Jehovah`s Witness/Rom 4:5 and Gal 5:1

Question
I'm addressing these two scriptures for one of my regular questioners he sent me a question on them and told me he wanted it private he didn't want any backlash from the boards resident troublemaker Derrick.

So for his sake I will keep his identity secret and answer it for him on the public forum.

Here's the question:

hi once again DW.

I will just make it a private one since I am not looking for a fight here but just for the truth just the truth itself, I read this answer from Derrick the other day about Romans 4:5
http://www.allexperts.com/user.cgim=6&catID=1617&expID=28352&qID=5037103

Is this answer right? I mean, is it really true that our actions cannot save us because we are already saved through faith? So if that is true, then why are all the members of JW's being enslaved by the WTBTS as Robert Jones said? Galatians 5:1 explained that one... So I'm really confused!

Hope you'll understand why I make this one as PRIVATE(you know derrick)

Answer
Unfortunately for these two false prophets. There are true prophets on this board I am one of them.

The simple answer is NO people are not already saved. You can be in a position of salvation but if you stop doing the will of Jehovah you can lose that salvation now let me show you that from the scriptures.

Here's the first point

1 Cor 9:

27 "but I pummel my body and lead it as a slave, that, after I have preached to others, I myself should not become disapproved somehow"

Now these are the words of the apostle Paul. It's absolutely clear here that he could lose his salvation if he didn't work hard to keep it.

Second point

Matt 7:

21 "Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew YOU! Get away from me, YOU workers of lawlessness"

What's the point of this scripture??

The point is this if you where performing miracles in Jesus name isn't it true that you would have faith in Jesus?? But according to this scripture is faith in Jesus enough to save you??

The obvious answer is NO!!

Third point

John 15:

6 "If anyone does not remain in union with me, he is cast out as a branch and is dried up; and men gather those branches up and pitch them into the fire and they are burned. 7 If YOU remain in union with me and my sayings remain in YOU, ask whatever YOU wish and it will take place for YOU. 8 My Father is glorified in this, that YOU keep bearing much fruit and prove yourselves my disciples"

Jesus quite clearly tells us here that we need to remain in union with him and prove ourselves his disciples.

John also confirms that here:

1 John 2:

27 "And as for YOU, the anointing that YOU received from him remains in YOU, and YOU do not need anyone to be teaching YOU; but, as the anointing from him is teaching YOU about all things, and is true and is no lie, and just as it has taught YOU, remain in union with him. 28 So now, little children, remain in union with him, that when he is made manifest we may have freeness of speech and not be shamed away from him at his presence"

Fourth point

James 2:

14 "Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if a certain one says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it? 15 If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, 16 yet a certain one of YOU says to them: “Go in peace, keep warm and well fed,” but YOU do not give them the necessities for [their] body, of what benefit is it? 17 Thus, too, faith, if it does not have works, is dead in itself.
18 Nevertheless, a certain one will say: “You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith apart from the works, and I shall show you my faith by my works.” 19 You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. 20 But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith apart from works is inactive? 21 Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he had offered up Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 You behold that [his] faith worked along with his works and by [his] works [his] faith was perfected, 23 and the scripture was fulfilled which says: “Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness,” and he came to be called “Jehovah’s friend.”
24 YOU see that a man is to be declared righteous by works, and not by faith alone. 25 In the same manner was not also Ra′hab the harlot declared righteous by works, after she had received the messengers hospitably and sent them out by another way? 26 Indeed, as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead"

Just read this portion of scripture. James makes it clear!! I need say no more!!

So what about Romans 4:5?? Here's the verse

"On the other hand, to the man that does not work but puts faith in him who declares the ungodly one righteous, his faith is counted as righteousness"

Paul is talking about WORKS OF THE MOSAIC LAW!! that's the context here's a few verses before.

Rom 4:

28 "For we reckon that a man is declared righteous by faith apart from WORKS OF LAW, 29 Or is he the God of the Jews only? Is he not also of people of the nations? Yes, of people of the nations also"

The whole point of Romans was stop the false idea's of the Jewish christian's with regard the Mosaic law!!

Now as for this other false prophet Robert Jones.

If you read my profile you will see that these ex-witnesses suffer from a problem called "mental disease"

1 Tim 6:

4 "he is puffed up [with pride], not understanding anything, but being MENTALLY DISEASED over questionings and debates about words"

This means you get ridiculous comments like this "the members of JW's being enslaved by the WTBTS"

The problem with men like Robert Jones is that they pushed for what they thought was prominence in the congregation. But really the truth never sank into their hearts it appeared on the surface that the truth was in his his heart. But really he just wanted to be noticed by the brothers in the congregation "look at me, look at me i'm an elder" Pure pride just like the scripture says above.

So again we get another verse ripped out of context Gal 5:1

"For such freedom Christ set us free. Therefore stand fast, and do not let yourselves be confined AGAIN in a yoke of slavery"

But yet look what Paul say's in the very next chapter.

Gal 6:

17 "Henceforth let no one be making trouble for me, for I am carrying on my body the brand marks [of a slave] of Jesus"

So what does Gal 5:1 mean then??

Well firstly notice the word AGAIN

So what it means that Jesus set us free from the slavery of sin. Again it's linked to the mosaic law. Look at the next verses

2 "See! I, Paul, am telling YOU that if YOU become circumcised, Christ will be of no benefit to YOU. 3 Moreover, I bear witness again to every man getting circumcised that he is under obligation to perform the whole Law"

The Mosaic law was like a yoke of slavery because the Jews could never keep it perfectly it was a reminder that they where sinners. Jesus freed us from that yoke of slavery.So what Paul is saying is don't go back to it AGAIN it's finished its over!!

Hence we became slaves of Christ. WTBTS are our brothers they are also slaves for Jesus and the most hardworking of all of Jesus slaves, we support and help them not because we're forced too but because we love helping them slave for Jesus.

So you see if you listen to false prophets like Derrick and Robert Jones you will be confused. If you want the nice simple truth speak to Jehovah's witnesses like me.

Follow up if you need

Take Care

jw.org

https://www.jw.org/en/free-bible-study/  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW