Jehovah`s Witness/Its time to clear the air. John 2:19

Question
Hello Mr. Holland,

Below is a link to a post from yesterday. There are a few things in this post that I would like to address.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Jehovah-s-Witness-1617/2012/12/john-2-19-question-3.h

#1.I am NOT a "follower" of Mr.Holland. I am a brother in Christ. As christians we are to follow Jesus, not a man or organization. If Mr.Holland ever once told a reader that they needed to join HIS church or an organization for salvation, he would be guilty of diluting what Jesus did on the cross. To this point, he has NEVER done that. Can the same be said of your organization?

Mr.Holland is biblical, not philosophical. He reads scripture, he does not interpret scripture. That is very important!  Interpretation can be a dangerous game, need I remind them of restrictions from the past? Organ transplants, vaccinations,(and present) blood issues?

"Stay alive til 75!"

#2.Mr.Holland asked the person to send the John 2:19 question to him instead of asking through DW.

Here was the persons response:
"You see you're NOT a real Jehovah's Witness Expert on this forum, so why should I ask you the questions?

You see it's like this, it's like playing in the pigs pen# The pig likes to play in the mud and I don't."...end quote.

....but followed with this.....?????

"So there you go. Now it's your choice to answer the scriptural questions that I ask of John 2:19."

................................................

.........I am sorry Mr.Holland. Dealing with these childish tactics has to be trying. Does this person really not see how this looks to the readers?

.....................................

#3. There is a good reason why DW said:

"Now we don't need to over analyse this scripture,"

......Its because DW knows the verse he used, Matthew 22:13, contradicts WT teachings. If we did analyze the verse, it opens a host of issues for him.

He also chose to use Matthew 13, which does not paint a cozy "annihilationist" view.

Even in the NWT....
Matt 13:49-50
.....the angels will go out and separate the wicked from among the righteous 50 and will cast them into the fiery furnace. There is where [their] weeping and the gnashing of [their] teeth will be"

#4. Can you address John 2:19 for the readers. This person obviously will not ask you. I am not asking you to answer it for this person, but for the silent readers.

Thank you for your time.

Answer
Hello, Kevin.  How are you today?  Good to hear from you, and reading your comments regarding the anonymous questioner, and his obvious fear to send a question to me like most people would have the sense to do.

You know what, Kevin?  I am not sure whether or not he grasps how it makes him look or not.  Here is why I'm not confident that he does....because he and DW have used this scenario that they have created, to tell more lies.  Yes, lies.  How so?  Well, just notice the title of their question, along with their comments.  They call it the question that Derrick "can't" answer, when it has actually been the question "Derrick has not been directly asked, and will not answer until it is".  

Let me explain...I didn't start doing this yesterday.  I have learned over the years how to anticipate certain actions, and when I called out this anonymous questioner last week, I told you then he would not have the courage to write me.  He now claims he is not afraid to, but he obviously is, and anyone reading knows it.  Otherwise, why didn't he?  Personally, I would have felt ridiculous coming back on here again hiding behind someone else, after being called out on it and challenged.  The guy is obviously afraid, as evidenced by his continued hiding behind DW, in his address to me.

Its funny, because I just had a question from a guy who I presume is a JW just yesterday, on the topic of the resurrection.  You know what happened when he sent his question to me?  Simple...I answered it.  Had he sent it to someone else, and addressed it to me, I would not have.  Its really a simple concept.  Now, the guy may not have AGREED with my answer, but he cannot say that I didn't answer it.  

That being said, I also believe I know WHY this questioner is addressing questions to me through DW, instead of having the courage to write me himself.  First off, he didn't want an answer to begin with.  If he did, he would have just asked.  I think he figured I would not answer a question sent through somebody else, and therefore, he did it that way so that they could sit back and say "Ha, ha, Derrick couldn't answer."  He really didn't want to have me answer him directly, tear apart his ridiculous logic, and then come back and challenge him to answer plain statements of Scripture.  So, he runs upstairs and throws rocks out the window.  

Now, he CLAIMS it is because he doesn't want to wallow in the mud with me.  He said...

You see it's like this, it's like playing in the pigs pen# The pig likes to play in the mud and I don't."

But if that's true, then why would he even ask me a question THROUGH somebody else?  Why ask a question at all to me?  It isn't that he didn't ask me a question....Its just that he took the cowardly way of doing it, and asked it through someone else, knowing full well I wouldn't fool with it.  Then he could act like he stumped me.  He doesn't understand that I simply don't care if he claims that he stumped me, because he was called out and made to look scared, which he is.

You see Kevin, I knew what I was doing last week.  I told you to give him the week-end to muster some courage.  I knew he wouldn't, and I told you he wouldn't.  

That is why I did something else, as well...I put my reputation on the line, and made a promise that they COULD have used against me, if I failed to live up to it.  Remember?  I clearly, in the public forum, told the guy that I WOULD answer his question, when he asked me directly.  So by doing that, I completely refuted their lie (which they continue to tell, because they don't mind lying), that I COULD not answer the question.  I put it in the forum for the world to see, that I would answer it, when he asked me directly.  So, had they had the brains to take the opportunity, they could have proven me a liar simply by writing to me with the question, and then if I didn't answer, they would have had me.

I gave them the perfect way to do it, and they didn't have the brains to grasp it.  So now, they instead look ridiculous (and dishonest) sitting back and claiming amongst themselves that I "couldn't" answer it, when I already went on record saying I would.

So, I knew exactly what I was doing.  Anybody with even average intelligence reading this forum, knows that if you expect an answer from one of the experts, you ask them.  An expert is under no obligation to sort through OTHER people's questions, to see if there is anything in there for him to answer.  That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, and only a scared person would send me a question through someone else.

So, we have now proven the question really did not want an answer....He wanted something he could twist into an attack on me.  Basically, one of those trouble-making questions that DW was talking about, although he doesn't call it that when a JW does it.

And I believe your suspicions about those 2 guys was correct, as well, per our conversation earlier.

But back to the anonymous questioner's remark.  He wrote..."You see it's like this, it's like playing in the pigs pen# The pig likes to play in the mud and I don't."

I'm sorry this questioner views an answer from the Scriptures as "playing in the pig pen", but that is exactly what he would have gotten....an answer from the Scriptures.  Which he knew that, and hence, the reason he was afraid to ask me.  Actually, the answer to this Scripture has several Scriptures in it, so he just made a very dangerous statement agsinst God's Word, the Bible.  What he intended as an insult and character attack towards me, was actually calling the Word of God "mud" and "pig pen", because that is where my answer would come from.

Now, you wrote....."#1.I am NOT a "follower" of Mr.Holland. I am a brother in Christ. As christians we are to follow Jesus, not a man or organization. If Mr.Holland ever once told a reader that they needed to join HIS church or an organization for salvation, he would be guilty of diluting what Jesus did on the cross. To this point, he has NEVER done that. Can the same be said of your organization?

"Stay alive til 75!"

REPLY:  Now Kevin, I sense a trend here that I feel the need to address you publicly about.  As your cult leader, I sense an attitude in you, that tells me that you are not "avoiding independent thinking", and are "pushing ahead" of the meat that I have been offering you in due season.  You must be very careful about thinking for yourself, and being so foolish to think that you can understand the Bible by actually reading it, without my writings to help you understand it.  Furthermore, you seem to questioning what the Slave (Me) has provided for you, and you are becoming like the "haughty ones" that eventually become apostates, and speak against my authority.  I would not be surprised if you are soon celebrating your child's birthday, and committing other such ungodly deeds as giving him a cake with presents.  Now, I feel I need to counsel you that God has lovingly provided you with someone who can help you to interpret the Scriptures (me again), and you do not need to start thinking that Jesus is actually your own personal Mediator and Savior.  Surely you know that you would never had known about Jesus, had you not become a member of my cult.  So, you need to show proper gratitude for what has been provided.  And besides...where would you go if you leave, anyway?  There truly is no other way, if you want to live.  If you think you have found something in my teaching that goes against what you read in the Bible, you still can only believe the Bible when I tell you that I have received "new light".  Who knows...I may be teaching your ideas as truth one day.  But do NOT "push ahead" on your own...Wait on Jehovah.  You must reject what you read in the Bible, until my teaching allows you to accept it.  If you do not heed my counsel, then I will have to bring you before a judicial committee, and you may end up being disfellowshipped from my cult.

Now, I realize that everything in the above paragraph sounds completely stupid.  And it IS!  It is obvious sarcasm, to illustrate a point....That these SAME people who have the nerve to call someone ELSE a "cult leader", believe EVERY single thing that I wrote in the above paragraph, except about the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Them calling someone a cult leader is about like an Al Qaeda leader calling somebody else a "terrorist".  

Actually Kevin, you are exactly correct, and I am glad you made that point clear.  You or anyone else, JWs also included, should test EVERYTHING they hear or are told, from the Scriptures.  No man can save you, and no literature even comes close to being on an equal playing field with the Scriptures.  

When you say "I am not a follower of Mr. Holland", but a follower of Christ...I say AMEN TO THAT, my Brother.

And besides, I am not the one who had someone come on here just this week and claim to be my follower or a follower of my writings, as did a JW expert in this forum.

So again, they are simply taking what THEY do, and accusing others of doing it.  That is a sign they lost the debate, by the way....creating diversions.  A clever debate tactic used by losers of the debate, but not one that isn't easily recognized.

Kevin, you also wrote...."#2.Mr.Holland asked the person to send the John 2:19 question to him instead of asking through DW.

Here was the persons response:

....but followed with this.....?????

REPLY:  Yes, these people actually contradict themselves in the very next breath, and don't even catch it.  Amazing, isn't it?

Then, to top it off, this guy actually had the nerve to write the following in his next sentence...

"You can reply to you're follower Kevin - by answering the questions he quoted from me."

Now, it was that statement that caused me to NOT want you to ask me the question again today.  This guy should NOT get an answer to the question, until he mans-up enough to ask it to me.  Have you ever seen anything more cowardly than this in your life?  This is amazing.  He actually had the nerve to expect YOU to ask HIS questions for him!  Unbelievable.

Kevin, you also wrote...."#3. There is a good reason why DW said:

Even in the NWT....
Matt 13:49-50

REPLY:  Yes, that is so true.  But DW really isn't about using the Scriptures PROPERLY, anyway.  He likes to use them for his own convenience, to make his own false statements.  Basically, they are a convenience to him, and that is what we just saw with his use of Matthew 22:13.  OF COURSE he doesn't want to over-analyze it.  My guess is, he doesn't even want to discuss it.  He just likes to USE it, to throw insults.  That's okay...there will be a day of reckoning for the way he presumes to mishandle God's inspired Word.  He best remember that Book is not a newspaper or "Sports Illustrated" magazine....It is the very God-breated, infallible word of the living God.

Oh, and did you see that comical line where the anonymous questioner wrote that he and DW would inspect my answer to decide if I knew what I was talking about?  LOL!  I'll tell you one thing...I will not sleep until I know their verdict.  I will count the minutes and axiously await their approval, as I worry so much about that anyway.  Wow, I'm nervous now!

Then, he actually said I am condescending, for telling him how to do something he SHOULD have had the guts to do on his own to begin with.  At least I did not call someone "dumb" for not knowing how to use "caps lock" keys, nor do I walk around talking about pulling their pants down and "crushing" someone, when it is obvious that it is the other way around. Nor do I imply they are "not humble", for misspelling someone's name.  They are hilarious, those guys.  

Okay, lastly you wrote...."#4. Can you address John 2:19 for the readers. This person obviously will not ask you. I am not asking you to answer it for this person, but for the silent readers."

Okay, Kevin.  Truthfully, after reading his comments today, I was going to call him out again and challenge the cowardice that he is showing.  I was GOING to ask you to wait on re-sending this question.  But you mention the "silent readers".  Okay, for that reason, and because YOU asked me, I will address it.  Truthfully, I wish you had stopped at number 3, for the reasons I just gave.

But actually, the answer is quite easy.  Let me go back and quote from your writing last week.  You quoted the anonymous dude, and you asked...

"Quoting DWs unnamed poster:.........

"John 2:19 - "In answer Jesus said to them: “Break down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

Who resurrected Jesus' when he said at John 2:19 "in three days I will raise it up"?

Was it Jehovah God or Jesus Christ himself?

If Jesus resurrected himself then why does the Scripture say that his God and Father did it?

If Jehovah God did resurrect his son from the dead then what did Jesus mean by "in three days I will raise it up"?

What do you think Bro. DW - will he answer it now or do his hit n run satanic tactic again?"

Okay, real simple.  Notice first of all what the questioner is trying to do, by creating a false dilemma, based on his OWN assumption that Jesus isn't God.  He asks..."Was it Jehovah God or Jesus Christ himself?"

He wants me to say "Jesus", so he can show me Scriptures that it was God.  Excuse me, he wants to show DW Scriptures, I should have said.  His problem is, the Bible teaches that it was God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, Who raised up Jesus.  The Scriptures also teach that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit ARE Jehovah.  So, while he was asking what he thought was a tough "stumper" question, he was actually giving a beautiful outline of the Biblical teaching of the Trinity.

So, the simple answer is...God raised Jesus from the dead.  OBVIOUSLY!  The other simple answer is, that all 3 (Father, Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit), all were active in the resurrection.

First off, let's prove from Scripture that it was GOD Who raised Jesus....

Acts 2:24-  "Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it."

Acts 2:32-  "This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses."

Acts 3:15, 26-  "And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses....

Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities."

Acts 4:10-  "Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, [even] by him doth this man stand here before you whole."

Acts 5:30-  "The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree."

See also....Acts 10:40, 13:30, 33-34, 35, Romans 10:9

Now, we have already seen where Jesus predicted He would raise His OWN body in 3 days, and this is such a problem for the JWs, that we have seen many twistings of this verse, because it just CAN'T mean what it really says. Everything from DW feebly trying to change the meaning of the word "body" and "temple" in this passage, to Rando telling us not to think literally (doesn't mean what it says), to both of them coming up with that laughable excuse that Jesus would have said "ME", instead of "IT", even though it is perfectly correct grammar to refer to one's own body as "IT".

Not to mention, John 2:19 is written in such a way, that it actually knocks 3 Watchtower doctrines to the ground.  First, it is a spoof on the notion that Jesus didn't rise in the flesh.  Second, it is a spoof on their denial of Christ's deity, because this passage clearly shows that He was active in His OWN resurrection, and because we already know that it was GOD Who raised Jesus.  And thirdly, it is a spoof of their false soul-sleep doctrine, in that Jesus could NEVER have fulfilled this prediction of His, had He ceased to exist in the spirit during those 3 days, and been in some non-existent state.

Now, we have shown that God raised Jesus from the dead.  Now, let's look at proof from Scripture that Christ raised Himself....

John 2:19-21-  "Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."

Now, since anyone with even average intelligence can see that it says exactly 2 verses later that the temple He was referring to was not the literal building, but HIS BODY, then we have a clear prediction from Jesus that HE would raise up His own body.  

John 10:17-18-  "Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.  

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."

Notice He did not say that ONLY the Father would raise Him again, but that HE had the power to lay it down, and to take it again.  

These are the verses they never like to talk about.

Now, the Holy Spirit was active in the resurrection, as well.....

Romans 8:11-  "But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you."

1 Peter 3:18-  "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:"

So, the short answer is that God raised Jesus from the dead.  And the Scriptures reveal also that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit were all active in the resurrection of Christ from the dead.  So, the questioner actually helped make a strong argument for the deity of Jesus Christ, without even knowing it.  His mistake was trying to create a false dilemma, which really wasn't a dilemma at all.

They have done everything they can to try and undercut the words of Jesus Christ.  But once again, we see that Jesus' prediction of His own BODILY resurrection has the support of the Scriptures.  Maybe not the WT Society, but certainly the Scriptures themselves bear out this fact.

Thanks for writing, Kevin.  Now, let's sit back and watch them scramble around trying to deal with the Scriptural evidence, and prove that Jesus' body was really just dissolved into thin air, or gasses, or something.  

Sure do wish they would give us the Scripture for that one.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland