Jehovah`s Witness/Prayer not answered

Thanks for so many answers for me previously.
The next question is why my prayer was not answered?
One of my relative recently had a bad illness and I prayed to Johavah to help him. But died later. Why? Is is because it is not a Jehovah will that He would not answered?

Hello Woo,

Please accept my sincere condolences regarding the death of your dear loved one.  I am very sorry that you are going through so much right now.  

What is very important to remember is the reason why people die from illness, from accidents and from old age.  Jehovah's purpose was for people to live forever, not die.  But Adam and Eve took that away from us by their actions, their disobedience.  They took it upon themselves to decide what was good and what was bad for themselves instead of letting Jehovah decide, thus siding with Satan.  Adam was fully aware of what he was doing when he ate the forbidden fruit.  (Gen. 2:16, 17)

Since they sinned before having children, all their offspring inherited sin and death and thus people die, not because Jehovah doesn't listen to the prayers of his servants but because of what we inherited.  

1 Cor 15:21-23  For since death is through a man, resurrection of the dead is also through a man. 22For just as in Adam all are dying, so also in the Christ all will be made alive. 23But each one in his own rank: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence

God purposed for people to be loosed from sin and death when he sent his son, the love he showed by sending his son meant that if our loved ones died before Jehovah's appointed time, he would remember them and resurrect them back to life.  But that resurrection would be at a specific time that is most fitting, during a time when they would not have to worry about Satan interfering with their learning Jehovah's requirements as he does now (2 Cor. 4:4)  That would be during Christ's millennial reign.  At that time there will be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous, (Acts 24:15)

Since God has appointed a time for this to take place then we can not expect for it to take place before that time.  So it's not that it was not his will that your relative died when you prayed.  Because it's not God's fault that we die to begin with.

James 1:13 "When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone"

Also remember this, if all we needed to do for our loved ones not to die is pray to Jehovah, what would be the point in him establishing the resurrection?  We would not need the resurrection if our loved ones didn't die when we prayed for them not to.  The last enemy death has not yet been abolished, so we continue to grow old get sick and die. (1 Cor. 15:26)

It's not proper for us to expect Jehovah to go back on his word that he already set forth, which is the time when our dead loved ones will be raised.  And until that time, it would be proper to pray to Jehovah to help you endure this great time of distress and sorrow.  

Just as Jehovah himself endured the sorrow of watching his own beloved son die so that we could one day see our dead loved ones again.  Jehovah didn't say, I will not let my son die for these people because I love him way too much for that.  No he knew that at the appointed time, he would raise his son back to life again.  And just like he raised Jesus back to life at the appointed time, he will raise our dead loved ones back to life at the appointed time. (John 5:28, 29)  But until that time comes, we can pray for endurance so that we can be there to welcome back our dead loved ones. 2 Peter 1:5, 6; Matthew 24:13; 1 Peter 5:6-11

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)