Jehovah`s Witness/The problem with Derrick Holland's understanding of the Scriptures.

Hi Bro. DW,
Pain!  Looks like Derrick Holland can't get enough of it and came back for more.
Anyway, the way I see it, why Derrick Holland can't get the meaning of the scriptures is his lack of understanding. That is, what is LITERAL and what is SYMBOLIC/FIGURATIVE.
As already explained clearly by you, Bro. Rando and Bro. Ben it's beyond me why he still doesn't get it.
But for the sake of clarity and to show the satanic tactic he's using, let me reason this out using his own analogy and interpretation of John 2:19. Please correct me if I'm wrong in my understanding.
John 2:19 states the following:
"In answer Jesus said to them: “Break down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” #NWT#
According to Mr. Holland, the above verse in short means:
"...that Jesus rose in a fleshly body like the Bible teaches He did."
That is, the entombed Jesus LITERALLY rose in the SAME body #that he sacrificed "once and for all times"#, because as he claim "the Bible teaches HE did". So we're clear on this.
Question is:
If this is the case -does this also mean then that when Jesus said " three days I will raise it up” he will LITERALLY raise himself up?
Again since, Derrick and his followers believe and declare that "this temple" means his #Jesus'# LITERAL #same sacrificed, beaten# body - not a symbolic or figurative one. So it follows then that the "I will raise it up" statement must also be LITERAL if "this temple" IS his body. Correct?
What do you think Bro. DW?
Now, did Jesus LITERALLY raise himself up? Was Jesus somehow alive somewhere, floating somewhere, waiting for three days and then resurrect himself in the SAME body #that he died with/in#?
It can't be because they will make Jesus a liar for he was dead, in the tomb for three days.
So obviously someONE did raise him from the dead as the Bible said:
#Acts 10:40, 41# . . .God raised this One up on the third day and granted him to become manifest, 41 not to all the people, but to witnesses appointed beforehand by God, to us, who ate and drank with him after his rising from the dead.

Now if someONE did #which clearly was the case#, then what did Jesus meant when he said "I will raise it up"?
Raised what up?

And again #for emphasis# how could someONE raise himself up if He is dead?

Furthermore, can God die? Again, the Bible says NO. But Jesus died and yet he said "I will raise it up".

So clearly he was NOT referring to the SAME body that he already gave away! He did NOT raise himself - his OWN BODY up but God, his Father did!Jehovah God resurrected his ONLY-Begotten son as a SPIRIT being. Thus the statement "Break down this temple" is referring NOT to his BODY - his FLESH but something else.

What could it be? I believe you Bro DW, Bro. Rando and Bro. Ben already provided a clear and satisfactory answer to this question. No need to repeat it again.
Questions is:
How do you think they will explain this Bro. DW? If the Bible really teaches that Jesus resurrected himself in the SAME body #this temple# that he died with/in, then it should agree with the entire Bible, correct?

But it clearly does not if you used their understanding.

Interesting conundrum huh Bro. DW?
I guess this might one of their so called the "Mystery of the Trinity Doctrine" that they so loved to teach.

OK, I'll stop here to see your take Bro. DW. Did I get it right?

BTW - can you expand on this statement?
#Acts 10:40, 41# . . .God raised this One up on the third day and granted him to become manifest,"

What does the statement " granted him to become manifest" signify?

Hi mate.

Thank's for writing.

Your thought's are absolutely correct!!

The other day I pointed out Derrick's inconsistency in his scriptural understand. It's not exclusive to him all Christendom are exactly the same. The difference is with Derrick is that he doesn't know when to shut up!! His brain power is non-existent. When you point these things out to other's in the realm of Christendom the vast majority of them just shut up , realize they're wrong and slink away defeated, other's realize they're wrong and are willing to change, then there are some like Derrick, who just carry on and on, on the same point, embarrassing themselves in the process. But that's his problem not ours!!

The example you give is a classic example of scriptural inconsistency.

If it's a literal raising "THIS" and "IT" then Jesus literally raised himself "I" and i was well thought by yourself, well done!!

However let me give me two more just to show this is a pattern.

John 5:

18 "On this account, indeed, the Jews began seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath but he was also calling God his own Father, making himself equal to God"

Now Christendom say "There you go he was making himself equal to God", but they don't consider that if that was indeed the case he was also breaking the sabbath!!

Both things are false accusations .One isn't a false accusation and one true, they're both false.

Unless you're making the Bible inconsistent, like Derrick!!

Here's another

Matt 10:

28 "And do not become fearful of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; but rather be in fear of him that can destroy both soul and body in Ge·hen′na"

So they say there you go "This is teaching that the soul is immortal" , but they don't consider in EXACTLY the same verse that the soul can be destroyed!!

So how is it possibly immortal??

Again unless you make the Bible inconsistent. The Bible is not inconsistent it's clear and written in the realms of human understanding.

How did you do?? Very well, Good spot!! You get a yellow lollipop and 4 smiley stickers, which is the most I've given away since I've been on the board, hahahaha

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<#Acts 10:40, 41# . . .God raised this One up on the third day and granted him to become manifest,"

What does the statement " granted him to become manifest" signify?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jehovah judged Jesus sacrifice as acceptable and as such raised him from the dead. Before he went back to heaven he manifested himself to his disciples firstly to give a witness of these events and as a result the name of Jesus Christ and all that it stood for become known/manifest to people of all sorts.  

People where left in no doubt that salvation was through his name.

Acts 10:

40" God raised this One up on the third day and granted him to become manifest, 41 not to all the people, but to witnesses appointed beforehand by God, to us, who ate and drank with him after his rising from the dead. 42 Also, he ordered us to preach to the people and to give a thorough witness that this is the One decreed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. 43 To him all the prophets bear witness, that everyone putting faith in him gets forgiveness of sins through his name"

Follow up if you need

Take Care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.