Jehovah`s Witness/Who corrects the slave?

Question
QUESTION: Sister T can you tell us who corrects the WTS slave every time they change their teachings! Is it God or the Editorial staff?

ANSWER: Hello Johan,

I see you're from South Africa I don't know how good your English is, but just to let you know, there's no such thing as the WTS slave it's the faithful and discreet slave. Here they are in scripture:  Matt 24:45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?"

Simply put THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE (Matt 24:45) are corrected by God through the pages of the Bible. Study along with Holy spirit brings about scriptural correction.

Since the Bible is inspired of God, all corrections come from that which he has given to teach reprove and set matters straight (2 Tim 3:16,17).

That's why we can see why Jesus said things would not be available all at once, (John 16:12)but progressively, so from studying the inspired word of God, The Governing Body concludes from the Bible if something that they may have at one time felt was correct, but after doing much Bible research and from the help of Jehovah's Holy spirit through prayer they may come to have a much clearer understanding, once that clearer understanding is researched further in the Bible and agreed upon, like the men during Paul's time with the circumcision issue, (Acts 15:1-29), they would not hold back from sharing that information because it's not about them being right it's about God being right!

We must be prepared to set aside preconceived opinions. The religious leaders of Jesus’ day were unwilling to do this. (Matt 13:15) On the other hand, Jesus’ mother, Mary, drew conclusions “in her heart” based on truths that she had heard. (Luke 2:19, 51) She became a faithful disciple of Jesus. Lydia of Thyatira listened to Paul, “and Jehovah opened her heart wide to pay attention.” She too became a believer. (Acts 16:14, 15) May we never rigidly hold to personal ideas or cherished doctrinal views. Rather, let us be willing to “let God be found true, though every man be found a liar.” Romans 3:4.

Sister T

jw.org

https://www.jw.org/en/free-bible-study/

QUESTION: Thanks Sister T for answering ! So you are saying God corrects the FDS !

Ok lets go with what you said :God uses and corrects the FDS over time!!

You see Sister T JW have never taught this line of reasoning out well enough , because if what you say is true, then what you are saying is God is correcting his OWN ERRORS over time!  

WHY DO I SAY THAT?

Let me give you an example:

Re The question whether the men of Sodom and Gomorrah will be resurrected the WTS has since their existence said  

YES - 1879

NO  - 1952

YES - 1985

No -  1988

Yes- 1982 ed You can live forever p. 179

No - 1989 ed You can live forever p. 179

So what you are saying is God corrected them in 1952 that it is NO then in 1985 God corrected the FDS again that it is YES then in 1988 God corrected them again that it is YES

It also seems that God cannot make up his mind since as you say He corrects the FDS OVER TIME but seems to go back and forth over the issue ?

So Sister T how do you deal with this problem ?

ANSWER: First off you are not going to twist what I said, I specifically said God by means of the Bible!!  So are you saying that God isn't the author of the Bible?  Are you saying that the Bible isn't INSPIRED of God?  

Don't try to leave that part out to make your argument seem real.

Are you saying that it's impossible for imperfect people to get an incorrect understanding?  Because if imperfect people did not make mistakes, they would be perfect now wouldn't they!  Have they not said since day one that they were not INSPIRED.  Don't come to me with that twisted and turned crap because I'm not the one for it OK.

The apostles misunderstood things and Jesus was right there in their midst!  Get a clue or buy one.

Did you not read what I said, here it is again:

THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE (Matt 24:45) are corrected by God through the pages of the Bible. Study along with Holy spirit brings about scriptural correction.

The Bible is inspired of God, all corrections come from that which he has given to teach reprove and set matters straight (2 Tim 3:16, 17)

So from this scripture we can clearly see that the Bible is used to set matters straight, to teach.  That's what they do, they use the Bible to set matters straight.

Do not follow up with nonsense and don't ever twist my words around again to fit your misguided mind!

Sister T

jw.org

https://www.jw.org/en/free-bible-study/

QUESTION: Again Sister T thanks for taking the time to answer!

I do not see how you are trying to make it sound different !

..are corrected by God through the Bible .Study along with the HS brings correction !

Ok lets break down what you are saying!

GOD CORRECTS THEM ...

THROUGH HIS WORD ...

HOLY SPIRIT BRINGS THE CORRECT SCRIPTURAL UNDERSTANDING !    

Matt 10:15

Truly I say to you it will be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city!

Now you said

GOD CORRECTS THEM ...

THROUGH HIS WORD...

WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT BRINGING OUT SCRIPTURAL CORRECTION

So whether the men will be resurrected they said

YES -1879

NO - 1952

YES- 1985

NO-  1988

YES - 1982 ed You can live forever

NO - 1989 ed  You can live forever

Now lets apply your three points and answer ?

Did God re the men of Sodom and Gomorrah

CORRECT THEM

TROUGH HIS WORD

WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT BRINGING OUT SCRIPTURAL CORRECTION as you say ?

When they said yes 1879 - no 1952 - yes 1985  - no 1988 - yes 1982 - no 1989?

You see Sister I do not have a problem I have a problem with people claiming to be Gods only channel of communication to mankind through which he channels all the truth!

Did you know that one cannot claim to be a channel of communication for God unless one is inspired! All the prophets and apostles were God,s channel of communication !They were all inspired , yet they were imperfect to! Yet the WT say we are not inspired, by that claim they have nullified themselves for being his channel, but they want it both ways ! They want to claim they are not inspired ,yet they want to be recognized as God only channel to mankind on the earth .

Furthermore why do JW always resort the mantra we have never claimed to be infallible or inspired when one question their claims to be God,s only channel of communication or prophet!

Where did God set a STANDARD in His word that if someone claims to be his only channel/prophet/spokesperson he must claim inspiration ?

Keep well and I hope you have a nice day ?

Answer
Hello again Johan,

If you do not want to believe the truth as shown by the FDS through the pages of the Bible, (1 Thes 2:13)then don't!  NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE is forcing you to believe anything what so ever!  Don't believe it, and go your merry way and be happy with the little time you have left!

As I said, you want to twist what I said, and you keep trying to make it be what you want it to be, even though it's not that way.  If you can't understand what I've said then it's because it's being withheld from you, or if you refuse to, well I can only plant and water. If God doesn't draw you by making it grow in your heart, then it's a wrap. (1 Cor. 3:6; John 6:44)

I do not know you, but you seem to be very bitter regarding the FDS, now if you may have been a JW and you left because something you may have been hoping for did not happen, then you have no one to blame but yourself and lack of faith.  If you worshipped men and put their speculations above everything else, blame yourself! (1 Cor. 1:12-15)

As I said even the apostles didn't fully understand things and Jesus was right there with them.  (Acts 1:6)

See when you say ah ha these men said this and it didn't happen!!  You really aren't doing anything because our leader is Jesus.  (Matt 23:10) You can point out a million fallacies that imperfect men make, but the truth lies within the pages of the Bible.

John 17:17  "Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth."

John 17:3 "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."

The basic truths from the Bible have NEVER changed.  The fact that Jesus is NOT Almighty God! The soul does die, being tormented in a fiery hell is not real!  

If they had to readjust some thinking in order to line up with Bible truths then they are following scripture!!

2 Cor 13:11 "Finally, brothers, continue to rejoice, to be readjusted, to be comforted, to think in agreement, to live peaceably; and the God of love and of peace will be with YOU."

The fact that the Bible says no one knows the day or hour, (Matt 24:36) means if you see speculation given, you have to use your brain and say, well since no one knows, and since they never claimed to know, then this must be a speculation!

And Jehovah and Jesus have always used imperfect men to take the lead, he uses the ones who may not have PHD's, because it's by Jehovah's power that these things are being accomplished! (1 Cor. 1:26-31)

Dwelling on faults of imperfect men is not going to lead you to salvation, I'm sorry!  It's going to make you a bitter person going on forums bashing and complaining.

I'll leave you with this example I gave to someone else:

Let's say you are a bomb expert and you know that there is a red wire and blue wire, and you have to cut the right wire or it will explode.  If you know that the blue wire needs to be cut and someone comes along and says cut the red wire because the man that taught you in school about defusing bombs had made a mistake 50 years ago.  Will you thus abandon all that you have learned because of him and also studied for yourself and come to believe and know for a fact that you need to cut the blue wire?  Just because someone points out some mistakes that your teacher may have made or may still make, there is no way on earth you are going to cut the red wire and die.  And you will dismiss all the arguments that this person is trying to prove.

Well to us being a true servant of Jehovah as taught by the FDS through the pages of the Bible, and seeing that truth as laid out in the Bible, and having faith, we just won't cut the red wire!

It's nothing you can say to me because I fully support the Faithful and Discreet slave class, as Jesus' brothers they teach from the BIBLE and they worship Jehovah the true God, and use his name, and follow their leader Jesus Christ!  (Matt 25:37-40)

I'm not buying what you're selling...

Sister T

jw.org

https://www.jw.org/en/free-bible-study/  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T