Jehovah`s Witness/Pagan worship

Question
So you do you feel knowing that you are celebrating a tradition with pagan roots?

Answer
<<Edited from original to correct spelling and grammatical mistakes, not content>>

I feel the same way as I would if I broke a pinata on a Tuesday with my wedding ring.  That takes some explaining, I know.

Something having pagan roots is not enough for the Watchtower to ban it.  Surely, one will frequently hear "pagan this" and "pagan that" for holidays.  But when other items with pagan origins are brought up, there is less of a response.

Calendar Days
Golden Age 1935 Mar 13 p.358
"The Devil, of course, was the one who induced the ancestors of the present generation to name all the days of the week after heathen gods and goddesses."  

Did you know that Jehovah's Witnesses put out another version of a calendar for this reason?  The months were "Redemption, Life, Visitment, Freedom, Vindication, Hope, King, Peace, Order, Logos, Jehovah, and Temple", and the days were "Lightday, Heavenday, Earthday, Starday, Lifeday, Mansday, and Godsday".  As you can imagine, they would much rather use the pagan version today.

Pinatas
Awake! 2003 September 22 pp.23-24
"When considering whether to include a pinata at a social gathering, Christians should be sensitive to the consciences of others. (1 Corinthians 10:31-33) A main concern is, not what the practice meant hundreds of years ago , but how it is viewed today in your area. Understandably, opinions may vary from one place to another. Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues."

So they are saying pagan roots don't matter, and it's a matter of conscience.

Wedding Rings
Watchtower 1952 June 15 pp.361-2 The Marriage Ceremony
"We, of course, recognize that rings are used extensively in many pagan rituals."

But does having pagan roots matter?
Watchtower 1972 January 15 p.63 Questions from Readers
"Even if it were a fact that pagans first used wedding rings, would that rule such out for Christians? Not necessarily. Many of today's articles of clothing and aspects of life originated in pagan lands"

So these three statements from the Watchtower say that even though calendar days, wedding rings, and pinatas have pagan roots, it's up to a person on whether or not they are going to be utilized because those pagan traditions have been forgotten.

But Christmas?!?
Bible Teach book, in chapter 16, 'Take Your Stand For True Worship', paragraph 12 on page 159:
"Some agree that such holidays as Christmas have pagan origins but still feel that it is not wrong to celebrate them. After all, most people are not thinking about false worship when they observe holidays . These occasions also give families opportunities to draw close together...Maybe you feel that the origins of holidays have little to do with how they are celebrated today. Do origins really matter? Yes! ...“Touch nothing unclean.” —Isaiah 52:11."

So, touch nothing unclean? or maybe just a few things we like if your conscience says its okay.  

To answer your question, I celebrate Christ's birth which is hardly a pagan concept.  I go through no pagan rituals in the process, and we have a phenomenal time together with family.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Richard