Jehovah`s Witness/What stake did Jesus really have?

Thank you for taking my question/comment. I have been following the JW board for time. Mostly I find it entertaining watching some of the pundits scream and holler trying to force their belief down other's throats. But I also have friends and family who are Witnesses and have long been a student of religion, wanting to understand what others believe. Finally, it is also interesting to see Christians getting a taste of their own medicine as they are told their own beliefs are inferior and they are not going to heaven, saved, or whatever you wish to call it. You've probably guessed it by now, I am Jewish and a convert no less.

Now on to my question/comment. The JW's make a valid point. Throughout the Christian Scriptures we see much that makes no logical sense: how does Satan tempt God with kingdoms and powers He already possesses? How do you kill God and who ran the world while he was dead? And if he was truly dead, how could he raise himself up? How does one part of God not know things that the other parts know? And on our current point, what did it cost was the presumed sin debt, paid by a temporary death and 70cc of blood not poured on the altar (the last part of the question could really be a question of its own)? It seems that if Jesud is god then he really had no stake or possibility of loss in the equation.

I look forward to your answer and thank you kindly in advance for your time. Shalom

Thank you for your question.  This forum is an interesting dichotomy of personalities, isn't it?  I applaud your interest in learning of other religions besides your own.  As you continue studying and asking questions about different religions, sometimes the answer to a question is really clear, and sometimes it requires backtracking to something deeper.

In this case, the questions that you are asking come with many assumptions.  And I agree that JW's make a very valid point if these assumptions are in place.  The first assumption is that "God" only applies to the Father.  The second assumption is that if Jesus was God as a man, that He didn't have to deal with the issues of being flesh, including momentarily being placed "lower than the angels".  The third assumption is that death means annihilation of the soul.  In order to understand what your questions are asking, we must first remove those assumptions.  

HOW DOES SATAN TEMPT GOD?  I assume you are asking the paradox, if Jesus is God, and God cannot be tempted, how could Jesus be tempted?  The simple answer is that Jesus was flesh and had to deal with what flesh has to deal with, including temptation.  This doesn't remove the Deity of Jesus, in fact His resistance to these temptations demonstrates it.

HOW DO YOU KILL GOD? You don't, you remove the life from the body Jesus was given.  Jesus died just as every other human died.  Because Jesus was the only human to live a perfect existence and because He was the Son of God, He had to be sacrificed to atone for the sins of all mankind.    

WHO RAN THE WORLD? The Father.  But I think this statement really tries to put God into a box.  

IF GOD WAS DEAD, HOW COULD HE RAISE HIMSELF UP? See assumption number 3.  I believe that all the dead at this point were in Sheol, including Jesus.  Jesus conquered death, became the first fruits and was raised through the will of the Father.

HOW DOES ONE PART OF GOD NOT KNOW THINGS - Because Jesus is the Word of God, He can only speak what the Father wills Him to speak.  Because Jesus is subject to the will of the Father, He can only do what the Father wills him to do.  It is for these reasons that Jesus only knows what the Father wills Him to know when He wills Him to know it.  [FYI, this concept does not contradict the scriptural definition of the Trinity, but it does conflict with many man-made concepts of the Trinity]

WHAT DID IT COST? I hope I answered that a few questions above.  I have never given any thought to the blood not being poured on an altar, however I can see in your religion how that topic would be an interesting discussion.  I look forward to learning more about this.

I am sure that this spawned more questions for you.  Please feel free to follow up.

Jehovah`s Witness

I am not a Jehovah's Witness, however I can answer many questions concerning the ideas and doctrines on which they disagree with mainstream Christianity. I have spent a great deal of time in ministry with current and ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as those who have started to become disillusioned with the Watchtower Organization.

Jehovah's Witnesses are generally wonderful and moral people who are zealous for God. However, in their zeal, they have pledged allegiance to what they believe is God's spirit-directed organization. This allegiance blinds them from allowing God's word alone to work in them. My hope is to share the love of Jesus Christ with all who seek salvation, no matter their label or denomination. My experiences come from the relationship that I have with Him as the source of my daily strength. These experiences create an undeniable testimony of salvation by grace through faith in the cleansing blood of the Lamb of God. Through prayer and meditation on God's holy word alone, we find truth as revealed to us through the Holy Spirit.

As the word "organization" is misleading in this particular area, I want to be clear that, as a member of the body of Christ, the label or denomination of the church I attend is not the source of my salvation. I do not go to or through any organization for official knowledge or guidance. I go to God's word alone.

I have a Bachelor and Master's Degree with extensive educational experience.