Jehovah`s Witness/ordained

Thanks Derrick,

First I find it hard to believe that JWs are not registered somewhere. I also know that I gave alot of personal information to my Elders before Baptism, Signed in at the assembly prior to my Baptism, my name announced at a meeting congratulating me on becoming a Member of Jehovahs Witnesses etc. I am sure members are registered somewhere, and if need be, the wtbts could access this information.

One of the onsite JW experts did get back to me. I was provided with an answer. The answer basically said , that JWs are Ordained Ministers, the Ordained Minister Status is only valid within Jehovahs Organization and may not be used, invoked nor is valid in Christendom. Certificates or written proof of Ordained Minister are not given. However.. (see JW Yearbook 1994 pgs 251-252). Polish Brothers were given Certificates of Ordained Minister.  This was done so that they could be exempt from Military service. (One has to wonder why this was not the done for our Brothers during the 60s and 70s in the USA?)These brothers had to be Full Time Pioneers to get Ordained Status, not just regular publishers like the Brothers in Poland. Many of these Brothers went to prison, were persecuted and have Criminal records. I was never aware of any of this until now.

I do not mean to nit pick or bring reproach to Jehovahs organization (like the JW expert accused me of.)

Hello, and I hope you are doing well.

To be honest with you, I simply do not have the knowledge of how this works in the Organization, and that is the reason I consulted Robert Jones.  He has a great deal of understanding of how the Organization, and the local congregations work.  I felt he would be more knowledgable on this topic than I am.  His belief is that they are not registered in Brooklyn as such.  Now, there IS an expert on here that claims to be at Headquarters in Brooklyn (Benyamin Grunbaum), however it would not surprise me in the least to find out that he is one of the ones that was rude to you, or refused your question either.  So, he may not be much help to you.

Again, it is regrettable that these people accuse you of "bringing reproach" on "Jehovah's Organization", as if there is even such a thing to begin with, when they continually bring reproach on Jehovah Himself with their untruths and slander towards other people whom they wish to discredit.  Its always about the Organization, instead of being a Christian in their conduct, it seems.  My advice....Don't worry about the Organization so much, and even do some research on it, and you may be surprised with what you find out.  The main thing is to make sure that you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and are adopted into God's family, through faith in the shed blood of Jesus Christ alone for your salvation.

Jesus said "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God".  He never said a word anywhere about coming to an Organization.  For that matter, neither did any other Bible writer in the New Testament.  Maybe because an Organization doesn't have a thing to do with out salvation?

I think you are to be commended for asking questions, and I pray your questions lead you to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Have a good evening, and I hope you can get the answer you are seeking.  If I can help in any way, please write me anytime.  I am sorry I cannot give you the answer you need on this topic, as my area of knowledge is more of Bible doctrine, and how it compares to JW belief and teaching.  

Take care,

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.