Jehovah`s Witness/Trinity

QUESTION: If the Trinity Doctrine is a Bible teaching...

1. Then why do NUMEROUS encyclopedias agree that
"... the doctrine of the Trinity was of gradual and comparatively late formation; that it had its origin in a source entirely foreign from that of the Jewish and Christian scriptures; that it grew up, and was ingrafted on Christianity"?– p. 34, The Church of the First Three Centuries, Alvan Lamson, D.D.

2. Then why do many encyclopedias, dictionaries and other sources (including Sir Isaac Newton) agree that the "Trinity was a pagan corruption imposed on Christianity in the fourth century by Athanasius"?

3. Then why does the Bible consistently identify God by singular person pronouns: "I, "Me," "He, and "Him" instead of "We", "Us", "They" or "Them"?

4. Then why does 2 Cor. 13:14 say that the Lord Jesus Christ is one individual, the holy spirit is another individual (whether a person or a thing), and that "GOD" IS ANOTHER DIFFERENT INDIVIDUAL?

5. Then why is there not even one scripture which clearly defines the Trinity?

6. Then why is there not even one scripture of a vision, dream, or CLEAR description wherein God is shown as three persons?

7. Then why is there not even one scripture where God is described using the word "three:\"

1. Then why is "God head of Christ just as Christ is head of man"?(1 Cor. 11:3)

2. Then why does Scripture consistently phrase Jesus as a separate person from God?(John 20:17; John 14:1; Mark 10:18; John 17:1-3; etc. Also in heaven, 1 Cor. 11:3; Luke 22:69; etc.)

3. Then how can Jesus have a God? Could Almighty God have a God?(Mic. 5:4; Ps. 45:6, 7; 89:26; John 20:17; Rom. 15:6; 2 Cor. 1:3; Eph 1:3; Col 1:3; Mark 15:34; John 17:1-3; Also in heaven, Rev. 1:6; 3:2, 12)

4. Then why does Scripture say he was born and is part of Creation?(Col. 1:15)

5. Then why does Rev. 3:14 say that Jesus is "the beginning of the creation of God"?

6. Then why is he subject to GOD, like we're subject to him?(1 Cor. 15:27, 28; Eph. 1:17)

7. Then why does Micah 5:2 say that Jesus' ORIGIN was “from early times”?

8. Then why does Jesus not know what God knows?(Matt. 24:36, Rev.1:1; Luke 8:45)

9. Then why is Jesus still subject to God when he is as high as he will ever be?(1 Cor. 15:27, 28)

10. Then why does Proverbs 8:22-31 show that the Messiah was CREATED / PRODUCED by God?

11. Then why is he not powerful enough to subject things to himself?(1 Cor. 15:27, Eph. 1:17, 22)

12. Then why would he have to be given any power and authority?(Mt. 28:18; 11:27; Jn. 5:22; 17:2; 3:35; 2 Pet. 1:17)

13. Then why did he have to learn anything?(Heb. 5:8; John 5:19; 8:28)

14. Then why is speaking against him not as bad as speaking against the Holy Spirit?(Mt. 12:31,32; Luke 12:10)

15. Then why did Jesus call the "Father...the only true God"?(John 17:3)

16. Then why did he need to be saved?(Heb. 5:7; John 12:27)

17. Then why did he have to be exalted to Leader and Savior?(Acts 5:31)

18. Then how could he be exalted and given a higher name than he had?(Phil. 2:9-11; Heb. 1:2-4)

19. Then why did he have to be given life in himself?(John 5:25,26)

20. Then how can the Father be greater than him?(John 14:28)

21. Then how could Jesus be tempted by Satan when God cannot be tempted with evil?

22. Then why did he worship the Father?(John 4:22)

23. Then why can he not do anything on his own?(John 5:19; 6:38)

24. Then why would he pray to anybody?(Luke 22:44; John 17:1,2; Heb. 5:7)

25. Then why does John 1:18 say that Jesus is God's "only BEGOTTEN Son"? ASV

26. Then how can he be God's servant?(Acts 4:26,27,30)

27. Then how could he receive strength from an angel?(Luke 22:43)

28. Then how could he be a mediator between God and man?(1 Tim. 2:5)

29. Then how could he be with God (ho theos)?(John 1:1)

30. Then how can he be God's image?(Col. 1:15; Heb. 1:3)

31. Then why is he called the agency (dia) of creation and not the Originator (ek)?(1 Cor. 8:6; John 1:1-3; Prov. 8:30; Heb. 2:10; Col. 1:15,16)

32. Then why did Jesus say GOD was "good" in a way that Jesus was not?(Mark 10:18)

33. Then why does he have an archangel's voice instead of God's voice?(1 Thess. 4:16)

34. Then why is the only "worship" given to him the same given to humans?(Heb. 1:6, cf. Mt. 18:26; Rev. 3:9 - "Proskuneo")

35. Then why do many who believe this rely on a few selected, so-called 'proof-texts' instead of the context of the consistent teaching of the entire Bible?

36. Then how could he get commanded to do anything?(John 12:49; Deut. 18:18)

37. Then why did Steven see two separate entities, GOD and Jesus, and not just one God or three persons?(Acts 7:55)

38. Then how could he be seen at GOD's right hand?(Luke 22:69; Acts 7:55; Rom. 8:34)

39. Then how could Jesus be exalted (not to become God Himself, but) to the position of the "right hand OF God"?(Acts 2:33)

40. Then why would he have to receive a revelation from God?(Rev.1:1)

41. Then why is he called God's "begotten" Son before he came to earth?(John 3:16; Gal. 4:4; 1 John 4:9)
42. Then how could he have a Father?(John 20:17)

43. Then how could he come in flesh?(1 Kings 8:27; Acts 17:24,25)

44. Then why did he not come in his own name?(John 5:41-44)

45. Then why did Jesus "come down from heaven to do" God's will and not his own will?(Luke 22:42; John 6:38; John 5:30; John 8:42)

46. Then how could he appear before GOD?(Heb. 9:24)

47. Then how could he die? Can God die? Can part of God die?(Rom. 5:10; Acts 5:30; 1 Cor. 15:3; Hab.1:12; cf. 1 Tim. 6:16; Num. 23:19; Ps. 90:2; Dan. 6:25-26)

48. Then why is it that God resurrected Jesus?(Acts 2:32)

49. Then why can we see him if "no man has seen God at any time"?(John 1:18)

50. Then why is there not one clear scripture where Jesus is called "God the Son," (equal to those declaring "God, the Father)?

1. Then why do quotes from Trinitarians admit that the Holy Spirit is not God but rather is a force from God?

2. Then why would Jews instructed in the Old Testament scriptures and in the teachings of John the Baptist, NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS?(Acts 19:2)

3. Then why isn't the Holy Spirit given equal description in the Bible?

4. Then why didn't Jesus ever teach that the Holy Spirit was God along with the Father and Son?

5. Then why does the Bible describe the Holy Spirit as an "it"?(Is. 34:16 ASV, KJV; Numbers 11:17, 25 ASV, KJV, RSV, NRSV, AT, LB, NEB, REB, NAB, JB, NJB; and Romans 8:16, 26 in the KJV.)

6. Then why does the Bible describe the Holy Spirit as a thing that can be poured out into portions?(Acts 2:17, 18, 33; Numbers 11:17, 25)

7. Then why is the holy spirit nameless and indistinguishable from all of the other holy spirits?

8. Then why did the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD disregard the Holy Spirit as a member of the Godhead when they made Jesus 'God' in 325 AD? Why did they wait until the Council of Constantinople in 381 AD to include the Holy Spirit in the formula?

9. Then wouldn't the water and blood be persons too according to Trinitarian reasoning and 1 John 5:8?

10. Then why is it sandwiched between a list of QUALITIES at 2 Cor. 6:6?

11. Then why does the NT Greek Lexicon describes the Holy Spirit as "this" at Acts 2:33?

12. Then why is it that nowhere in the Bible is the Holy Spirit ever said to be an equal member of a trinity?

13. Then why is it that nowhere is it mentioned in the Bible the words, "God, the Holy Spirit," or "The Holy Spirit is God"?

14. Then why is it that there is never mentioned a vision, dream or clear description in scripture wherein God and the Holy Spirit are shown as the same person?

ANSWER: Well Bill, I see you are back with your attempts to help your brethren out of the dilemma they have once again created for themselves, with their unbiblical views and Scripture twisting, by attempting to change the subject to something else.  That bodily resurrection thing just isn't going well for you guys.

Well, a few months back when you couldn't refrain from your immature and childish name-calling, I believe I gave you some terms you would have to agree to, before I would continue conversing with you.  You seem to think I am a forgetful chap, but I assure you I am not.

I said you were going to have to agree to drop the name-calling, and act like a Christian.  I did not say...Wait a few months and write again.

And even if you DID agree to the terms, asking 71 questions in one writing is a little much, don't you think?  

QUESTION: Actually Derrick, I am studying with a gentleman who has sincere doubts about the trinity doctrine, and Christendom in particular. So you see, 1 Timothy 1:4 is still Jehovahs desire.

71 questions? Thanks. I didn't add them up. My study had many of these questions in his mind, and it troubled him.

Sorry if I overwhelmed you.  Just select 5 from each catagory. Scriptual answers please.

That makes no sense to me, Bill.  Here you are, a JW, studying with a guy who says he is having doubts about the Trinity doctrine, so you ask ME, a Trinitarian, to help give you answers for him?  The questions are easy enough to answer, some of them are redundant, and there are none that I saw that I haven't answered before.  But Bill, I do not believe for one minute that, even if I did give solid answers to every one of these questions, that you are going to go back to your study and say...

"Hey _____(insert name), there is this great guy on Allexperts that has answered all of your doubts about the Trinity, and I wanted to show you his answers so you will put your doubts to rest."

What gives here, Bill?

Besides, you send me 71 questions to answer.  Now you have cut it to 5 per category, which still amounts to 15 questions.  And you are the same guy who complains about my lengthy replies....

Bill, I will be happy to help your study with his questions.  Just give him my name, the web site, and have him to write me.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.