Jehovah`s Witness/faithful and discreet

Question
QUESTION: Good day

can you please tell me, with scriptures of course.

Why do Jehovah's Witnesses including the Governing Body believe that Jehovah and Jesus have already inspected them? and don't the scriptures say we will render an account to Jehovah and his son individually?

With that said isn't the onus on each and every anointed to strive to prove himself worthy of the calling? Do keep in mind what Matt 22:14 says about the invited being many but few chosen.

Thank you

ANSWER: "WHY DO JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES BELIEVE THAT JEHOVAH AND JESUS HAVE ALREADY INSPECTED THEM?"

The scriptures say--“‘Suddenly there will come to His temple the true Lord (Jehovah), whom you people are seeking, and the messenger of the covenant (Jesus) in whom you are delighting. Look! He will certainly come,’ Jehovah of armies has said. ‘But who will be putting up with the day of his coming, and who will be the one standing when he appears? For he will be like the fire of a refiner and like the lye of laundrymen. And he must sit as a refiner and cleanser of silver and must cleanse the sons of Levi; and he must clarify them like gold and like silver, and they will certainly become to Jehovah people presenting a gift offering in righteousness.’”—Mal. 3:1-3.

We believe this prophecy started to be fulfilled in 1918 when Jehovah, along with “the messenger of the covenant,” Jesus Christ, inspected the spiritual temple. Malachi tells us what happens once this cleansing is completed: “You people will again certainly see the distinction between a righteous one and a wicked one, between one serving God and one who has not served him.” (Mal. 3:18)

“For it is the appointed time for the judgment to START with the house of God. Now if it starts first with us, what will the end be of those who are not obedient to the good news of God” 1 Peter 4; 17

The contrast between faithful servants of Jehovah and those in Satan’s world is becoming more pronounced with the passage of time.

"THE SCRIPTURES SAY WE WILL RENDER AN ACCOUNT TO JEHOVAH AND HIS SON INDIVIDUALLY?"

Of course; that’s what the scriptures say, I agree; we are not saying Jehovah inspected his people as a group back then & that’s it, we are assured of salvation, no, the scriptures tell us—

“He that endures to the end will be saved” Matthew 10; 22

Phil. 2:12, RS: “As you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”

(This was addressed to “the saints,” or holy ones, at Philippi, as stated in Philippians 1:1. Paul urged them not to be overly confident but to realize that their final salvation was not yet assured.)

Jude 5, RS: “I desire to remind you, though you were once for all fully informed, that he who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.”

Heb. 10:26, 27, RS: “If we sin deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful prospect of judgment, and a fury of fire which will consume the adversaries.”

(The Bible does not go along with the idea that no matter what sins a person may commit after he is “saved” he will not lose his salvation. It encourages faithfulness.)

See also Hebrews 6:4-6, where it is shown that even a person anointed with holy spirit can lose his hope of salvation.)

“let each one prove what his OWN work is, and then he will have cause for exultation in regard to himself ALONE, and not in comparison with the other person. For each one will carry his OWN load”.  Galatians 6; 4,5

EACH AND EVERY ANOINTED TO STRIVE TO PROVE HIMSELF WORTHY OF THE CALLING?

Of course;—“Happy is the man that KEEPS ON enduring trial, because on becoming approved he will receive the crown of life, which Jehovah promised to those who CONTINUE loving him.” (James 1;12)

Only by clinging to their faith until death, can spirit-begotten Christians receive “the crown of life,” immortality in the heavens.

MATT 22:14 INVITED BEING MANY BUT FEW CHOSEN.

Taken in context this verse means; there were many invited from the nation of Israel to become members of Christ’s bride, but only a few natural Israelites were chosen. Most of the 144,000 guests who receive the heavenly reward prove to be non-Israelites.

Jesus’ statement that “there are many invited, but few chosen” does not indicate that the majority of those who are anointed would prove unfaithful and have to be replaced. The “many” Jesus referred to were the millions of persons forming the Jewish nation to whom God’s “invitation” first went and from among whom only a few, comparatively speaking, were chosen as joint heirs with Christ.

all the best

QUESTION: are you saying that all the anointed will prove faithful?

ANSWER: Heb. 10:26, 27, RS: “If we sin deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful prospect of judgment, and a fury of fire which will consume the adversaries.”  

Hebrews 6:4-6 EVEN a person anointed with holy spirit can lose his hope of salvation.

QUESTION: Well thank you for those verses.

So are we to believe everything everything the "GB" says? Aren't the men taking the leading in the organization sinners like all of us? Are we to believe that by virtue of being a member of the "GB" they have been sealed and proved themselves faithful?

The answers to the above quetions will further lead you to examine and re-examine everything we are taught. " Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true" - Acts 17:11

Answer
Christ is using a small group of anointed Christian men as a Governing Body to lead and direct his disciples on earth.—Read Acts 15:6, 28-30.

I am priveledged & honoured to be a part of Jehovah's organization, & I will follow the lead of the "slave class" Jehovah is using without question.

thank you.
Goodbye

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenda Martin