Jehovah`s Witness/Who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

Question
Do not be vague, with scripture, who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

Answer
Hello again Kevin,

I will reply to your question, although I know that you do not really want to know the answer but you are writing just because I said you did not ask me this question and I also said I would reject you.  You want to be able to try and prove your lie from when you implied that I rejected you regarding this very question. So I will answer.

First let me make it clear, I know that you do not believe JW's so no matter what I say with Scriptures will not be taken to heart, it will most likely be read with judgement and faultfinding.  You want ah ha's and you relish on mistakes, even though all imperfect people make them.  You speak down about us like we're subhuman just because we refuse to listen to doctrines of men that do not line up with what the Bible clearly states.  All that JW's can do is plant and water, if God does not make it grow in your heart, for you to understand, then you will not get it.(Dan. 12:10; Matt 13:11)  

I'm answering once!  I'm not doing the follow up thing with you and the back and forth debates, all you probably want to do is pick it apart with your bestie Derrick.  If you do not agree with what I put on here, no one is forcing you to, you don't even have to come on this category at all.  You can ask one of your many JW friends to answer the question for you and stop harassing me with questions you are not even interested in knowing. This is what the Bible teaches, it's the truth from the Bible.  JW's are worldwide, we're not going away ever!  If you ask Jehovah to really open your eyes, and stop listening to lies then maybe you will one day know the truth and it will set you free!

To begin!

The 24th chapter of Matthew in verse 3, we see Jesus' disciples ask him this privately:

Matt 24:3 "While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”

They ask Jesus what will be the 'sign' of his presence, since a sign will be needed, then his presence is not visibly seen.  But the sign will be the evidence.

Jesus went on to relate the things that would be happening DURING his presence and the conclusion of the system of things, Matt 24:3-14

There will be people misleading ones -verse 5

we see nation against nation, food shortages, earthquakes - verse 7

He also said his true followers, (since he was speaking privately to HIS disciples), would go through tribulation and be objects of hatred by people of all the nations -verse 9

We see people will betray each other, many false prophets to mislead, and so on - verses 10-12

So Jesus said at verse 13, the one that endures to the end will be saved, because if after dealing with the events and the haters, a person doesn't remain faithful, then he won't be saved.

We see that the Good News of the Kingdom will be preached worldwide and then the end will come- verse 14.

Jesus goes on to speak of a Great Tribulation occurring (Matt 24:21)

In verse 22 he says, "In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short."

We see from verse 22 that the Great Tribulation will be cut short on account of the 'chosen ones' so that tells us that during Jesus' presence, there will be chosen ones. They belong to Jesus.

Moving on we see other things that will happen during his presence when all these things are taking place on a global scale. Which is now!

Verse 29 the tribulation of those days, verse 34 this generation, verse 36 that day and hour.

Then he goes on to say in verses 42-44 to keep on the watch, stay awake, prove yourselves ready because at an hour that ​YOU​ do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming.

So during Jesus' presence all these things will occur letting his chosen ones know that the conclusion of the system of things is near, or that they are living in the last days (2 Tim 3:1-5)

Let's look at Luke's account here because Peter asked a question,

Luke 12:41,42 "Then Peter said: “Lord, are you saying this illustration to us or also to all?” 42 And the Lord said: “Who really is the faithful steward, the discreet one, whom his master will appoint over his body of attendants to keep giving them their measure of food supplies at the proper time?

Why did Jesus ask this question, first we know from what he said that this faithful steward's master will appoint him over his body of attendants to keep giving them their measure of food supplies at the proper time.  

This helps us to see that it would not be given all at once, but measured out, or progressively, and ongoing, and at the proper time.  That scripture also sheds understanding on Prov 18:4 "But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established"

If you have been in the dark for a long time, you cannot go out into direct sunlight immediately or you won't be able to see, you have to wear some type of protected wear and let your eyes adjust at the rate that they can bear.  Thus receiving a measure of this spiritual food when needed or progressively is for our benefit, why?  Jesus said this:

John 16:12 “I have many things yet to say to ​YOU, but ​YOU​ are not able to bear them at present."

So as things are measured out the lights get lighter and we'll be able to bear them.

Now, back to the faithful steward/slave question which leads us to a parable Jesus spoke, it's the parable of the talents starting at Matt 25:14 that speaks about a man who goes abroad and gives talents to his slaves, after being gone for a long time, he returns to see who has been faithful with what he has left them in charge with.

Jesus after being resurrected and remaining for about 40 days, he went to heaven to await his Kingly reign, sitting at this Father's right hand (Ps. 110:1), until the appointed time came for him to begin subduing in the midst of his enemies (Ps. 110:2).

Matt 28: 18-20, "And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded YOU. And, look! I am with YOU all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

That faithful steward would appear during the time all the other things of the composite sign that Jesus mentioned would occur during his presence which began in 1914.  They would be appointed during that time as well, thus the question "who really is the faithful and discreet slave", as there were tons of religions teaching different doctrines at that time.  Pointed to who were digging into the Bible and finding Bible truths and adhering to them and telling others?  None other then the anointed brothers of Jehovah's Witnesses during Christ’s presence who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food. When this group work together as the Governing Body, they act as “the faithful and discreet slave.”  

They persevered with the help of Jehovah, not wavering from Bible truths no matter what.  Thus they were appointed over the domestics in 1919. Why?  Because they refused to teach others to disregard Jehovah's anointed one, they did not go along with the majority by claiming Jesus was God, no they taught that there is one Jehovah as the Bible says.  They refused to teach that the soul never dies like Satan teaches, because Ez 18:4 says the soul does die.  They used Jehovah's name and prayed only to him. They were no part of the world.  They refused to go to war and kill their fellowman.  Speaking in agreement the world over, loving their neighbor as themselves. Not afraid to make corrections in order to keep in line with what the Bible says instead of themselves.  And all the other falsehoods that is rampant today that do not coincide with the Bible they shunned. And they were hated for it, and still are! As Jesus said they would be.(Matt 24:9)

Now Matt 24:46 says "Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so."

So right now the Faithful and discreet slave class, are over the domestics, and when Jesus arrives as Judge during the great tribulation, (Matthew 24:30; 25:31, 32) and they are found still faithfully following the truths of the Bible that they were when they were appointed in 1919 and still giving food at the proper time, plus making disciples, as we are nearly 8 million strong and growing!  Jesus will thus appoint them over ALL his belongings (Matt 24:47).

Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones in the entire world who are united as one, (1 Cor. 1:10) who preach the Good News of the Kingdom of God, not just that Jesus died and was resurrected, but what Jesus taught his followers to preach about, the Kingdom of God!

Luke 8:1 "Shortly afterwards he went journeying from city to city and from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the kingdom of God. And the twelve were with him,"

What are ALL Jesus' belongings?  As we read in Matt 28:18 that consists of not just earthly things but also heavenly things including the messianic kingdom..."And Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth."  (also Phil 2:9-11)

Jesus will reward “the faithful and discreet slave” by resurrecting the individual members of that group to heavenly life and by giving them royal authority over all Christ’s belongings in heaven and on earth. This is the same reward promised to all faithful anointed Christians. (Luke 22:28-30; Revelation 20:6)

Thanks,

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T