saying, namely: ‘You must love your neighbour as yourself.’”—Galatians 5:13, 14; Romans 13:8-10.

When man OBEYS God’s laws everything goes well for them; for instance look at some of the laws given to Israel--

1. (Le 17:3-5; De 12:20-27) Some communion sacrifices were to be eaten on the same day. Others could not be eaten after the second day. These requirements safeguarded the Israelites against febrile illnesses that can result from toxins that are produced when certain organisms multiply rapidly on meat that is not kept under refrigeration.

2. The flesh of certain prohibited animals, such as pigs, hares, carrion-eating animals and birds, rodents, and certain water animals and fish, is known to be a possible contributory factor in various diseases (Le 11:1-31)

3. The sanitary regulations helped safeguard the cooking utensils and also the drinking-water supply from contamination, a source of typhoid and other febrile diseases. (Le 11:32-38)

4. Anyone either touching the body of an animal that died of itself or eating some of it had to cleanse himself, this safeguarded against the spread of organisms identified with certain febrile diseases. (Le 11:39, 40)

5. The laws given to the Nation of Israel commanding the covering of fecal waste by each individual, also the covering of blood with dust, protected against febrile diseases such as hepatitis. (Le 17:13; De 23:12, 13)

6. The moral laws would practically eliminate all sexually transmitted disease (Le 19:20, 22, 23)

7. The quarantine laws worked to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.—Le 13; Nu 19:11, 12, 16; 31:19.

why do the majority of people not WANT to obey God's laws?

Who urged humans to feel free to make their own decisions without regard for God’s commands?

Gen. 3:1-5: “Now the serpent [being used as a mouthpiece by Satan; see Revelation 12:9] . . . began to say to the woman: ‘Is it really so that God said you must not eat from every tree of the garden?’ At this the woman said to the serpent: ‘Of the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat. But as for eating of the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden, God has said, “You must not eat from it, no, you must not touch it that you do not die.”’ At this the serpent said to the woman: ‘You positively will not die. For God knows that in the very day of your eating from it your eyes are bound to be opened and you are bound to be like God, knowing good and bad.’”

1 John 2:15; 5:19: “Do not be loving either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.” “The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.”

We all have the chioce before us, serve God & his laws, or serve Satan & his laws, which one will you choose?

all the best

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenda Martin

I have been one of Jehovah`s Witneses now for over 30 years, in those years I have brought up 4 children, teaching each of them the bible.Being one of Jehovah`s Witnesses has helped me cope with my Epilepsy and bring up a daughter with learning difficulties.I have conducted bible studies with people from nearly every denomination i.e. Muslim. Having used the bible all these years to answer peoples questions, I feel I am qualified to give any answer regarding Jehovah`s Witnesses and the bible.

My experience has been one of attending bible lectures 5 times a week,taking part in these lectures in front of an audience and being with thousands of J.W. at conventions where I have seen the bible at work in peoples lives.It is truly a miracle when you see thousands of people meeting together and not one policeman needed, and not even a piece of litter in sight.It is like another world.

Nearly 40 years as a Witness, is my "education" bringing up 4 children, dealing with Epilepsy, bringing up a disabled daughter.