Jehovah`s Witness/Christmas(again)

Question
QUESTION: hai DW,

I just read these statements from DERRICK and I don't know if he's right but it looks like that the shepherds were celebrating christ's birth even the angels and to add, even the magi!! anyway here's derrick statements:

"Now, is it Scripturally permissible to honor the birth of Jesus Christ?  Yes, it is.  We see that on the night of His birth, the angels worshipped and proclaimed with great joy....

Luke 2:10-14...."And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.  

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.  

And this [shall be] a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.  

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,  

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

They were honoring the One Who was BORN the "Christ", and not some created angel who became "Christ" some 30 years later.  The One they were honoring was Christ at His birth.

Also, we see that the shepherds rejoiced in the fact of Christ's birth, despite the fact that there was "no commandment to do so".

Luke 2:20-  "And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them."

In regards to the birth of John the Baptist, who was the forerunner of Jesus Christ, we read....

Luke 1:14-  "And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth."

If it is proper to rejoice at the birth of the forerunner of Jesus Christ, then it would certainly be proper to rejoice at the birth of the One Who came to save us.

So, my stance is a Scriptural one....Each person decides in his own conscience before God, if they choose to honor the birth of Jesus Christ at this time of year, or if they choose not to.  Either way, there is no commandment, nor any right to judge another person for their decision in this matter.  My family's celebration of the birth of Christ, has nothing to do with the Roman Catholic Church, who by the way, seems to try and take credit for MANY things that they had nothing to do with, or the Baptist Church eiter.  There are Baptists who don't, and Baptists who do.  Neither group has any greater standing with God than the other."

>What can you say about it?

Moreover,

Romans 14:4-7, says that it is up to a person's OWN conscience before God, if they choose to regard a certain day to the Lord, or not as derrick says...(was he right?)

Just want to know the real thing here

Thanks DW

ANSWER: Hello again

Thanks for writing.

Talk about ripping scriptures out of there context!!!

Everyone's happy when a baby is born. We send cards of congratulations and baby clothes and toys. Nothing wrong with that it's a happy time.

So Derrick is trying to use this as a compromise for his celebration of a pagan festival.It's an entirely different thing!! There's no suggestion that the Angels celebrated in heaven every year on Jesus birthday. They where joyful on the night he was born and why not?? Jehovah's purpose had come about, it was a cause for great joy.

So you can't compare the two things whatsoever it's a very poor argument, but it's Christendom so who's surprised really!!

<<<<<<<<<<<Moreover,

Romans 14:4-7, says that it is up to a person's OWN conscience before God, if they choose to regard a certain day to the Lord, or not as derrick says...(was he right?)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Derrick want's to use a scripture about the sabbath a time set aside by JEHOVAH to compare with a celebration created by SATAN.

So by Derricks logic we can all celebrate the solstice(a satanists holiday) as long as we say it's about Jesus to us . We can incorporate all the rituals all the traditions but say well i'm thinking about Jesus when I do this and it's up to my own conscience.

Romans is about the Sabbath some Jews thought they should still have a sabbath.

Paul was saying "It's not really necessary to have a Sabbath if you want to devote one day a week solely to Jehovah that's up to you if one man want's to view all days as equal that's up to him, so leave it up to yourselves as individuals"

Romans was written for the reason that the Jews where still trying to incorporate their traditions in the christian congregation. It wasn't written because the Baal worshippers where trying to incorporate their traditions into the christian congregation.

So Paul certainly wasn't saying to the baal worshippers in the congregation if you want to worship your false gods then no man can judge you about that and he certainly wasn't talking about putting something that represents a sun god in your house putting pretty decorations on it and saying it reminds me of Jesus.

Follow up if you need

Take Care

QUESTION: Thanks DW

Ahmm.. this will be my last follow up on this issue i guess, because it now make sense to me! You just answered it correctly(but for the last sweeping proof for that: "it is up to a person's OWN conscience before God" issue) Can you please show me just one scriptures that God warned his TRUE FOLLOWERS not to adopt anything such as(rituals, celebrations and etc. from the heathens or from the unbelievers?) I would look forward to that

Thank You(in advance)
Dave

ANSWER: Hi again Dave

Thanks for writing

You know looking for one scripture doesn't always work . We have to get into the mind of God and his thoughts.

Right from the beginning God told his people to stay away from the pagan nations. In fact they even had to show the rest of the nations they where different by wearing a blue thread on their garments.

Numbers 15:

38 "Speak to the sons of Israel, and you must say to them that they must make for themselves fringed edges upon the skirts of their garments throughout their generations, and they must put a blue string above the fringed edge of the skirt, 39 ‘And it must serve as a fringed edge for YOU, and YOU must see it and remember all the commandments of Jehovah and do them, and YOU must not go about following YOUR hearts and YOUR eyes, which YOU are following in immoral intercourse"

With regard the worship of these nations Jehovah told them to not even touch it

Isaiah 52:

11 "Turn away, turn away, get out of there, touch nothing unclean"

This is because Jehovah is Holy (which means clean)

1 Peter 1:

16 "because it is written: “YOU must be holy, because I am holy"

So because Jehovah is holy we have to be holy or because Jehovah is clean we have to be clean. So we can't taint our worship of god with anything unclean.

Jesus also made that clear here.

John 2:

14 "And he found in the temple those selling cattle and sheep and doves and the money brokers in their seats. 15 So, after making a whip of ropes, he drove all those with the sheep and cattle out of the temple, and he poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. 16 And he said to those selling the doves: “Take these things away from here! Stop making the house of my Father a house of merchandise"

These people where tainting Jehovah's worship by their unclean practices. Jesus cleaned his Fathers temple of that.

Today their isn't a literal temple to represent our worship to Jehovah. God's temple is what's spiritual nowadays and spiritual things must also be clean.

So no true christian celebrate's pagan unclean festivals like Christmas

Follow up if you need

Take Care

QUESTION: Thanks DW,

But what if I'll just celebrate it but I do not consider it the way YOU sees it? I mean, it's up to my OWN conscience(again)? And then I will just say sincerely from the bottom of my heart: "I'm just honoring you're birth Lord, and from now on, I'll make this celebration an official one as a sign for my deep LOVE and RESPECT for your kindness to us. This is your celebration now and this is not for anyone period"???????????

Answer
Hello again

Thanks for writing.

What you have to remember is that God was around when it was started he saw the roots of the day and the date he saw exactly when it all began that doesn't change for him. To him it's a pagan festival it's part of false worship and it still is pagan today. Even the day is a pagan day.All to do with the winter solstice. I mean there's Christmas trees and yule logs and sun worship and sun gods all tied up in it.

It would be like making an idol and then saying "this is Jehovah" like the Israelites did when they made the golden calf.

Exodus 32:

4 Then he took [the gold] from their hands, and he formed it with a graving tool and proceeded to make it into a molten statue of a calf. And they began to say: “This is your God, O Israel, who led you up out of the land of Egypt.”
5 When Aaron got to see this, he went to building an altar before it. Finally Aaron called out and said: “There is a festival to Jehovah tomorrow"

They said the golden calf was OK because they viewed it as Jehovah. But to Jehovah it wasn't OK.

It's the same thing using this pagan day and saying it's for Jehovah or even Jesus means the same thing to Jehovah.

Our worship should be a daily thing untainted and unblemished. Not one special day steeped in pagan tradition

1 Tim 4:

15 "Ponder over these things; be absorbed in them, that your advancement may be manifest to all [persons]"

2 Peter 3:

14 "Hence, beloved ones, since YOU are awaiting these things, do YOUR utmost to be found finally by him spotless and unblemished and in peace"

Follow up if you need

Take care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW