Jehovah`s Witness/Thinking skills

Hello DW

I'm new to this site. But I've read some answers from the witnesses here. I was told that Jehovah's witnesses lack the ability to think for themselves. However I don't believe that after coming on this sight. So can you explain exactly why people say that??

Thanks in advance.

Hello mate

Thanks for writing.

It really depends what you mean by "think for themselves"

There's two ways that is the main argument for apostates ,they advocate independent thinking. The problem with independent thinking is it means "thinking that you know better than God"

This is how we got in this situation in the first place. Satan advocated independent thinking and Adam and Eve agreed with Satan. This is the account.

Gen 3:

5 "For God knows that in the very day of YOUR eating from it YOUR eyes are bound to be opened and YOU are bound to be like God, KNOWING good and bad"

Now this had far reaching implications to the point where we see all the suffering and death going on around us today.

Apostates reflect this attitude they lead the way in this attitude along with politicians and Christendom. They think they can decide what's best for themselves and what's best for mankind and certain individuals. When really they know nothing!!

Jer 10:

23"I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step"

So thinking independently of Jehovah is what started this whole mess in the first place and that's what Satan advocates. It's Satanic thinking!!

The other thing is "critical thinking" this basically means having the ability to think as to "why" why do I believe that?? , why does this person say that??

Now the thing about people is they have a tendency to think that because they think a certain way , then other people think that way.It's naivety. Let me give you an example

When I first came back in the truth. I naively thought that all people needed to do ,was hear the truth and they would automatically investigate it. That's because If I heard it for the first time then I would automatically investigate it. But I learnt a massive lesson in that regard. There are just people who cannot see the truth for what it is!!

Now the problem is there are many ex-witnesses who when they where witnesses they lacked the ability to think for themselves. If you asked them a question they would say something like" Well it's in the literature" they where told the faithful slave where commissioned by Jesus to feed us spiritually but they never investigated as to WHY we say that!!OR they assumed that the faithful slave was inspired.

Actually there's an interesting story about that. There's an older sister in our hall and she's been in the truth about forty years , the other day we where having a conversation and she said exactly the same thing "Oh well that's because the faithful slave are inspired" so of course I had to smile to myself and then correct her. She was shocked.

So the problem is these ones now they've left the truth think that others think like them. So they think just because they didn't understand WHY they think no witnesses understand WHY. They foolishly looked to Men as their leaders , followed blindly and think everyone else does too.

That's why the faithful slave put such emphasis on "Making the truth our own" learn WHY it's the truth. Learn WHY we believe what we believe. If there wasn't ones blindly following the faithful slave as their leader then they wouldn't have to keep saying it!!

But the problem with this is once you start attempting turn people away from the truth,or get people out of the truth you're fighting against holy spirit. Holy spirit draws these one's. It attempts to bring them in and it attempts to keep them in . But you're attempting to keep them out and/or attempting to get them out. This means you're fighting against holy spirit. Once you start fighting against holy spirit, your sinning against holy spirit and there is No forgiveness for that sin. In the bible it's called blasphemy against the spirit. Because of how it works.

Matt 12:

31 "On this account I say to YOU, Every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. 32 For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come"

Once you sin against the spirit there is no forgiveness. So these people have nothing to lose by continuing in their fight.

This is very serious stuff, understand that!!

Anyway thanks for your letter on such a very interesting subject.

Follow up if you need

Take Care

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.