Jehovah`s Witness/angels dragged by dragon

good day

can you please explain to me Rev 12:3 and 4 (here is a quote from Revelations book)

9 The dragon has authority also in the spirit
realm. With his tail, he “drags a third of the
stars of heaven.” Stars can represent angels.
(Job 38:7) Mention of “a third” would emphasize
that a considerable number of angels
have been misled by Satan. Once these came
under his control, there was no escape for
them. They could not return to God’s holy
organization. They became demons, dragged
along, as it were, by Satan their king, or ruler.
(Matthew 12:24) Satan also cast them
down to the earth. This no doubt refers to
Noah’s day before the Flood, when Satan induced
the disobedient sons of God to go
down to earth and cohabit with the daughters
of men. As a punishment, these “angels
that sinned” have been thrown by God
into the prisonlike condition called Tartarus.
—Genesis 6:4; 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6.

Why is it that this event is referring to the days of Noah when we read in Rev 1:1 that these are the things that were to soon take place?

Thank you

The word dragon occurs 13 times in the Bible but only in the highly symbolic book of Revelation, and it represents Satan the Devil. He is the “great fiery-colored dragon, with seven heads and ten horns,” having a tail that draws “a third of the stars of heaven” after him, these first being induced to materialize as humans before the Flood and then becoming demons. (Re 12:3, 4; Jude 6) Together with these demons, Satan the Dragon is cast out of heaven down to the vicinity of the earth. “So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan.” (Re 12:7-9) In this debased state he persecutes the remnant of God’s “woman,” those having “the work of bearing witness.”—Re 12:13-17.

So the only reference to Noah's day is in explaining why the dragon drags a 3rd of the stars with his tail. Please feel free to visit the website for more information. I will also be more than happy to answer anymore questions for you.

I hope this helps.

Warm Regards,

Pam B

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister Pam B

Questions about Jehovah's Witnesses and our beliefs.

Learning Bible teachings since 1975. I was baptized in 1994.

Jehovah's Witness

I have a BFA in graphic design and I'm in school for my MFA in animation right now.