Jehovah`s Witness/Issues

Question
I'm surprised at the quotes you found about theocratic warfare.  That makes me wonder about other things that might go on.  What other issues concern you about JW's?

Answer
Wow, loaded question.  JW's themselves I love.  Most of them are very earnest and sincere people who are simply doing what they are told to do.  My biggest concern for them is the stringent adherence to whatever is said by uninspired men.  The FDS (currently defined as only the Governing Body when they work together) literally teach that that by following them, they are following Christ and call themselves the "Spiritual Mother".  

"The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ." Watchtower 2010 Sep 15 p.23

"Motivating right hearted ones to love their Spiritual Mother" from the 2012 District Convention is worth checking out- (By the way, this is something that parallels the Catholic church)

Teaching anything other than coming to Christ alone is by far the biggest problem as it negatively impacts the eternal salvation of those who follow this heresy.

Doctrinally speaking, the favorite arguments include trinity, hellfire, the elect/great crowd, resurrections, and the immortal soul.  I have discussed these doctrines with many people who have come to accept Christ, and the range of beliefs covers the entire spectrum.  Although, I have seen the pendulum swing over time for many to accept all or a portion of these things, I rest on the fact that the Holy Spirit guides people.  The conviction of individuals to accept biblical teachings as the Holy Spirit guides them is what "new light" means.  It does not mean holding truth back from millions of people because a select few haven't figured it out yet simply for the sake of unity.

There are a lot of non-doctrinal things from the Watchtower that concern me.  Due to space, please feel free to follow-up on specific quotes.
- Blood transfusion adjustments and Bulgarian wordplay
- The treatment of those who are disfellowshipped/disassociated
- Forced unity of belief, even when wrong.
- False prophecies
- Handling of sexual crimes
- NGO status in the U.N.
- Malawi deaths and Mexico exemptions
- The hypocrisy of allowing an oath of allegiance for passports (specifically those signed by Rutherford and Knorr)
- Regular attendance of Watchtower representatives at OSCE conventions.  OSCE is the primary partner organization of the U.N.
- The purpose of Beth-Sarim
- Baptismal questions

Other items that offer interesting discussions.
- Holidays, Birthdays, Flag salute
- Cross vs. Stake
- How long a "generation" is
- Positions within the organization
- 607 vs. 586/587
- The existence of a first-century Governing Body as it is used today.

There may be more, but that is all that come to mind right now.  Again, my issue is not with the people, it's with the organization.  Unfortunately many within the organization will not look deeper into it.  Thank you for being one of those who is.

Jehovah`s Witness

Richard