Hi Bro. DW! Should this pagan holiday even be celebrated by those claiming to be true christains as an EXCUSE to be with family for just this ONE DAY ONLY OUT OF THE WHOLE YEAR? Also WHERE is the biblical evidence that this religous hoiday BY THE WORLD is suppose to be on NOVEMBER 23,IF even theres any EVIDENCE IN THE BIBLE TO BE DOING SO WITH THIS TRADITION!???!  Thank you my brother. P.S. Matthew 24:14 "as a witness to all the nations."(here)reading this very answer.

Hello mate

Thanks for writing

There is no bible evidence to even celebrate this day let alone a date.

Anything to do with celebrating pagan holiday's is to be avoided like the plague for true Christians.

Isaiah 52:

11 "Turn away, turn away, get out of there, touch nothing unclean"

Now whilst it is true that these days are a nice time off from work, which most people including myself look forward too, they are certainly not an excuse to celebrate things of this nature.

Just imagine how God feels as he looks down from heaven. He saw when all these things started and he was as disgusted then as he is now!!

Imagine your family was put through torture, suffering and murder by a certain person and as a result the person who tortured and made your family suffer set up lot's of little holiday's and anniversary's to remind you of that fact. Then imagine he invited billions of people to celebrate those special day's with him and the vast majority did so. Then add to the equation that millions who did claimed to love you and have a fantastic relationship with you. How would you feel??

That's exactly how God feels. Pagan holiday's were set up by Satan and they've only come about as the result of what Satan started in the Garden of Eden a turning away of God. So "Christendom" can use all the excuses under the sun "Oh well I don't celebrate it for that" or "I don't see it that way" it makes no difference, GOD DOES!!!

Having said that whilst celebrating these days is certainly not acceptable. Every Christian has to make a choice exactly as what to do on these day's there is no hard and fast rules in certain areas, however we must keep Bible principles in mind, such as this one here.With regard to visiting unbelieving members of your family.

2 Cor 6:

14 "Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness?"

Or this one here. With regards to stumbling other's

Romans 14:

21 "It is well not to eat flesh or to drink wine or do anything over which your brother stumbles"

So thing's of this nature have to be considered by true Christians as their Bible trained conscience decides

Follow up if you need

Take Care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.