Jehovah`s Witness/Were the wounds real or fake on Jesus

If Jesus had a new body then that means he just placed false wound to trick Thomas didn't he,because the body you people say is materlized and NOT the real body that was beaten.

I was not there so I cant say if they looked like real wounds or not,I would think they were real since he invited Thomas to feel them which by the way he never did.

Remember Thomas was not there when Jesus first came,so they had to tell him what they saw:

But Thomas, one of the twelve, who was called The Twin, was not with them when Jesus came. 25 Consequently the other disciples would say to him: “We have seen the Lord!

Now they saw Jesus feet and side so they told Thomas,yes he could have been seen with no distinguishing marks but the first thing Thomas would have said was did he have the wounds.

We know that because thats the first thing he said after they said they seen the wounds:

(John 20:25) . . .“Unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nails and stick my hand into his side, I will certainly not believe.”

So by Jesus being a prophet he heard Thomas make that statement,so if he came with not a scratch on his body what sense would that make,not that Thomas would have said he dont belive because of no wounds,he knew it was Jesus wounds or no wounds

(John 20:26-27) . . .Well, eight days later his disciples were again indoors, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and he stood in their midst and said: “May YOU have peace.” 27 Next he said to Thomas: “Put your finger here, and see my hands, and take your hand and stick it into my side. . .

We dont read where Thomas even touched Jesus so the wounds in themselves didn't;t make him be recognized,and when you read other accounts of him being seen we dont read of wounds,if he still had the same wounds walking around then we would have read comments on it,this was just for Thomas benefit.

(John 21:4) . . .Jesus stood on the beach, but the disciples did not, of course, discern that it was Jesus.

If he still had wounds and bleeding from them they would know it was him,here we see he didn't look the same as when Thomas seen him/

He talked to thse and they didn't know it was him,some preachers say he was a long way off why they didn;t know,but that is dumb,the account shows he was talking to them not shouting at the top of his lungs.

(John 21:5-7) . . .Then Jesus said to them: “Young children, YOU do not have anything to eat, do YOU?” They answered “No!” to him. 6 He said to them: “Cast the net on the right side of the boat and YOU will find [some].” Then they cast it, but they were no longer able to draw it in because of the multitude of the fishes. 7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus used to love said to Peter: “It is the Lord!”

Even when they seen him they still were not sure:

(John 21:12) . . .Not one of the disciples had the courage to inquire of him: “Who are you?” because they knew it was the Lord.

(Luke 24:15-21) . . .Now as they were conversing and discussing, Jesus himself approached and began walking with them; 16 but their eyes were kept from recognizing him. 17 He said to them: “What are these matters that YOU are debating between yourselves as YOU walk along?” And they stood still with sad faces. 18 In answer the one named Cle´o·pas said to him: “Are you dwelling as an alien by yourself in Jerusalem and so do not know the things that have occurred in her in these days?” 19 And he said to them: “What things?” They said to him: “The things concerning Jesus the Naz·a·rene´, who became a prophet powerful in work and word before God and all the people; 20 and how our chief priests and rulers handed him over to the sentence of death and impaled him. 21 But we were hoping that this [man] was the one destined to deliver Israel;. . .

(Luke 24:30-31) . . .And as he was reclining with them at the meal he took the loaf, blessed it, broke it and began to hand it to them. 31 At that their eyes were fully opened and they recognized him. . .

He walked and talked with others and they didn't know it was him.

Prophet Grünbaum  

Jehovah`s Witness

Benyamin Grünbaum