Jehovah`s Witness/Interesting point

I noticed an interesting point you made regarding scriptural lessons

"Now you need to form your argument based on these alternative renderings. Now what you need to watch out for is that he is at least a little bit reasonable."

So it's like a process of elimination right ? Make them all fit together until you get the correct answer ?

Hello mate

Thank's for writing.

Yep absolutely correct. Just like a jigsaw puzzle.

You know some people do come out with reasonable alternative renderings to verses actually there's loads of scriptures with reasonable alternative renderings.

Jehovah's witnesses have given untold over the years. But when you come across a verse that contradicts your original thought or we could say shed's "new light" on your original thought ,your original yet reasonable thought is wrong.So we get "new light" and bang, we change our original thought.

That's why you can't base a belief on one verse, it just doesn't work. What else you certainly don't do is ignore all the other verses that show you that you're wrong. Scripture interprets scripture. Man's thoughts do not interpret scripture , God's thought's do.

Having said that in fact a lot of the time you can work out that you're wrong on your verse using logical argument without going elsewhere.

For example let me use Derrick's favourite scripture. Simply because I love making Christendom and Derrick look silly!! It make's me laugh, hahahaha

Let's go two verses before

John 2:

16 And he said to those selling the doves: “Take these things away from here! Stop making the house of my Father a house of merchandise!"

He's clearing out the house of his Father.

17 His disciples called to mind that it is written: “The zeal for your house will eat me up.

Yep he's definitely clearing out the house of his father

18 "Therefore, in answer, the Jews said to him: “What sign have you to show us, since you are doing these things?"

You can't just do this, prove you have this authority.

19 In answer Jesus said to them: “Break down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

Tear down the house of my father and in three day's, I will raise it.

20 "Therefore the Jews said: “This temple was built in forty-six years, and will you raise it up in three days?"

The house your "Father" will take much longer than 3 day's to raise

21 But he was talking about the temple of his body.

But he meant the new house of his father.

Is Jesus literal body the new house of his father?? NOPE!!!

Derrick will say yes, so let's confirm it.

Hebrews 3:

6 "but Christ [was faithful] as a Son over the house of that One. We are the house of that One"

Derrick and Christendom fail again!! mmwwwwaaahahahahahaha

Ok now that the laugh's out the way here's the important bit.

It's a very responsible and hard working job which is exactly why Jesus has appointed people to do it.

Men who spend every day of there lives for 70/80 years with there noses literally glued in a bible. Men who are in full agreement about what they read.

A group of anointed Jehovah's witnesses.

Follow up if you need

Take care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.