Jehovah`s Witness/dialogue

Question
I am trying to have a dialogue with a Jehovah's Witness, but when I try to point out logical fallacies(not to attack but to clarify positions on both sides) I get a lot of avoidance behavior.

Do Jehovah's Witnesses use logical reasoning or is that considered apostate?  

Thanks

Answer
Hello and thanks for writing.

Jehovah's Witnesses use logical reasoning's and is why they refuse to believe in things such as the Trinity, soul never dying, hellfire, etc.  

What you may not realize is that most people who become Jehovah's Witnesses have already been in other faiths, have already researched what other faiths teach and believe.  They have seen the lies and hypocrisy of false religious teachings and therefore have no interest in hearing the other side again,  because they already know what it's about.  It's like been there, done that, not going back...

When we are lied on and misrepresented it causes confusion.  Like the lie that we worship the faithful and discreet slave class.  

So when people come along and say ah ha these men said this and it didn't happen!!  They really aren't doing anything because our leader is Jesus.  (Matt 23:10) They can point out a million fallacies that men make, but the truth lies within the pages of the Bible.

John 17:17  "Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth."

John 17:3 "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."

It's like this here, if you had a real $100 bill and you knew it was real, but then someone came along and tried to give you monopoly money and say it's real, but you already have the real thing you don't need a fake one, but then the person says, but look it has 100 written on it, and tries to point out things on the Monopoly money, will you be interested in it?  No, because you do not need to be convinced of what you already have that is real for something that is false.

Here's an example, Jesus said this:

John 6:53 "Accordingly Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to ​YOU, Unless ​YOU​ eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, ​YOU​ have no life in yourselves."

This was shocking to some of his disciples as we see here

John 6:60, 66    "Therefore many of his disciples, when they heard this, said: “This speech is shocking; who can listen to it?” 66 Owing to this many of his disciples went off to the things behind and would no longer walk with him"

Jesus asked his apostles

John 6:67 "Therefore Jesus said to the twelve: “YOU​ do not want to go also, do ​YOU?"

Now the reply by Peter is very important, because this reply is how true Jehovah's Witnesses feel when a mistake may be made by imperfect people who are taking the lead...

John 6:68,69  "Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life; 69 and we have believed and come to know that you are the Holy One of God.”

See for us there is no where else that we want to go.  Jesus has the sayings of everlasting life!

But in order to understand the sayings of everlasting life, this must take place here:

John 6:65 "So he went on to say: “This is why I have said to ​YOU, No one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”

That understanding is not granted to everyone, some are blinded:

2 Cor. 4:3,4 "If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through"

We worship Jehovah exclusively as the Bible brings out (Ex. 20:5).

Jesus said there are only two roads:

Matt 7:13,14 "“Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it;14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it."

The broad road that leads to destruction has many, but the road that leads to life is narrow and notice few are the ones FINDING it.  That helps us to see that to be on the road to life one has to find it, and few have for the very reason Jesus spoke of at John 6:65.

Once a person finds that narrow gate and gets on that cramped road, why would they get off only to be on the broad road?  There's just no way!  (unless they are no longer being drawn by Jehovah, or some other weakness, which is another story)

So when you come with what you feel are legit reasoning's or fallacies, we can see right away if it goes against what truth from scripture has already shown us, so there's no reason to continue.

Therefore, we are admonished:

2 Tim 2:23 "Further, turn down foolish and ignorant questionings, knowing they produce fights"

1 Tim 6:20 "O Timothy, guard what is laid up in trust with you, turning away from the empty speeches that violate what is holy and from the contradictions of the falsely called “knowledge.”

I'll leave you with one last example, let's say you are a bomb expert and you know that there is a red wire and blue wire, and you have to cut the right wire or it will explode.  If you know that the blue wire needs to be cut and someone comes along and says cut the red wire because the man that taught you in school about defusing bombs had made a mistake 50 years ago.  Will you thus abandon all that you have learned because of him and also studied for yourself and come to believe and know for a fact that you need to cut the blue wire?  Just because someone points out some mistakes that your teacher may have made or may still make, there is no way on earth you are going to cut the red wire and die.  And you will dismiss all the arguments that this person is trying to prove.

Well to us being a true servant of Jehovah and knowing the truth as laid out in the Bible, we just can't cut the red wire!

There's no disrespect involved, it's just the way it is.

I hope I explained clearly for you sir,

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T