Jehovah`s Witness/Critical Thinking

Good day Bro. DW. How was the day? Hope all is well.
My question is about Christmass since Christmass is being celebrated by many. What is all about Chirtsmass? Why people love to celebrate Christmass? Please, give me all answers as possible related to this topic even some most important questions are absent so that people might get to think twice before they believe such stories.
I know this topic is answered so many times, but I will be so happy if you recapitulate it/them for me. Because I want people to be more logical even in religion or customs.

Thank you so much. Have a nice day.

Hello mate

Thanks for writing

My day was good thanks. Hope yours was too.

The concept of Christmas is not a bad one. In the sense that people get time of work they get to spend time with their family and relax. No one would dispute that. I like to do that at Christmas with my family that I have left in the truth (which is not many now, sadly)

I know as a Jehovah's witness that the vast majority of people don't think about Jesus at Christmas they use it to celebrate and feast and drink. When we go on their doors on the 25th they say things like "why are you calling today of all days" hahaha that always make me smile to myself.

But the problem with Christmas is that it is just downright pagan. It's linked so strongly to false worship and pagan rituals.

The date of December 25th probably originated with the ancient birthday of the sun god, Mithra, a pagan God with large religious influence through europe and Asia.

Mithra was related to the sun-god, Shamash. The Romans converted this pagan birthday to a celebration of the god, Saturn, and the rebirth of the sun god during the winter solstice period. This was Saturnalia and it started on the 17th and ended on the 24th December.The birthday of the sun god is tied in as an extension of Saturnalia which was known for gift giving, feasting,singing and basically partying.

The holly was used as a way to ward of wicked spirits it was also used as a symbol of the menstrual blood of the queen of heaven Diana that's what the red berries represent.The wood of the holly was used by witches to make wands

The white mistletoe represent droplets of the semen of the sun god kissing under the mistletoe started at Saturnalia it was believed to have the power of fertility

The yule log represents the cut down nimrod originally cut down on 24th Dec and he's reborn as a Christmas tree, raised on the 25th of Dec.

The Roman emperor at the time decided to combine all these things into a smaller "christian" celebration .In an effort to gain more Christians. He basically said come and worship Christ and bring all your pagan festivals with you

That's the roots of Christmas

That's why we as Christians should avoid Christmas.

Follow up if you need

Take Care

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.