Jehovah`s Witness/Satanic Tactic and Derrick Holland

Bro. DW,

Upon further researched of Mr. Hollands tactic it's now very obvious to me how he manipulates the truth and twist it to suit his propaganda against the WTBTS.

Notice the following statements from him:

This is a valid question, which clearly outlines the difference between the Watchtower Society and Bible-believing Christianity. To a Christian, the empty tomb is a wonderful proof that Jesus Christ rose bodily from the grave as He predicted. To a Jehovah's Witness, the empty tomb carries no such significance....rather it is merely proof that Jesus' body was dissolved, or disposed of by Jehovah God. But it is not viewed as proof of a bodily resurrection.

Some quotes from the Watchtower Society's publications, and their founder, Charles Taze Russell......."

See this statement?

"To a Jehovah's Witness, the empty tomb carries no such significance....rather it is merely proof that Jesus' body was dissolved, or disposed of by Jehovah God. But it is not viewed as proof of a bodily resurrection."

The support his claim he partially quotes some of our publications.

like the following:

"..the man Jesus is dead, forever dead" #STUDIES IN THE SCRIPTURES, Volume 5, page 454#

"We deny that He was raised in the flesh, and challenge any statement to that effect as being unscriptural." #STUDIES IN THE SCRIPTURES, Vol. 7, page 57#

Yet in many of our publications there's emphasis on Jesus' resurrection. Why it's important to know the significance of his rising from the dead. What hope it gives to those who lost dear loved ones.

What Mr. Holland did is an outright twisting of the facts imho.

For instance he also quoted this:

"No, for Jesus simply materialized or took on a fleshly body, as angels had done in the past. In order to convince Thomas of who He was, He used a body, with wound holes. He appeared, or seemed to be, fully human, able to eat and drink, just as did the angels that Abraham once entertained." #YOU CAN LIVE FOREVER IN PARADISE ON EARTH, pages 144-145#."

to support his misconception that Jehovahs Witnesses believe and teach that it "carries no such significance....rather it is merely proof that Jesus' body was dissolved,"

Fact is the book he cherry picked from contain subjects on the significance of Jesus' resurrection.

What was being discussed in the chapter that he cherry picked was the return of Jesus Christ - how?

Here's the Topic:

"Chapter 17
Christ’s Return—How Seen?"

And mentions:

6 However, many persons believe that Christ took his fleshly body to heaven. They point to the fact that when Christ was raised from the dead, his fleshly body was no longer in the tomb. #Mark 16:5-7# Also, after his death Jesus appeared to his disciples in a fleshly body to show them that he was alive. Once He even had the apostle Thomas put his hand into the hole in His side so that Thomas would believe that He had actually been resurrected. #John 20:24-27# Does this not prove that Christ was raised alive in the same body in which he was put to death?

7 No, it does not. The Bible is very clear when it says: “Christ died once for all time concerning sins . . . , he being put to death in the flesh, but being made alive in the spirit.” #1 Peter 3:18# Humans with flesh-and-blood bodies cannot live in heaven. Of the resurrection to heavenly life, the Bible says: “It is sown a physical body, it is raised up a spiritual body. . . . flesh and blood cannot inherit God’s kingdom.” #1 Corinthians 15:44-50# Only spirit persons with spiritual bodies can live in heaven.

8 Well, then, what happened to Jesus’ fleshly body? Did not the disciples find his tomb empty? They did, because God removed Jesus’ body. Why did God do this? It fulfilled what had been written in the Bible. #Psalm 16:10; Acts 2:31# Thus Jehovah saw fit to remove Jesus’ body, even as he had done before with Moses’ body. #Deuteronomy 34:5, 6# Also, if the body had been left in the tomb, Jesus’ disciples could not have understood that he had been raised from the dead, since at that time they did not fully appreciate spiritual things.

9 But since the apostle Thomas was able to put his hand into the hole in Jesus’ side, does that not show that Jesus was raised from the dead in the same body that was nailed to the stake? No, for Jesus simply materialized or took on a fleshly body, as angels had done in the past. In order to convince Thomas of who He was, He used a body with wound holes. He appeared, or seemed to be, fully human, able to eat and drink, just as did the angels that Abraham once entertained.—Genesis 18:8; Hebrews 13:2.
10 While Jesus appeared to Thomas in a body similar to the one in which He was put to death, He also took on different bodies when appearing to His followers. Thus Mary Magdalene at first thought that Jesus was a gardener. At other times his disciples did not at first recognize him. In these instances it was not his personal appearance that served to identify him, but it was some word or action that they recognized.—John 20:14-16; 21:6, 7; Luke 24:30, 31.

11 For 40 days after his resurrection, Jesus made appearances in a fleshly body to his disciples. #Acts 1:3# Then he left for heaven. But some may ask: ‘Did not the two angels present tell the apostles that Christ “will come thus in the same manner as you have beheld him going into the sky”?’ #Acts 1:11# Yes, they did. But notice that they said “in the same manner,” not in the same body. And what was the manner of Jesus’ leaving? It was quiet, without public display. Only his apostles knew about it. The world did not.

12 Consider how the Bible describes the manner in which Jesus left his apostles on his way to heaven: “While they were looking on, he was lifted up and a cloud caught him up from their vision.” #Acts 1:9# So when Jesus began going into the sky, a cloud hid him from the literal eyesight of his apostles. The departing Jesus, therefore, became invisible to them. They could not see him. Then in his spiritual body he ascended to heaven. #1 Peter 3:18# Thus his return also would be invisible, in a spiritual body."

In addition Chapter 20 expanded on the resurrection:

Below is just a portion of what itsaid.

"Chapter 20
Resurrection—for Whom, and Where?"

The chapter talks about:

"GOD’S SERVANTS have always believed in the resurrection. Of Abraham, who lived 2,000 years before Jesus was born as a human, the Bible says: “He reckoned that God was able to raise him [his son Isaac] up even from the dead.” #Hebrews 11:17-19# Later God’s servant Job asked: “If an able-bodied man dies can he live again?” In answer to his own question, Job said to God: “You will call, and I myself shall answer you.” Thus he showed that he believed in the resurrection.—Job 14:14, 15.
2 When Jesus Christ was on earth, he explained: “That the dead are raised up even Moses disclosed, in the account about the thornbush, when he calls Jehovah ‘the God of Abraham and God of Isaac and God of Jacob.’ He is a God, not of the dead, but of the living, for they are all living to him.” #Luke 20:37, 38# In the Christian Greek Scriptures the word “resurrection” is used more than 40 times. Indeed, the resurrection of the dead is a main Bible teaching.—Hebrews 6:1, 2.
10 In the beginning it was not God’s purpose to resurrect anyone, because if Adam and Eve had remained faithful no one would have had to die. But then Adam’s sin brought imperfection and death upon everyone. #Romans 5:12# So to make it possible for any of Adam’s children to enjoy everlasting life, Jehovah God arranged for the resurrection. But what determines whether a person is resurrected or not?
11 The Bible explains: “There is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” #Acts 24:15# This may surprise some. ‘Why bring the “unrighteous” back to life?’ they may wonder. What happened while Jesus was hanging on the torture stake will help us to answer this question.
12 These men next to Jesus are criminals. One of them has just finished insulting him, saying: “You are the Christ, are you not? Save yourself and us.” However, the other criminal believes Jesus. He turns to him and says: “Remember me when you get into your kingdom.” At that, Jesus promises: “Truly I tell you today, You will be with me in Paradise.”—Luke 23:39-43.

19 Jesus Christ is spoken of as “the first to be resurrected from the dead.” #Acts 26:23# This means that he was the first to be resurrected of those who would not have to die again. Also, he was the first to be raised as a spirit person. #1 Peter 3:18# But the Bible tells us that there would be others, saying: “Each one in his own rank: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who belong to the Christ during his presence.” #1 Corinthians 15:20-23# So in the resurrection some would be raised up before certain others.
20 “Those who belong to the Christ” are the 144,000 faithful disciples chosen to rule with him in the Kingdom. Of their heavenly resurrection, the Bible says: “Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will . . . rule as kings with him for the thousand years.”—Revelation 20:6; 14:1, 3."
25 After a person dies, what is resurrected? It is not the same body that died. The Bible shows this when it describes the resurrection to heavenly life. #1 Corinthians 15:35-44# Even those who are resurrected to life on earth do not receive the same body they had when they lived before. That body probably decayed and returned to the ground. In time the elements of the dead body may have become a part of other living things. So God resurrects not the same body but the same person that died. To persons who go to heaven, he gives a new spiritual body. To those who are raised to live on earth, he gives a new physical body. This new physical body will no doubt be similar to the one the person had before he died so that he will be recognized by those who knew him.
26 The resurrection is indeed a wonderful miracle. The person that died may have built up a great amount of experience and knowledge and many memories over a lifetime. He developed a personality that made him different from any other person that ever lived. Yet Jehovah God remembers every detail, and will restore this complete person when He resurrects him. As the Bible says of the dead to be resurrected: “They are all living to him.” #Luke 20:38# Humans can record voices and pictures of people, and play them back long after the people have died. But Jehovah can, and actually will, bring back to life all persons who are living in his memory!

27 The Bible tells us much more about life in Paradise after the dead are resurrected. For example, Jesus spoke of persons coming out, some to “a resurrection of life” and others to “a resurrection of judgment.” #John 5:29# What did he mean? And will the situation be any different for the “righteous” that are resurrected from what it will be for the “unrighteous”? A consideration of Judgment Day will answer such questions for us."

So No to what Mr. Holland cherry picked. It does not even remotely show that "To a Jehovah's Witness, the empty tomb carries no such significance" it matters a lot. In fact if you're reading this Mr. Holland - type in Jesus resurrection in out library search and you will get more that 11K hits on the subject.

Now Bro. DW is that significant enough? It is to me. What about you?

So Mr. Holland is lying huh? If not he must be one confused person or just merely displaying how satanic tactic works.

sorry for the long post - I needed to quote the contents of the book for clarity.

Hello Bro.

Thanks for writing.

Yes I agree with you as you say it's a twist of the facts. You can't say it's an outright lie as such , because comment's like this are correct "But it is not viewed as proof of a bodily resurrection"

However there's more to Satan's tactics than outright lies. Like you say it's a twist on the facts being sly with his wording,because it's not MERELY proof of anything!!! It reminds me of Satan,look at this account here.

Matt 4:

3 "IF you are a son of God"

Now this is Satan tempting Jesus but notice he uses the word IF .Now he knew who Jesus was, but you see just one little word change to try and spark reaction in peoples mind. Satan here was trying to get Jesus to react with pride. Derrick here is trying to get people to react into thinking we view Jesus resurrection as insignificant.

He's very slippery Derrick in his Satanic tactics. What he does (among other things) is he throws a word in here and there to change the thought of the statement like using the word MERELY here. A little while a go he made this statement:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<The WT also has the problem of illustrating that the "7 times" in Daniel are intended as prophecy for future events, RATHER than a period of time in Nebuchadnezzar's life>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now when have we ever said it's a period of time RATHER than Nebuchadnezzar's life??

When I pulled him up he said he just missed a word out and it should have read "RATHER THAN JUST a period of time" but the point is he never went back to correct his "error" he could easily do that , he has that option, so here he left a word out to spark a reaction in people's minds.

He twists thing and tells outright lies I think he's been caught in four outright lies since I've been on the board and of course his twisting of facts just adds to the equation. Then he claims to know so much about our beliefs that he has a right to be here!! The evidence shows different,in fact the reason the non witnesses are on this board automatically shows they have a hidden agenda.

Anyway thanks for all your hard work in exposing Derrick's SATANIC TACTIC'S

Take care

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.