Jehovah`s Witness/A request.

QUESTION: Hello Sister T, I have not written to you before, but after reading all your answers to others I must write and compliment you on your wonderful style. All your answers are so comprehensively supported by Scripture that they are Bible lessons in understandable instalments.

I am not a JW, but I intend taking a Bible study in the future. In the meantime I have been relying on DW who has been a great help.

The main reason I write is to entreat you not to change your style, I don’t care how long your answers are, they are so informative and I have been so impressed that I have saved all your answers to my files and will continue to do so.

Kind Regards, Fergus

ANSWER: Hello sorry for the delay in replying.  Thank you so much for writing and for the kind words :-)  

I'm glad you like my style, I will not change it, and I appreciate all that you also said to Bro. DW, he is awesome at explaining Bible truths. I hope you continue getting help from him.  

You mentioned that you intend to study in the near future.  May I ask what is holding you back from doing it now?  The reason I ask is because I know of some people who hold back from studying because they feel that if they study, they may be labeled a JW, or that they will have to join or because they are afraid what others would say if they did.  Then others think that they have to stop everything they are doing that is against Bible teachings before they study because they feel like they are being a hypocrite, or they feel guilty...but what I say is if every single person waited until the stopped doing things before they began to study, there would be no JW's at all.  As a person studies and their love grows for Jehovah, they will not want to do anything to displease him, and will make changes as needed.  But that doesn't happen over night.

Not wanting to displease God, or having the fear of God, and in the Bible Godly fear is the start of wisdom.  (Heb 12:28, Prov 9:10, Ps. 111:10, Ps. 19:9, Prov 8:13, Prov. 16:6

And what I tell people to do is a test drive.  Just like when you go look to buy a car, or a house, or anything that is of importance to you, you go check it out first.  With a car, you open the hood, check the engine, the oil, smell the oil cap, check to see if there is any grit on the transmission stick, then you get the keys and take it for a drive, and you may even go to a mechanic and have them check it out, then once you're done there, you make a choice to buy or not to buy.  

Same with a house, you go inside look around, have an inspection done, etc and so on.  But just because you drove the car, or just because you went inside the house to look at it, doesn't mean you bought the car or the house, and you can always go else where if you don't like them.  

I suggest to do a test drive with a Bible study, all on your terms, for free.  And it doesn't make you a JW, it doesn't mean you have joined, or even will join, in fact a person can not just join any way.  Nothing weird goes on.  I even know of someone who use to have their Bible study at McDonald's, or over the phone.  If you don't want to continue, you don't have to.  It's on your terms.  What can it hurt?  Nothing, all that it will be is an hour a week of your time.  But the benefits are unending!  Ask Jehovah to assist you.

Thank you again for your compliments, I really appreciate all that you said, thank you so much!

Sister T

QUESTION: Thank you for your reply Sister T and of course your sound advice. I have every intention of taking up a study. However my wife had an accident recently and recovery seemed to be going well, unfortunately some complications have come to the fore which upsets our regular routine on a daily basis. Hopefully we can return to normal soon and able to plan on a positive regular basis. I am unable to go into further detail on here.

Thank you for you reply, and for now, you keep writing and I will continue reading your posts.

Hello, I'm very sorry to hear about your wife, I really hope and pray that everything goes well with her recovery.  

I understand how difficult it is to be a caregiver for a loved one.  

I will still suggest not putting it off, if at all possible, 15 minutes, could be an option too.  The reason I stress this is because when you study, you are drawing close to God, and in turn, He will draw close to you.  Now more then ever is when you need that strength, that sustaining endurance, and that peace that excels all thought that only God can give.  Phil. 4:6, 7

I'll just leave you with one thought, when God said he was bringing the flood in 120 years, (Gen. 6:3)  The Bible doesn't say that God was talking to Noah, or that God told Noah how long he had to build the ark.  But before God even told Noah to build the ark we see that Noah had his 3 sons they grew up and got married.  This took time within that 120 years. Not to mention the years it took him to build the ark.  What if Noah would have hesitated and said he had to do other important things first?  

Jehovah had already set the day, it was not going to wait, if Noah had not done as he was commanded right away he would not have finished the ark in time before the flood waters came, but since Noah did just so, and all that God commanded, (Gen 6:22) he finished in time to be able to go in with his family and live when God said in seven more days it would start. (Gen 7:4).  What if he hadn't finished because he put other important things first?  He would have been swept away with the rest of the people who took no note.  

The lesson for us today is we know the end is coming and if we put off what is needed to save our lives, it may be too late.  Not that those things are not important, but because it means our very lives.  Just something to ponder over....

I respect your wishes and hope that things improve soon.

Take care and thank you again!

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)