Jehovah`s Witness/Matthew 11:11

Question
QUESTION: hai DW

I asked MARILYN(one of the volunteer here at allexpert: Bible Studies)about the subject above..("What did the Lord mean by, "He that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he [John]?") and he gave me this answer...I just want to know if I do really have the right answer from her:

MARILYN:

John the Baptist was the last of the Old Testament prophets. He preached a message of repentance in preparation for Jesus' coming. But without power that wouldn't be available until after Jesus' death, his ability to transform his culture was limited. Jesus arrived on the scene and changed the universe forever. He brought the Kingdom of God to humanity. He showed us God in the Flesh and taught us what it means to live Kingdom lives by example and Word. By His death and resurrection He removed the curse of sin and death which had separated human beings from God. This made it possible for every believer and the church as a whole to do more and bigger things the John the Baptist and believers under the Old Covenant were capable of doing because the Holy Spirit was now available and living within every person who would receive Jesus as Lord.

When we live by the Spirit, walking in submission to His guidance, even the least of those in the church can have a greater impact for God than John the Baptist had. This is what Jesus meant. He was not trying to belittle John at all, but making a comparison between the Old Covenant prophet and his limitations and the New Covenant church and the limitless possibilities Jesus would open for us by sending the Comforter--the Holy Spirit--to live within each believer.

With the wall of separation between us and God removed each of us can do the things Jesus and the Apostles did, if we will submit our entire selves to the Father. Thus, even the least of us is greater than John the Baptist.

Regards
Dave

ANSWER: Hi Dave.

Thanks for writing.

No that answer is incorrect!!!! Just read this bit here

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<This made it possible for every believer and the church as a whole to do more and bigger things the John the Baptist and believers under the Old Covenant were capable of doing because THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS NOW AVAILABLE and living within every person who would receive Jesus as Lord"

Then compare that with this scripture here about John.

Luke 1:

15 "for he will be great before Jehovah. But he must drink no wine and strong drink at all, and HE WILL BE FILLED WITH HOLY SPIRIT RIGHT FROM HIS MOTHERS WOMB "

John the baptizer was FULL of Holy Spirit right from the womb . So the availability of Holy Spirit has entirely nothing to do with it!!

The verse means John will not rule as a king in heaven he will be resurrected back here on earth just like David

Acts 2:

34 "Actually David did not ascend to the heavens"

Jesus was the first one to go to heaven

Heb 6:

19 "This [hope] we have as an anchor for the soul, both sure and firm, and it enters in within the curtain, 20 where a FORERUNNER has entered in our behalf"

Anybody who died before Jesus(let's say) did not. John died before Jesus, therefore he was never born again so he can't go to heaven.

John 3:

5 "Unless anyone is born from water and spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God"

Follow up if you need

Take Care

QUESTION: Thanks Bro. I see your point... :)

But You said that John was already FULL of Holy Spirit right from the womb...
and he baptizes people in water(so plus the spirit equals spirit-begotten) then why can't the holy spirit didn't beget John??? since he baptize in water, did he not baptized himself?? so if he can't make himself baptize... then that statement at Matthew 11:11 is nicely fit for John!

Looking forward :)
Dave

Answer
Hi Dave.

I can see your old brain cells ticking away ,hahaha

What you need to understand is this about Holy Spirit.

1 Cor 12:

4 "Now there are varieties of gifts, but there is the same spirit"

Now what this means is Holy Spirit operates in different way,but it's still the same Holy Spirit.

Like for example Holy Spirit was used to create,but it was also used to perform miracles.

So John had Holy Spirit to preach etc.etc,but he wasn't picked to go to heaven by Holy Spirit. That didn't happen until here.

Acts

2 "Now while the day of the [festival of] Pentecost was in progress they were all together at the same place, 2 and suddenly there occurred from heaven a noise just like that of a rushing stiff breeze, and it filled the whole house in which they were sitting. 3 And tongues as if of fire became visible to them and were distributed about, and one sat upon each one of them, 4 and they all became filled with holy spirit and started to speak with different tongues, just as the spirit was granting them to make utterance"

John was dead by this time, hence he was never baptized in Holy Spirit or in other words picked to go to heaven.

Follow up if you need

Take Care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW