Jehovah`s Witness/Just talking

QUESTION: Hi Sister T,
I have been on this web-site for some time now..I have read many replies. I use to love to read it but when folks started to mud sling, I lost interest. I've been studying with the witnesses for approx. 4 yrs. I'm thinking of getting baptized, but that is between me & Jehovah. I go to my meetings & we are always told to stay off of web-sites that is not the JW web-site..The reason that I came here is quite by accident. I'm not trying to take the raft out of anyone's eye, because I'm guilty as well. Again, we are told to stay off of web-sites. Many on here are witnesses and does the Governing Body approve of this web-site ? What I notice is that many don't have the loving spirit that is suppose to identify a witness. What I see here is that most of the witnesses on this site are not humble & they are rude. Is this how witnesses should be seen ? I go to the hall & hear how we are suppose to respond to folks & this doesn't seem to be the case on this site..What I do notice that the experts that are not witnesses seem to be kinder than witnesses. I also read where someone said that your replies are too long..I know how that is, when I comment, I try to keep it under 30 seconds, it's hard to at times because first of all you are nervous & then it sometimes doesn't come out just the way you think it will. Prophet Grubman, now that's another story...I have never heard any brother call himself a Prophet, so this makes me wonder if he is really a brother & if he is..does the Governing Body approve of him & this web-site. I also notice other witnesses on this website asking it because if you see something different from what is said from the stage, that you can't question it, so many come to web-site, just to air their views without being called an disfellowshipped.  I know that's why I came here...I heard some doctrine that didn't line up with the scriptures. To me the Bible is the final word, man can only interpret..& maybe just maybe, Jehovah doesn't want the bible to be interpreted, because every person thinks differently & Jehovah knows that, so maybe the Bible are lessons of how to act, how to treat others & how to obey Jehovah & apply what you know pleases him.  I talk to many of the friends & what I've noticed they are the same but different, when I go out in service, some say, knock on the door no more than twice, others say, 3 times is good...some have gone thru problems in the hall but are staying because they love Jehovah so much. What I'm noticing many of the witnesses are attracted to the same message it's the reaction to it that makes witnesses different from one another. Some are nice & some are not so nice...Some read a scripture & see it one way and another see's it differently...I must say that most of them are very nice. Don't worry about your long replies...hope to hear from you..

ANSWER: Hello Dee,

Thank you for writing! I'm glad you enjoy my replies, this one will be long too :-)  

It's good that you are studying and I hope that you will soon come to see that there really is no where else to go if you want to live.  Just like when Jesus made the statement that people would have to drink his blood and eat his flesh.  All the Jews knew the commandments about abstaining from blood.  So this was very shocking to them.  They did not understand what Jesus was talking about, and instead of them waiting to find out, or asking him, they left him, even after they had seen the miracles he had performed, and heard his teachings which always praised his Father Jehovah.  They left because of one thing they did not understand and ultimately lost out on their lives.  Jesus asked his apostles if they wanted to leave too, and what was the reply?  "Where are we to go, you have the sayings of ever lasting life"  There is no other way, there is only one true way.  

If you go to another religion, you can not tell me they are living in accordance with all that Jehovah has laid out in the Bible.  If they teach that your soul never dies, they get eliminated.  If they teach that Jesus is God, they get eliminated.  If they teach that you will burn in a fiery hell forever and ever after you die, then they get eliminated. If they OK to send their young to war to kill others, they get eliminated.  If they approve of and allow the things that God hates to go on just so they can get more money from the masses, they get eliminated.  Who is left?  Only one, and that is Jehovah's Witnesses. There is no other truth, there is only one.  As the Bible brings out, one faith!  Not a whole bunch leading up to God, and definitely not a person doing his own thing, if that was the case, we would not be told to be of one mind, that right there let's you know it's not about a person doing his own thing.

If we look back at the Israelites as a whole, did they do their own thing?  If each one did their own thing and said, I'm not going to be organized along with everyone else because I can just go off and do it by myself, like when Moses was at the mountain, and the people were gathered together before it, and Jehovah said for no one to try to come up, or even touch it, so that they do not die.  What if someone felt they could go up and speak to Jehovah because they didn't want to listen to Moses, but felt since they had a personal relationship with him, they could go up on their own.  Do you think Jehovah would have accepted that?  No, we know he would not have. Even though they were at one time a people to Him, they lost that privilege.  So now he has spiritual Israel, and they are to be all of one mind, in unity. The world over who is in unity completely with their teachings?  You will not go to a Kingdom Hall in Africa and they teach that it's OK to live together without being married, you will not go to a Kingdom Hall in Japan and they teach that it's OK to do that, or in Brazil, or in the U.K. or in any place in the entire world.  Why?  Because we all speak the same pure language, and it's not accomplished by men alone, but it's Jehovah's holy spirit at work.  That's how it's accomplished, there is no way this could be done without the backing of Jehovah.  So there is no where else to go but death.  If you don't agree or understand something, you have to remember that our personal ideas may not always be correct.  And if a mistake is made, it will be corrected in due time.  That's where your Faith in Jehovah God comes in, because Jehovah's Witnesses is the only ones who are living according to what the Bible says, the ONLY ones in the world!

And what a lot of people may not care to realize is that most JW's come from all kinds of backgrounds and from the false religions of this world.  People want us to be perfect and think that we are going to be robots, we all have our own personalities, and thoughts and opinions.  If one person doesn't agree with some opinion, then fine.  They don't have to, as long as it doesn't go against what the Bible teaches us. We are not under the Mosaic Law.   

So if one person wants to knock 3 times, fine, if one person wants to knock 5 times and ring the door bell, then fine.  It's up to that person.  If they give you suggestions, it's not a hard and fast rule that you can only knock 3 times, knock 2 or 4 if you want to.  

We are cautioned because of the wolves in sheep clothing who are out to get you, as you said, some seem nicer then the Witnesses. That's why we are cautioned to not read their sites, because of that type of thinking.  Once you start thinking that way, it won't be too long before you are writing to them, and then they convince you to leave Jehovah.  It won't be good, so that is for our benefit. Satan is clever, he got perfect people and perfect angels to turn against Jehovah.  We are imperfect, so yes, we are cautioned about these things for our own benefit!  Just as Satan smoothly asked Eve, 'is it really so God said this?'  They say to you, 'is it really so you shouldn't read this?'  

I'm here helping people who have honest questions get real true answers from the Bible.  As we read about being ready to give a reply to anyone asking why we believe the way we do.  This forum gives people who may not be at home when their doors are knocked on or who may want to ask a question that they are afraid to ask someone face to face the chance to do that.  But also, Satan is not going to let that go smoothly, so we see the apostates and opposers on here.....and of course they are going to paint themselves as being nice because they are only here for one reason, and that is to deceive you. How else can you deceive someone if you are not nice.  How did Satan deceive Eve?  I'm sure he didn't yell at her and say you better eat this fruit so you will die!  No he was smooth and nice and catered to her already interests in the tree, otherwise she wouldn't have been going over to it if she had not already showed she was interested in having something that was not hers.

Does not the Bible say, Satan is transforming himself into an angel of light?  They will do whatever it takes to make you have doubts.  Because if they didn't have a hidden agenda they would be on the critics page.  But they are on this page, lurking, waiting to pounce.  And there may be a sincere person out there who really wants to know the truth.  And if real JW's were not on here, then all they would get is the twists of truths and out right lies, from the apostates and opposers.  So we are here.  And you can weed out the ones who are not real anyway.  The world is cruel, as its ran by Satan, so if there is someone here that you know is just here to cause a rift and is not asking a question to learn the truth, then you will understand why the reply isn't as pleasant as you may think it should be.  They aren't here to be pleasant, they are here to make sure you die at Armageddon, in a nice way.  Don't play into that.....Jesus didn't when he called out the religious leaders of his day!!

Other Witnesses ask questions because they want to learn the deep things of God, and may not yet be at the level that some are on here, like Bro. Grünbaum, (in your opinion he's not humble, well what was your reason for spelling his name wrong, did you do that out of disrespect? was that humble on your part? plus he explained why he calls himself a prophet), like Bro. DW, Bro. Rando, or Sis. Brenda, and a few others.  It's not that they have doubts, it's that some may want a deeper understanding.  Plus this site is not the same as the door to door, it's different, as I explained.

Have you ever read a scripture a thousand times and then something is brought out you may not have thought of before?  And then it clicks...oh!!  Some people aren't just satisfied with the Basic Bible truths, but they want to learn the deep things of God, and the real JW's on here that I mentioned have wonderful insight into the scriptures. They are amazing!

I'll leave you with this thought: If you were in an airplane and one of the engines started to fail, and you had no parachute, would you say, I'm not going to take the chance that we may crash, I'm jumping out now?  Would you jump out to your death rather then stay? Because an airplane can land safely with one engine and has.  How foolish it would be to bail out now and then realize when it's too late that you should have stayed on board!

We don't want to give place for Satan!

In just talking, I hope I've answered your questions/concerns?

If not feel free to follow up

Sister T

Thanks so much for getting back to my & yes you have answered my questions...I still want to know if this web-site is approved by the governing body ? I also have read many comments on here that I see they are trying to put witnesses in a bad light. I get that. I didn't mispell Mr. Grumbaum name out of disrespect, just mispelled it...why would you say that ? I've seen road scholars mispell...this is one of the things I'm talking about. I go to the meetings, some of the folks here that don't, don't know what we are told from the stage. We are told to be slow to speak & slow to anger & not to reply in a certain why but to add salt. Being bold like Paul is one thing but rudeness..never Paul's way..even when he addressed the Sanhedrein, he gave them the respect then proceeded to boldly proclaim Jehovah's message.  I go out in service, & we have been responded to in not so nice ways & my study partner & the rest of the friends not retaliate in anger. Again, you are not talking to someone who doesn't know what is being told by the Faithful Discreet Slave..many on here have no clue what goes on in the hall...I do...I believe the witnesses have the truth & some things I don't understand but I know Jehovah will make it clear in his own time.  Or as the society does, if it's something that they know they can no longer support, they just don't mention it anymore. I had witnesses tell me that this use to be in the Bible Teach book or that was, so I do get the light gets brighter. I know the message we are's a message to save lives. I don't think you have to be rude to reply, ever hear this saying, you get more with sugar than vinegar. Just think if some of the experts were less rude, you don't know who would come to the hall. Sometimes a kind word can go along way. Doesn't the bible say, Feed your enemy..You mentioned the word Pleasant...aren't we to imitate Jesus, do we ever remember him ever being unpleasant, maybe in the temple with the thieves. He was humble, walked amoung the people, in kindness, he never looked down on anyone, even touched the lepers. So we are no better than he is. We only vessels of Jehovah, we are only to deliver the message. If someone disagress, then so be it, everyone has a right to disagree, don't witnesses disagree with other religions.  Oh, what you said about  Prophet Grunbaum & that you compared to other folks..did you notice that you call yourself Sister, the others Brother & that's what we call each other in the hall, never heard anyone not an elder or circuit overseer call himself a prophet. So, we'll just leave it at that. I know better.  Again, all I'm saying or asking is this web-site approved by the Governing Body because if so, I would like to share this web-siet with others, to support the witnesses not for nothing else. So that's why I asked that. I love what I learn & I love the friends & the door to door...again if this web-site is approved, maybe this is another way to extend ones ministry. We are told to think of different ways to extend our ministry, I notice they have Witnesses displays in the subways, nice..some go to a place where the need is greater, some go to other congregations to learn a new language...etc. At times some areas can be dry..I had phone call one day & a sister introduced herself as a witness & because her territory was mid town NYC, where there were mostly stores, it was hard to minister there so they decided to call on business via telephone & see what develops from that..Yes, you are right witnesses come from different backgrounds but what gets them in trouble is when they say...But we are different, we are imperfect but we are different. Aren't most folks imperfect & if you are different you never have to say a word, it's noticed. I live in NYC, if everybody was as bad as that, we would be stepping on dead bodies all over the place..I ride the subway with folks who are not witnesses & we have not killed each other yet...Most folks are just regular, just trying to exist in this crazy world of satans..paying bills, going to work, taking care of their families, not everyone that isn't in the hall a heathen, like it's them against us. Everybody just trying to make it...Again, I do love going to the hall & hope to get baptized soon, but that is between me & Jehovah. At the end of the day, when one answers, remember ...Be Nice, because we represent Jehovah & Jesus & we don't want to misrepresent that at all..

Hello again Dee,

I was just replying to what you said to try to help you understand.  You mentioned that the apostates and opposers on here are nicer then the Witnesses. To me that's a horrible thing to say as they hate us, and go against Jehovah and his anointed one!!  So from that statement, and from the statement that you have been studying for 4 years and have not yet dedicated your life to Jehovah, and from your statement that you came here because you heard a doctrine that didn't line up with the tells me that something is holding you back.  Whatever it is, like you said, it's between you and Jehovah.

I just replied to what you said with examples so that you can see the reasons why...

When you speak against someone by what you said, then you spelled the name wrong, like many on here like to do to make jokes and poke fun, I asked you a question, why did you spell it wrong? were you being disrespectful? Because Grubman and Grunbaum look nothing alike.  Those questions seemed to really get to you, so it makes me wonder if you did make an honest mistake why get so upset about it, just say it wasn't intended as such.

The Society endorses the website listed as

My suggestion is that you do not give out this website, give out website.  There are too many wolves on here, when a person is new to the truth, the last thing they need to see is the apostates/opposers going after the Witnesses with their twists of truths and lies. Tell them to go the Kingdom Hall and have a Bible study.  

It's really funny how no one complains about the apostates and opposers being on here and being rude, no one complains about them telling out right lies, no one complains about them being where they should not even be, period.  But the minute a Witness stands up for themselves and Jehovah, they are attacked.  How convenient...Satan's tactics are quite lovely!

Retaliating in anger and refuting lies is two different things.  These apostates/opposers are lying on Jehovah and Jesus!  And Jesus didn't stand for it, not even a little bit.  He called them out, and when they were selling in the temple he made a whip of ropes and drove them out.  So yes he did defend his faith and uphold truths.

Once he was asked a question, knowing they were trying to trick him he asked them a question, when they didn't answer, he said he wasn't answering them either. (how rude)  He called them Hypocrites, (that's not nice) liars to their faces, (dare he say that?) said they were from their father the Devil, (now that's some strong words) told them their house was abandoned to them. (not being nice again), why Jesus even called his own apostle one time, Satan! (how dare he), blind guides, serpents, offspring of vipers, (terrible, terrible)

Jesus said this and I agree: "Do not give what is holy to dogs, neither throw YOUR pearls before swine, that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip YOU open."

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)