Jehovah`s Witness/Noahs flood

Question
Can you explain to me some things about Noah's flood?

How did Noah feed all these animals? How did he care for them all since some animals need a special enviroment? How did Whales and other marine life servive the flood? How did Dinosours and other creatures fit on the arc since there so big? How did the animals and the human race not die out from imbreeding? Where did the water come from? Where did the water go? How did the environment not get destroyed? How did Noah get all of billion's of species in the arc?

Answer
Hi Raul,

We can look at the Bible to find out about Noah. Although every detail regarding the ark is not mentioned in the Bible, we can learn a lot.

HOW DID NOAH FEED ALL THESE ANIMALS?

God had Noah gather food for the animals, and I'm sure God revealed to Noah about how much he should gather, as we read Noah did all that God commanded him, He did just do.

Gen. 6:21, 22 And as for you, take for yourself every sort of food that is eaten; and you must gather it to yourself, and it must serve as food for you and for them.”
22And Noah proceeded to do according to all that God had commanded him. He did just so.

HOW DID HE CARE FOR THE ANIMALS SINCE SOME NEED SPECIAL ENVIRONMENT.  HOW DID DINOSAURS AND OTHER CREATURES FIT ON THE ARK SINCE THERE SO BIG?

We can gather from the Scriptures that the animals that were in the ark would fair well being there, since God made the animals, he knows if they can survive in there. Plus all the animals were not on the ark.  And no worry about inbreeding as we see the sire and it's mate were taken in, some animals by twos, but others by sevens.  As we see from this scripture here.  

Gen. 7:2, 3 "Of every clean beast you must take to yourself by sevens, the sire and its mate; and of every beast that is not clean just two, the sire and its mate; 3 also of the flying creatures of the heavens by sevens, male and female, to preserve offspring alive on the surface of the entire earth"

As regards inbreeding for Noah and his wife and his son's wives, they had many children, and Jehovah blessed them.  Noah had three sons, who had wives, so as each had children over the years, Ham's son could marry Shem's daughter.

Gen. 9:1 "And God went on to bless Noah and his sons and to say to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth"

Most animals died along with the people so he did not take billions of species in the ark, that did not include the marine life as God said he'd wipe off what was on the surface of the ground and that flew.  

Gen. 6:7 "So Jehovah said: “I am going to wipe men whom I have created off the surface of the ground, from man to domestic animal, to moving animal and to flying creature of the heavens, because I do regret that I have made them"

Marine life was already in the water, so they would still be alive. As we can see from this scripture that they were:

Gen. 7:21, 22 "So all flesh that was moving upon the earth expired, among the flying creatures and among the domestic animals and among the wild beasts and among all the swarms that were swarming upon the earth, and all mankind.22Everything in which the breath of the force of life was active in its nostrils, namely, all that were on the dry ground, died"

Gen. 9:2, 3 "And a fear of ​YOU​ and a terror of ​YOU​ will continue upon every living creature of the earth and upon every flying creature of the heavens, upon everything that goes moving on the ground, and upon all the fishes of the sea. Into ​YOUR​ hand they are now given.3 Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for ​YOU. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to ​YOU"

WHERE DID THE WATER COME FROM?

If you look back at when the earth was created

Gen. 1:6-10 And God went on to say: “Let an expanse come to be in between the waters and let a dividing occur between the waters and the waters.”7Then God proceeded to make the expanse and to make a division between the waters that should be beneath the expanse and the waters that should be above the expanse. And it came to be so.8And God began to call the expanse Heaven. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a second day.

9And God went on to say: “Let the waters under the heavens be brought together into one place and let the dry land appear.” And it came to be so.10And God began calling the dry land Earth, but the bringing together of the waters he called Seas. Further, God saw that [it was] good"

From these scriptures we can see that there was water above the expanse of the earth, or the heavens of the earth, and the heavens of the earth is our atmosphere.  And the water below the expanse was called seas.  

When the flood came, God let the water that was above the expanse down as we read:

Gen. 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on this day all the springs of the vast watery deep were broken open and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.  (Also see 2 Peter 3:5, 6)

As for where the water went, it's still here.   

Noah and his family were able to eat animal meat until the ground was good for planting again, and we see this scripture regarding planting seed

Gen 8:21, 22. And Jehovah began to smell a restful odor, and so Jehovah said in his heart: “Never again shall I call down evil upon the ground on man’s account, because the inclination of the heart of man is bad from his youth up; and never again shall I deal every living thing a blow just as I have done.22For all the days the earth continues, seed sowing and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night, will never cease.”

Since, as the Genesis account says, “all the tall mountains” were covered with water, where is all that water now? Evidently it is right here on the earth. It is believed that there was a time when the oceans were smaller and the continents were larger than they are now, as is evidenced by river channels extending far out under the oceans. It should also be noted that scientists have stated that mountains in the past were much lower than at present, and some mountains have even been pushed up from under the seas. As to the present situation, it is said that “there is ten times as much water by volume in the ocean as there is land above sea level. Dump all this land evenly into the sea, and water would cover the entire earth, one and one-half miles deep.” (National Geographic, January 1945, p. 105) So, after the floodwaters fell, but before the raising of mountains and the lowering of seabeds and before the buildup of polar ice caps, there was more than enough water to cover “all the tall mountains,” as the inspired record says.—Ge 7:19.

Sister T
jw.org  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T