Jehovah`s Witness/Resurrection

Question
Hi Brenda,
  In a Bible study with JW's today, I was very surprised to learn some things about their thoughts on their resurrection.  I would actually appreciate if you could copy/paste some literature from the Watchtower to clarify their statements and answer my questions.

THEIR STATEMENT: We expect to be resurrected during the 1000-year reign, not before or after.

QUESTION: When, in the timeline of Rev. 20, does this resurrection occur?

THEIR STATEMENT: The Judgement mentioned in Rev. 20 occurs sometime during the middle of the 1000-year reign.  Basically that Rev. 20:11-end really occurs between verses 4 and 7.

QUESTION: Understanding that Revelation does sometimes hop around, where is there any indication that the timeline of Rev. 20 occurs any different than it says?

THEIR STATEMENT: Following the occurrence of the end of Revelation 20, but prior to the end of the Millennium, if someone should commit an unrighteous act, they will die.

QUESTION: If death and Hades are already thrown into the lake of fire and do not exist anymore, how can someone die?

Any light you can shed on this discussion would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Adam

Answer
JW'S EXPECT TO BE RESURRECTED DURING THE 1000-YEAR REIGN, NOT BEFORE OR AFTER.

You must have picked them up wrong because that’s not what J.W’s believe:¬)

The “first resurrection” of the “anointed” began in 1914 & will continue into the 1,000 year reign.

The earthly (second) resurrection of ones like King David, Job, Abraham etc will happen during the 1,000 year reign.

J.W’s hope to survive the coming war of Armageddon & live on into the new earth, hence no resurrection necessary. “Millions now living will never die”

THE JUDGEMENT MENTIONED IN REV. 20 OCCURS SOMETIME DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE 1000-YEAR REIGN ?

Judgment Day will be a period of a thousand years during which humans will have the opportunity to regain what Adam and Eve lost. Notice that Acts 17:31 says that Judgment Day will affect those living on “the inhabited earth.” Those receiving favourable judgment will live on earth and will enjoy everlasting life in perfect conditions. (Revelation 21:3, 4) Judgment Day helps to accomplish God’s original purpose for humans and the earth.

During that period of judgment, which will last 1,000 years, Christ Jesus along with 144,000 men and women resurrected to life in heaven will rule over the earth. They will serve as kings and priests, administering the benefits of Jesus’ ransom sacrifice and progressively elevating faithful humans to physical and mental perfection.—Revelation 5:10; 14:1-4; 20:4-6.

During Judgment Day, Satan and the demons will be restrained from influencing human activity. (Revelation 20:1-3) However, at the end of Judgment Day, Satan will be allowed to test the loyalty of every human living. Those who remain loyal to God will have passed the test that Adam and Eve failed. They will be judged worthy of receiving everlasting life in the restored Paradise earth. Those who choose to rebel against God will be permanently destroyed, as will Satan and the demons.—Revelation 20:7-9.

PRIOR TO THE END OF THE MILLENNIUM, IF SOMEONE SHOULD COMMIT AN UNRIGHTEOUS ACT, THEY WILL DIE.

Isaiah 65;20  “for one will die as a mere boy, although a hundred years of age; and as for the sinner, although a hundred years of age he will have evil called down upon him”

Means; any who choose to rebel against God during the 1,000 year reign will lose the privilege of life. Even if the rebellious sinner is “a hundred years of age,” he will die. In such a case, he will be “a mere boy” compared to what he could have become—a man with endless life.

IF DEATH AND HADES ARE ALREADY THROWN INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE AND DO NOT EXIST ANYMORE, HOW CAN SOMEONE DIE?

Mankind is liberated from Adamic death; no-one will be growing old or dying due to inherited sin from Adam, this is symbolised by (death & hades destroyed) however any who wilfully rebel will suffer eternal death under Jehovah’s judgment.

ALL THE BEST  

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenda Martin