Jehovah`s Witness/Response to DW

Question
The following are statements from DW that warrant a response.  

1) "First thing I noticed is the fact that like all apostates/opposers he's too interested in trying to attack us then stand behind his own beliefs.  Instead of answering how he personally justifies it from scripture he instead tries to make it look like we're hypocrites."

2) "You can't even compare calendars and wedding rings and pinatas."

3) "So that's why people like Richard shouldn't be on this board spreading half truths, twists,lies ,quoting out of context, missing important information out and using satanic tactics.Just another false prophet trying to shipwreck peoples faith and fighting against holy spirit"

Answer
1) In case you didn't catch it, I offered a statement just a day or two ago standing behind my own beliefs.  This question clearly fed off of that and Rando's post.  I did justify my answer from scripture, and your own literature makes you look like hypocrites.  I don't have to try to do that.

2) You can compare anything when they all have something in common, in this case pagan roots.  It is of course silly to compare celebrations, calendars, wedding rings, and pinatas...unless you are questioned about how you feel about doing something with pagan roots.  If you don't NECESSARILY ban something because it has pagan roots, quit bringing up the fact that something has pagan roots.  If pagan roots are a problem, then be NO part of it and ban it.  But the Watchtower picks and chooses what is important.  That's being lukewarm, and the Watchtower will be spit out of the mouth of the ruler of God's creation (Rev. 3:16).

3) So, you believe that I twist, lie, quote out of context, that my tactics are satanic, and that BY DOING THESE THINGS, I am just another false prophet trying to shipwreck peoples faith and fighting against the holy spirit.   Please allow me point out some of the times the Watchtower has twisted, lied, and quoted out of context.  I'll even limit the discussion to just one publication...

SHOULD YOU BELIEVE THE TRINITY? - comparison of WT quotes and original quotes.

WT quote) "trinity was a major preoccupation of Egyptian theologians. ... three gods are combined and treated as a single being, addressed in the singular. In this way the spiritual force of Egyptian religion shows a direct link with Christian theology" - Siegfried Morenz - Egyptian Religion

Actual quote) "trinity was a major preoccupation of Egyptian theologians. ... three gods are combined and treated as a single being, addressed in the singular. In this way the spiritual force of Egyptian religion shows a direct link with Christian theology. In order to avoid any gross misunderstanding, we must at once emphasize that the substance of the Christian Trinity is of course Biblical: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. The three are mentioned alongside one another in the New Testament, probably for liturgical reasons. "

WT quote) "The doctrine of the Trinity is considered to be 'beyond the grasp of human reason.'" - Encylopedia Americana  

Actual quote) "It is held that although the doctrine is beyond the grasp of human reason, it is, like many of the formulations of physical science, not contrary to reason, and may be apprehended (though it may not be comprehended) by the human mind. "

WT quote) "And the doctrine of the Holy Trinity is not taught in the O[ld] T[estament]." - New Catholic Encyclopedia

Actual quote) ""The doctrine of the Holy Trinity is not taught in the OT. In many places of the OT however, expressions are used in which some of the Fathers of the Church saw references or foreshadowings of the Trinity. "

WT quote) "To Jesus and Paul the doctrine of the trinity was apparently unknown;...they say nothing about it." - Origin and Evolution of Religion by E. Washburn Hopkins

Actual quote) The beginning of the doctrine of the Trinity appears already in John (c.100 AD.) To Jesus and Paul the doctrine of the trinity was apparently unknown; at any rate they say nothing about it."

WT quote) "The formulation 'one God in three Persons' was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the fourth century...Among the apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective" - New Catholic Encyclopedia

Actual quote - "The formulation 'one God in three Persons' was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the fourth century...Among the apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective. If it is clear on the one side that the dogma of the Trinity in the stricter sense of the word was a late arrival, product of three centuries' reflection and debate, it is just as clear on the opposite side that confession of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - and hence an elemental Trinitarianism - went back to the period of Christian origins "

WT quote) "The word Trinity is not found in the Bible . . . It did not find a place formally in the theology of the church till the 4th century."

Actual quote) "It must be remembered that the OT was written before the revelation of the doctrine of the Trinity was clearly given. "..."The word Trinity is not found in the Bible...It did not find a place formally in the theology of the church till the 4th century...Although Scripture does not give us a formulated doctrine of the Trinity, it contains all the elements out of which theology has constructed the doctrine "

WT quote) "In Scripture there is as yet no single term by which the Three Divine Persons are denoted together. The word [tri'as] (of which the Latin trinitas is a translation) is first found in Theophilus of Antioch about A. D. 180...Shortly afterwards it appears in its Latin form of trinitas in Tertullian." - Catholic Encyclopedia

Actual quote - "In Scripture there is as yet no single term by which the Three Divine Persons are denoted together. The word [tri'as] (of which the Latin trinitas is a translation) is first found in Theophilus of Antioch about A. D. 180.  He speaks of "the Trinity of God [the Father], His Word and His Wisdom" ("Ad. Autol.",11,15,P.G.,VI,1078). The term may, of course, have been in use before his time.  Shortly afterwards it appears in its Latin form of trinitas in Tertullian."     

WT quote) "The New Testament writers...give us no formal or formulated doctrine of the Trinity, no explicit teaching that in one God there are three co-equal divine persons...Nowhere do we find any trinitarian doctrine of three distinct subjects of divine life and activity in the same Godhead." - Jesuit Fortman

Actual quote) "the New Testament writers together they tell us there is only one God, the creator and lord of the universe, who is the Father of Jesus. They call Jesus the Son of God, Messiah, Lord, Savior, Word, Wisdom. They assign Him the divine functions of creation, salvation, judgment. Sometimes they call Him God explicitly. They do not speak as fully and clearly of the Holy Spirit as they do of the Son, but at times they coordinate Him with the Father and the Son and put Him on a level with them as far as divinity and personality are concerned. They give us in their writings a triadic ground plan and triadic formulas. They do not speak in abstract terms of nature, substance, person, relation, circumincession, mission, but they present in their own ways the ideas that are behind these terms  . They give us no formal or formulated doctrine of the Trinity, no explicit teaching that in one God there are three co-equal divine persons. But they do give us an elemental trinitarianism, the data from which such a formal doctrine of the Triune God may be formulated. "

WT quote) "As far as the New Testament is concerned, one does not find in it an actual doctrine of the Trinity." - A Short History of Christian Doctrine - Bernhard Lohse

Actual quote) "First, it is important to note that the doctrine of the Trinity does not go back to non-Christian sources [pagan], as has sometimes been supposed in the past. There has been no lack of attempts to find the initial form of the doctrine of the Trinity in Plato, or in Hinduism, or in Parsiism. All such attempts may be regarded today as having floundered ... As far as the New Testament is concerned, one does not find in it an actual doctrine of the Trinity. This does not mean very much, however, for generally speaking the New Testament is less intent upon setting forth certain doctrines than it is upon proclaiming the kingdom of God, a kingdom that dawns in and with the person of Jesus Christ . At the same time, however, there are in the New Testament the rudiments of a concept of God that was susceptible of further development and clarification, along doctrinal lines. ... Speaking first of the person of Jesus Christ ... In other passages of the New Testament the predicate "God" is without a doubt applied to Christ

Shall I stop there, or should I mention all the people who were quoted in this publication who not only stated that the Trinity was pagan, but also frequently stated that a number of WT beliefs are also pagan?

This is UNDENIABLE manipulation of quotes.  So, I'll tell you what, come out and say that the Watchtower is just another false prophet trying to shipwreck peoples faith and fighting against the holy spirit because they spread half truths, twist, lies, quote out of context, miss important information, and use satanic tactics.  You do that, I'll leave the forum permanently.  Deal?  

Jehovah`s Witness

Richard