Jehovah`s Witness/Thank you

QUESTION: Thank you for offering your thoughts on this site.  I am really conflicted right now.  I am starting to see the truth about the truth and have many questions.  Anyway, thanks for listening.

ANSWER: Not a problem.  I enjoy sharing Christ with others.  It has been a passion of mine ever since establishing my relationship with him.  You can have that relationship too.  Do not let a small group of people tell you that the New Testament doesn't apply to you.  Jesus came into the world to save it, not condemn it (John 3:17).  As the previous verse says, whoever believes in him will not perish.  Do you believe in Christ?

QUESTION: I believe in his ransom sacrifice.  Is that the same thing?  How did you establish a relationship with Jesus?

The words "ransom sacrifice" have a doctrinal connotation that make it differ from the traditional idea of "salvation".  

Establishing a relationship with Christ is very easy.  First realize that you are separated from God by your sinful nature and that God desires you to be pure and holy so that you can be with Him eternally.  God sent His Son Jesus to die as an atonement for all the sins of the world.  All you have to do is believe this.  Acknowledge to God that you are a sinner, and pray for forgiveness for your sins.  Ask Christ to lead you and guide you continually.

This relationship with Christ will transform you from the inside out.  The good things you do will come out of love for the One who died for you, not out of concern whether or not you will be found acceptable to Jehovah.  If you believe in Christ and follow Him, you WILL be acceptable to Jehovah!

It is clear by this last message that you are currently a JW.  There is no condemnation in that.  Unfortunately, you have not been allowed to openly question anything.  I would encourage you to continue your search through prayer and reading of Scripture.  I pray for you that the Holy Spirit will guide you in your understanding of truth.

Jehovah`s Witness

I am not a Jehovah's Witness, however I can answer many questions concerning the ideas and doctrines on which they disagree with mainstream Christianity. I have spent a great deal of time in ministry with current and ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as those who have started to become disillusioned with the Watchtower Organization.

Jehovah's Witnesses are generally wonderful and moral people who are zealous for God. However, in their zeal, they have pledged allegiance to what they believe is God's spirit-directed organization. This allegiance blinds them from allowing God's word alone to work in them. My hope is to share the love of Jesus Christ with all who seek salvation, no matter their label or denomination. My experiences come from the relationship that I have with Him as the source of my daily strength. These experiences create an undeniable testimony of salvation by grace through faith in the cleansing blood of the Lamb of God. Through prayer and meditation on God's holy word alone, we find truth as revealed to us through the Holy Spirit.

As the word "organization" is misleading in this particular area, I want to be clear that, as a member of the body of Christ, the label or denomination of the church I attend is not the source of my salvation. I do not go to or through any organization for official knowledge or guidance. I go to God's word alone.

I have a Bachelor and Master's Degree with extensive educational experience.