Jehovah`s Witness/Re: Isaiah 44:24

QUESTION: Hello once again DW, I hope this question finds you fit and well.

While visiting the excellent JW online library,and in one of the articles I came across the following verse….

Isaiah 44:24 NWT : “This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser and the Former of you from the belly: “I, Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens BY MYSELF, laying out the earth. WHO WAS WITH ME? (Caps mine for emphasis)

My question: While many Bibles finish the verse with the words “who was with me”
Some others say “I was alone” or “by myself” The Wycliffe version has “and none is with me”

What would be the best way to explain this in light of Proverbs 8:22,30; Colossians 1:15 and Rev. 3:14?

ANSWER: Hello again

Great to hear from you again thanks for writing?

You know once again this is a verse that trinitarian's like to just rip clean out of it's context to try and support some mythical God.

I know you know all about context , but other's that are reading will not so I'll give another brief lesson on the subject.

You cannot just put a random teaching in the middle of a passage of scripture that's not even dealing with that subject. When Bible writers write they have a specific subject in mind they're not just thinking randomly all over the shop!!

Now the fact remains that according to what trinitarians say on this verse teaching these two renderings make no sense “I was alone” or “by myself”.

Now the reason is because according to the trinity this is a passage about the act of creation and that no one was with God during the act of creation however according to the trinity there where three different people there, so that makes no sense!

So to make the argument like the trinitarians do that this verse teaches that god was alone during creation clearly fails. So it obviously means something else.

The basic subject is about Jehovah's mind, Jehovah's thought's, Jehovah's abilities compared to everyone else here's the verse

Isa 44:

24 "This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser and the Former of you from the belly: “I, Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens by myself, laying out the earth. Who was with me?

There's actually a few points here!!

However you want the most simplest way to describe it here it is.

When Jehovah purposed the creation he was alone, at some point in the past Jehovah decided to stretch out the heavens and the Earth.

This is not talking about the act of making everything this is talking about Jehovah as the great architect.

He sat there and thought I'm gonna create once he thought it as far as he was concerned it was done.

This sort of talk is not exclusive to this passage of scripture

For example 2 Tim 1:

10 "but now it has been made clearly evident through the manifestation of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has abolished death"

Yet people still die, so according to our limited thinking Jesus hasn't abolished death yet, but according to God's thinking, death's already been abolished.

So that's what Isaiah's talking about.

here's my rendering

"I was the architect of everything you see . I did that all by myself, who was there to help me design it all. No one needs to help me.I'm the best and always will be I can even prophesy, watch!!!(then he goes on to prophesy).

Jesus helped Jehovah in the act of creation, but it all started in Jehovah's mind. Once it was started in his mind it was done.|No one else involved or there when that even happened.

Follow up if you need

Take Care

QUESTION: Thank you for your reply DW, I was never in any doubt that Isa 44:24 could possibly contradict other Scripture, but as you know I have debated with Trinitarians in the past and though none have used this verse to support this heresy, it occurred to me that eventually some might….so I thought it best to be prepared….just in case.

I have saved your reply should that eventually ever arise. As always DW I am indebted to you for all you help.

Incidentally, I have been reading the replies of Sister T to others, and I found them absolutely wonderful and inspiring, what an asset she is on this “JW Expert Site”…so much so that I have copied and saved all her replies to my files.

I daresay I will be back again with more questions. Till then, I wish you well.

No problem at all

Like you say "firstborn" and "of creation" still mean what they mean everywhere else on the planet!!

Jesus having a father and a god still means exactly the same thing as it does for everyone else who has a father and a god!!

1+1+1 still equals three!!

And Jesus is still the son of God and not God the son!! Need I go on?? I could but why??

It's just so ridiculously simple I don't understand the confusion, at all!!

As for T yeah she's a great asset to us all here.

Next time you write you'll have to update me on your wife's progress

Take Care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.