Jehovah`s Witness/Prayer

Thanks so much for answering my recent question on Jehovah's will.
However, this time I wanted to ask another question concerning prayer:
Why we know that Jehovah is the Hearer of Prayer? with some proof/examples to show that he is the Hearer of prayer.

Hello again, you are welcome.

First let's see what prayer really means:  It's Worshipful address, whether aloud or silently in one’s thoughts, to the true God or to false gods.

Secular definition:  a. A reverent petition made to God, a god, or another object of worship.

So prayer is a petition or address to what or who the person worships.  And it can be to God, a god, or an object.

Jehovah's Witnesses worship the only true God, Jehovah, as he said he was a God exacting exclusive devotion, we pray only to Jehovah through his son Jesus. (Ex 20:4, 5, John 17:3, John 14:6).

So according to Jehovah our prayers should only be directed to him as we only worship Jehovah.

Since Jehovah cannot lie (Titus 1:2) He would not tell us to pray to Him and then not hear the prayers.  So we have the scripture that tells us he is the hearer of prayer (Ps. 65:2).  (Although there are prayers he does not listen to)

1 Pet. 3:12: “The eyes of Jehovah are upon the righteous ones, and his ears are toward their supplication; but the face of Jehovah is against those doing bad things.”

1 John 3:22: “Whatever we ask we receive from him, because we are observing his commandments and are doing the things that are pleasing in his eyes.”

Isa. 55:6: “Search for Jehovah, you people, while he may be found. Call to him while he proves to be near."

1 Thess. 5:17, 18: “Pray incessantly. In connection with everything give thanks.”

Jas. 5:16: “Pray for one another.”

Matt. 26:41: “Keep on the watch and pray continually, that you may not enter into temptation.”

Phil. 4:6: “Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let your petitions be made known to God.”

Any prayers to anyone else except Jehovah is going as high as the ceiling.  

Jehovah answering your prayer depends on if it's according to his will.

Millions of people the world over have told of experiences when they were praying for help with learning about the true God, praying to learn the truth when Jehovah's Witnesses come to their doors.  And they have a chance to learn the truth from the Bible.

Here is a Bible account that I really enjoyed of an example of an answered prayer:

2 Kings 20:1-6 "In those days Hez‧e‧ki′ah got sick to the point of dying. Accordingly Isaiah the son of A′moz the prophet came in to him and said to him: “This is what Jehovah has said, ‘Give commands to your household, for you yourself will indeed die and will not live.’” 2At that he turned his face to the wall and began to pray to Jehovah, saying: 3“I beseech you, O Jehovah, remember, please, how I have walked before you in truthfulness and with a complete heart, and what was good in your eyes I have done.” And Hez‧e‧ki′ah began to weep profusely.

4And it came about that Isaiah himself had not yet gone out to the middle court when Jehovah’s word itself came to him, saying: 5“Go back, and you must say to Hez‧e‧ki′ah the leader of my people, ‘This is what Jehovah the God of David your forefather has said: “I have heard your prayer. I have seen your tears. Here I am healing you. On the third day you will go up to the house of Jehovah. 6And I shall certainly add fifteen years to your days, and out of the palm of the king of As‧syr′i‧a I shall deliver you and this city, and I will defend this city for my own sake and for the sake of David my servant.”

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)