Jehovah`s Witness/Jehovah's Witnesses

Question
Hello Sister T,

If Jehovah's Witnesses are the true religion, how come people leave? How come there's people who have been one for 40 years or so and then leave and tell others that it's not the true religion?  If it were true, who would want to leave?

Answer
Hi Sue,

Because there is opposition in this world by an invisible spirit creature, named Satan the Devil.  His influence on people is very strong, he not only turned Adam and Eve, who were perfect, against Jehovah, he also turned other angels that were up in heaven, who saw the Earth being made and man, against Jehovah.  

As we can see that there are more people who do not serve Jehovah God then do serve Him.  Just like in the time of Noah. During Noah’s day, all the ones living at that time perished in the flood except for 8 people.  Can you imagine, only 8 surviving?  It is a reason and that is because Satan as the Bible says, blinds the minds of unbelievers, (2 Cor. 4:4).  

Jesus said that this would happen, so it's no surprise when someone who use to be a JW stops and starts trying to draw ones after themselves, it’s called Apostasy, and it's no surprise that ones who never were JW's oppose Jehovah, because Satan is Jehovah's enemy and his influence is ruling the world. (1 John 5:19, Eph. 2:2)

2 Peter 2:19-22 While they are promising them freedom, they themselves are existing as slaves of corruption. For whoever is overcome by another is enslaved by this one. 20 Certainly if, after having escaped from the defilements of the world by an accurate knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they get involved  again with these very things and are overcome, the final conditions have become worse for them than the first.  21 For it would have been better for them not to have accurately known the path of righteousness than after knowing it accurately to turn away from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 The saying of the true proverb has happened to them: “The dog has returned to its own vomit, and the sow that was bathed to rolling in the mire.”

Acts 20:29-30 “I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among YOU and will not treat the flock with tenderness,30and from among YOU yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves.”

Matthew 13:36- 39 “Then after dismissing the crowds he went into the house. And his disciples came to him and said: “Explain to us the illustration of the weeds in the field.”37In response he said: “The sower of the fine seed is the Son of man; 38 the field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; but the weeds are the sons of the wicked one, 39 and the enemy that sowed them is the Devil. The harvest is a conclusion of a system of things, and the reapers are angels.”

To elders of the Ephesus congregation, Paul said: “From among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things.” Addressing fellow Christians, Peter wrote: “There will also be false teachers among you.” So from where do false teachers come? They may arise from within the congregation. Such ones are apostates.  What do they want? They are not content just to leave the organization that they perhaps once loved. Their aim, Paul explained, is “to draw away the disciples after themselves.” Note the definite article in the expression “the disciples.” Rather than going out and making their own disciples, apostates seek to take Christ’s disciples with them. Like “ravenous wolves,” false teachers are out to devour trusting members of the congregation, destroying their faith and leading them away from the truth.—Matt. 7:15; 2 Tim. 2:18.

Their methods reveal a cunning spirit. Apostates “quietly bring in” corruptive ideas. Like smugglers, they operate in a clandestine manner, subtly introducing apostate views. And just as a clever forger tries to pass phony documents, so apostates use “counterfeit words,” or false arguments, trying to pass their fabricated views as if they were true. They spread “deceptive teachings,” “twisting . . . the Scriptures” to fit their own ideas. (2 Pet. 2:1, 3, 13; 3:16) Clearly, apostates do not have our best interests at heart. Following them would only divert us from the road that leads to eternal life.

1 Tim. 1:3-6 “Just as I encouraged you to stay in Ephesus when I was about to go my way into Macedonia, so I do now, that you might command certain ones not to teach different doctrine,4nor to pay attention to false stories and to genealogies, which end up in nothing, but which furnish questions for research rather than a dispensing of anything by God in connection with faith.5Really the objective of this mandate is love out of a clean heart and out of a good conscience and out of faith without hypocrisy.6By deviating from these things certain ones have been turned aside into idle talk,7wanting to be teachers of law, but not perceiving either the things they are saying or the things about which they are making strong assertions.”

1 Tim. 4:1: “The inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons.”

2 Thess. 2:3: “Let no one seduce you in any manner, because [the day of Jehovah] will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction.”

Not only do they abandon the true faith but they then “beat” their former associates, using public criticism and other methods to hinder their work; the efforts of such apostates are devoted to tearing down, not building up.

Rom. 16:17, 18: “I exhort you, brothers, to keep your eye on those who cause divisions and occasions for stumbling contrary to the teaching that you have learned, and avoid them. . . . By smooth talk and complimentary speech they seduce the hearts of guileless ones.”

Isa. 32:6: “The senseless one himself will speak mere senselessness, and his very heart will work at what is hurtful, to work at apostasy and to speak against Jehovah what is wayward, to cause the soul of the hungry one to go empty, and he causes even the thirsty one to go without drink itself.” (Compare Isaiah 65:13, 14.)

2 Pet. 2:1: “These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects and will disown even the owner that bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves.”

Job 13:16: “Before him [God] no apostate will come in.”

Heb. 6:4-6: “It is impossible as regards those who have once for all been enlightened, and who have tasted the heavenly free gift, and who have become partakers of holy spirit, and who have tasted the fine word of God and powers of the coming system of things, but who have fallen away [“if they then commit apostasy,” RS], to revive them again to repentance, because they impale the Son of God afresh for themselves and expose him to public shame.”
Then one very important thing to remember is all a JW can do is plant and water, it’s God who makes it grow,

1 Cor. 3:6 “I planted, Apollos watered, but God kept making [it] grow;”
It’s God who draws people.  

John 6:44, 65 “No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him; and I will resurrect him in the last day” 65 So he went on to say: “This is why I have said to YOU, No one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”

So if the person isn’t real or loses faith or heart condition changes, like Satan's did, like Judas' did, this can happen:

Mark 4:14-19 “The sower sows the word.15These, then, are the ones alongside the road where the word is sown; but as soon as they have heard [it] Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them.16And likewise these are the ones sown upon the rocky places: as soon as they have heard the word, they accept it with joy.17Yet they have no root in themselves, but they continue for a time; then as soon as tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, they are stumbled.18There are still others who are sown among the thorns; these are the ones that have heard the word,19but the anxieties of this system of things and the deceptive power of riches and the desires for the rest of the things make inroads and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.

Thanks,

Sister T

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T