Jehovah`s Witness/Sister T? Manipulative?

Dee wrote at 2012-12-04 21:58:02

I am the person Sis T, dis'd...but I'm ok, I'm more thick skinned than that...I just wanted to talk, & ask a simple the site approved by the org...& didn't want to fight..but such is life.  Thx for seeing things differently.

Derrick wrote at 2012-12-05 21:03:12
Dee, there is no excuse for the way you were talked to in her reply.  But I must tell you, that this is due to the mindset of JWs in general, and this is the typical reaction when a questions is asked that they find difficult to answer, or wish to avoid.

Anyone reading what you said, knows that you were not looking for a fight.  This Sister T person is on an emotional "hair-trigger", for whatever reason.  I was glad that a reader who has contributed to this board regularly, wrote to me and gave me a chance to respond to her remarks.  Not only her remarks towards you, but her false comments about the non-Witnesses on this board, as well.

Take care, Dee.  Remember that being a Christian is NOT a burden, and as Mr. Jones so eloquently said to you, Jesus invites us to come to HIM for rest.  That is where salvation is found, Dee...In Jesus Christ.  Nowhere else.  Take care, and have a great day.

Ben wrote at 2012-12-06 03:55:41
Derrick, thank you for the kind comments. I sincerely appreciate them. I also thank you for correcting these false charges of Sister T and the other JW volunteers on here. I really do hope that people can see through her lies and illogical conclusions. God bless you brother!

Derrick wrote at 2012-12-08 13:12:15
Brother Ben, you are certainly welcome.  I truly wish there were no falsehoods to correct, but they abound with these people.  They claim to be "the truth", but seem to put no stock in TELLING the truth.  There is something badly wrong with that.

Unfortunately, this has to be done periodically.  Its sad, really.  If people really believed the Bible the way they claim to, there would be no need to set lies straight, even if they differed on doctrine.

What Rando, DW, and Sister T are doing in this forum, is a disgrace.  They simply make their false accusations over and over and over, and never provide any actual statements from the person they are slandering.   That is because they are only interested in trying to discredit the person, and not in telling the truth at all.

Let's continue to lift their names up in prayer, that the light of the Gospel will shine through to them, and they might be saved.  Wouldn't it be great to see these people one day, in the presence of Christ as our brothers and sisters, and we could all look back on this with a good laugh?

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.