Jehovah`s Witness/Watchtower Court Case

Are you familiar with the Candace Conti case going through the court system now?  What are your thoughts on abuse within the organization?

I am only moderately familiar with the case.  I know that court transcripts and other details can be found online, but I haven't taken the time to read everything.  Basically, my understanding is that a $28 million verdict was awarded to Ms. Conti, most of which is against the WTBTS.  The verdict stems from the court's understanding of policies set forth by the Governing Body concerning the reporting of child abuse cases.  I do not care to comment further on this specific case as I am sure that any internet search will provide all the information you will need to form your own opinion.

As far as my thoughts on abuse within the organization...unfortunately this type of abuse exists within every organization.  I am confident that at least 99.99% of JW's are sickened at the thought of any child suffering at the hands of any adult.  I am sure that they are equally offended that someone within their own organization would do such a thing.  That said, it is vital that all policies that are created by every organization concerning this matter be done in a manner that would glorify God and bring safety and security to His children.  If the Watchtower's policies do not currently do that, then they need to be revised immediately.  If they do, then we will not hear of any more cases like this.  

Jehovah`s Witness

I am not a Jehovah's Witness, however I can answer many questions concerning the ideas and doctrines on which they disagree with mainstream Christianity. I have spent a great deal of time in ministry with current and ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as those who have started to become disillusioned with the Watchtower Organization.

Jehovah's Witnesses are generally wonderful and moral people who are zealous for God. However, in their zeal, they have pledged allegiance to what they believe is God's spirit-directed organization. This allegiance blinds them from allowing God's word alone to work in them. My hope is to share the love of Jesus Christ with all who seek salvation, no matter their label or denomination. My experiences come from the relationship that I have with Him as the source of my daily strength. These experiences create an undeniable testimony of salvation by grace through faith in the cleansing blood of the Lamb of God. Through prayer and meditation on God's holy word alone, we find truth as revealed to us through the Holy Spirit.

As the word "organization" is misleading in this particular area, I want to be clear that, as a member of the body of Christ, the label or denomination of the church I attend is not the source of my salvation. I do not go to or through any organization for official knowledge or guidance. I go to God's word alone.

I have a Bachelor and Master's Degree with extensive educational experience.