Jehovah`s Witness/Active Witnesses come to the site ?

Hi Again Mr. Jones,
This is Dee again... I was wondering if any active witnesses come to this site to talk? Because they are afraid to ask questions at the hall, for fear that they will be called an Apostate. I can see calling someone an apostate if they say....They don't believe in God or The Bible doesn't apply. But because a light goes off in ones head when they hear something from the stage & it doesn't AGREE with the Bible. If they are using the Bible as their guide, what is the problem ?
Some folks say TomOToe, some say...TomAtoe...but they at least called it what is was, it's a matter of pronouciation...So as the bible is about interpretation. Last night at the meeting the CO said that scriptures change their meaning as you mature. A nice example is, when a 13 yr. old reads the bible at 13 about Man should cleave to his wife, when he grows & get's married dosen't that same scripture mean something else when he marries...When he was 13 it was a nice thought but didn't apply to him at the that shows me...the bible means different things to different people. I know a study that is learning that she was unforgiving & now that she is reading the bible she has learned that if she wants to be forgiven she has to forgive & also she kept a mean face on so she could avoid people & found out from the Bible that's not nice.  The Bible is a mirror, it shows you who YOU are, while we look at others we forget to look at ourselves..Well that's all for now. Hope to hear from you.

Greetings Dee,

Yes, active Witnesses do come to this site. Most of the questions that I receive are private, and many are questions about things that I am sure the person is not comfortable asking at the Hall or bringing up among their friends. Unlike some here, I would never change a person's private question to public without asking them first.

The CO that you mention made a good point about the scriptures changing their meaning as you mature. I have certainly found that to be the case. As a person matures and gains more life experiences, the scriptures take on a new meaning for the person's stage of life. I guess that is a good reason to read the Bible more than once! It was the writer James who observed that we look in a mirror and then quickly forget how we look...too busy looking at others maybe?

Robert Jones

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert Jones

1. How the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is stuctured, how it operates, and how it exercises control over its members. 2. What Jehovah's Witnesses believe, why, and who determines doctrine.

It is a waste of time to argue with Jehovah's Witnesses or to present lists of scriptural proofs to show where they are in error. Jehovah's Witnesses listen only the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" and immediately accept changes that come through the pages of The Watchtower magazine.

I survived 1975. For 32 years, from 1968 to 2000, I embraced and promoted everything coming through Jehovah's sole channel of communication, the "Faithful and Discreet Slave." I accepted doctrinal changes as "new light", meat in due season, from the Slave Class.

Was an elder the last 13 years, WT Study Conductor, Congregation Secretary, Book Study Conductor, and occasional Pioneer. Never "irregular" or "inactive" as the labels go. I have not been reproved or disfellowshipped. I no longer attend meetings or practice the religion. I have not started smoking, drinking, gambling, using drugs, or had any sort of emotional breakdown. How silly.

I am not a servant of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", the WTBTS, or any other man-made organization. I hope to explain, not defend, the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. I believe in universal truths such as kindness, humility, charity, and love. I do not believe that God selected a special group, the Jews or CT Russell followers for example, to receive a special message or blessing. I do not believe that one religion has it all right and therfore other religions are wrong. I believe it is a delusion for one group of humans to claim that "God chose us and therefore God did not choose you." I consider spirituality to be a personal endeavor that each person must discover for themselves.

Degree in Computer Programming. Not applicable here.