Jehovah`s Witness/DW proved you wrong

Question
Now with regard the last of Richards comments it wasn't Fred Franz it was Hayden covington. The words he used where just after he said this

Q. You have promulgated - forgive the word - false prophecy?
A. We have. I do not think we have promulgated false prophecy, there have been statements that were erroneous, that is the way I put it, and mistaken.

Ok so he clarified what he meant by the term "False prophecy" in other words it was a mistaken view of already given prophecy.

It was Hayden Covington, not Fred Franz.  Do you concede that you lied?

Answer
I humbly accept that I listed the wrong person.  I have corrected my error in the original with an acknowledgement to DW for his assistance.  I take no issue in anyone correcting me when I am in error.  The point is the same though as he admits that Watchtower beliefs are erroneous.

So, let's read part of the transcript actually spoken by Mr. Franz.  This can be seen beginning on p. 103 of the transcript, cross-examination of Mr. Franz.

Q: Am I right that you put what is described as the end of the Gentiles in October, 1914?
A: Yes
Q: Is it not the case that Pastor Russell put that date in 1874?
A: No
Q: Is it not that he fixed the date prior to 1914?
A: Yes
Q: What date did he fix?
A: The end of the Gentile Times he fixed as 1914.
Q: Did he not fix 1874 as some other crucial date?
A: 1874 used to be understood as the date of Jesus' second coming spiritually .
Q: Did you say, "used to be understood"?
A: That is right.
Q: That was issued as a fact which was to be accepted by all who were Jehovah's Witnesses?
A: Yes
Q: That is now no longer accepted, is it?
A: No
...(explanation of how Russell calculated the date)
Q: So that I am correct, I am just anxious to canvas the position, it became the bounden duty of the Witnesses to accept this miscalculation?
A: Yes
Q: In what form was the miscalculation corrected?
A: When we reached the date 1914 and the world developments went forward, then we say that we had not understood some of the prophecies correctly.  Therefore we saw that there was a need for review of our beliefs respecting how the prophecies would be fulfilled .

...(skip a few pages in which Franz says that Rutherford "didn't preach the full round about truth of the matter")

Q: So that what is published as the truth today by the Society may have to be admitted to be wrong in a few years?
A: We have to wait and see.
Q: And in the meantime the body of Jehovah's Witnesses have been following error?
A: They have been following misconstructions on the scriptures .
Q: Error?
A: Well, error .

Please notice above that it was not until 1914 came and went "and the world developments went forward" that they realized that they did not understand the prophecies correctly.  Notice that the Society will gladly accept that they are following "misconstructions on the scriptures" and they will just have to "wait and see" before admitting that they were wrong.

Many "new light" changes are REACTIVE.  There's a reason they stopped preaching about 1925, because NOTHING HAPPENED.  There's a reason they stopped preaching about 1975, because NOTHING HAPPENED.  There's a reason they changed their "generation" teaching, because NOTHING HAPPENED.  There's a reason why they changed who the faithful and discreet slave is, because the Governing Body wants COMPLETE CONTROL. There is a reason Fred Franz preached that a 1st century-governing body didn't exist the same as today (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah6TJ5Aa2xg) because it DIDN'T and he knew that one would soon be created within the Society.  There is a reason they stopped putting emphasis on the number of memorial partakers, because it started to GO UP, dramatically.  Examine recent changes/discussions on blood particles and child sexual abuse and ask yourself WHY are these things being changed/discussed.  Do the same with previous changes.  These changes aren't because of some better understanding of scripture, they are because of an after-the-fact realization that they were WRONG.  And yet millions of people rest their eternal fate on the misconstructions of scripture by a handful of people.  The "truth" is false and KNOWS IT.

Bypassing memorial statistics by saying that at least it's a little flock or that the ones taking it are mentally ill or ignorant of what they were doing does not change the fact that the Society put GREAT EMPHASIS on these statistics while the numbers served the purpose of the Society.  Once the numbers stopped doing that, they were discounted.  The excuse DW brings up was the same excuse used in 1996 when the number went up by only 20+ people.  If that excuse still held up with nearly a 50% jump (around 4000 people), then the great crowd is being poorly educated.  

Since you referenced DW's post, I'll will agree with DW that those weeping and gnashing teeth are outside Jehovah's organization.  One would think that seeing JW's do this sort of thing would cause other JW's to examine their affiliation more closely.  

So those of you who question the "truth" and get fed a line about "to whom shall you go?".  This is a tactic of fear as if you didn't have anywhere else to go.  In John 6:68, Simon Peter posed the same question and answered it himself.  "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."  He didn't say, "Jehovah's visible organization has the words of eternal life."  He said that JESUS does.  The Bible doesn't say Jehovah's visible organization is the way, the TRUTH, and the life.  JESUS is.  It doesn't say, no man comes to the Father but through Jehovah's visible organization.  It says JESUS.  Jehovah's visible organization is not the mediator for all sorts of men.  JESUS is the mediator for ALL men.

Come out of her my people and come to Jesus Christ.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Richard