Jehovah`s Witness/labour pains or pangs of distress

"Good day

Hope you are well, can you please advise me here: How is Matt 24:8 supposed to read? Labour pains or pangs of distress because the NWT renders the verse differently to other translations.

Thank you

Good Day

Thank you for writing

You said, how is Matthew 24:8 supposed to read. Well, I must say that in the original Greek, the word rendered “pangs of distress” in the(NWT), literally means “pangs of birth.”(Kingdom Interlinear ) However, the rendition of the NWT, it explain the clearer thought of it. So since Jesus was not talking of a LITERAL future pregnant women, therefore, what is wrong with being specific? So nothing has changed or whatsoever in the NWT rendition. This only suggests that like birth pangs, the world’s problems will increase in frequency, intensity, and duration, climaxing in the great tribulation.

4 World War I marked the beginning of the last days. Jesus said that this and other events would be “a beginning of pangs of distress.” (Matthew 24:8) That proved true, as World War II was even more deadly, some 50,000,000 soldiers and civilians losing their lives. In this 20th century, well over 100,000,000 people have been killed in wars, more than four times as many as in the previous 400 years put together! What an enormous condemnation of human rule!---Source: dg part 9 pp. 19-22
How We Know We Are in “the Last Days”

Take Care
Bro. Nacilla

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro K.J. P. Nacilla

I can answer any kinds of questions which are only related in the "SCRIPTURES" especially when it comes to Jehovah's Witnesses' doctrinal beliefs! However, I still do not consider myself as an expert, but rather, as a well-trained faithful servant of Jehovah God with the aid of his holy spirit. NOTE: I NOTICED that there are many FILIPINO viewer like me here in this site who preferred to be taught in our own dialect so I am volunteering here as an expert just to help my fellow FILIPINO out there who don't know much in speaking and even understanding English language.

I have been baptized as a Jehovah's Witness when I was just 20 years old. Now serving my 10th year in the ministry as a FULL-TIME OVERSEER

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Manila

I would prefer to study the writings and any publications of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society than my own writings. I'm just a zealous servant of Jehovah God who's willing to serve Him to the fullest.

I have finished my Bachelor of Arts Major in Psychology from Ateneo de Manila University in 2007 and having attended a well-known Bible college with an excellent teaching which is the "KINGDOM MINISTRY SCHOOL" of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Just an Honored student in my school days and... (nothing follows)