Jehovah`s Witness/Rev 12:3

good day

can you please explain to me Rev 12:3 and 4 (here is a quote from Revelations book)

9 The dragon has authority also in the spirit
realm. With his tail, he “drags a third of the
stars of heaven.” Stars can represent angels.
(Job 38:7) Mention of “a third” would emphasize
that a considerable number of angels
have been misled by Satan. Once these came
under his control, there was no escape for
them. They could not return to God’s holy
organization. They became demons, dragged
along, as it were, by Satan their king, or ruler.
(Matthew 12:24) Satan also cast them
down to the earth. This no doubt refers to
Noah’s day before the Flood, when Satan induced
the disobedient sons of God to go
down to earth and cohabit with the daughters
of men. As a punishment, these “angels
that sinned” have been thrown by God
into the prisonlike condition called Tartarus.
—Genesis 6:4; 2 Peter 2:4; Jude 6.

Why is it that this event is referring to the days of Noah when we read in Rev 1:1 that these are the things that were to soon take place?

Thank you

Hello and thanks for writing..

Since the Bible is in harmony from back to front and cover to cover, we have to remember that when John wrote Revelation, Satan and his angels had not been hurled down to the earth by Jesus yet, (Rev. 12:9).  So Satan was free to go back and forth from the Heavens to earth and from the earth to the Heavens.  As we see here during the time of Job:

Job. 2:1,2 "Afterward it came to be the day when the sons of the [true] God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also proceeded to enter right among them to take his station before Jehovah. 2 Then Jehovah said to Satan: “Just where do you come from?” At that Satan answered Jehovah and said: “From roving about in the earth and from walking about in it.”

So we can see Satan could go back and forth and was doing that all the way up until Jesus took his stand as King in 1914 and hurled Satan and his angels down to the earth. (Rev. 12:7-9) So Satan very well was still influencing angels that were up in heaven until he was no longer permitted to go back and forth.  As we see here:

Rev. 12:8  "but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven."

Satan's bad influence in heaven is evident by the heavens being glad he and all who sided with him were once and for all time gone, as we read

Rev. 12:12 "On this account be glad, ​YOU​ heavens and ​YOU​ who reside in them!....."

So it started in Noah's time when Satan dragged the disobedient angels down to the earth to sin with the women, and those angels were punished, but what you're not seeing is that Satan could still influence angels all the way up until 1914, well after John wrote Revelations, making it a future yes, that quote you put up is in harmony with Rev. 1:1

Have a good day!

Sister T

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)