Jehovah`s Witness/The Three Faces of Richard

Question
Hi Bro. DW,

What's mind boggling is Richard and the rest of the opposers/apostates with their BLINDERS on, (2 Cor. 4:4) twist and turn words trying to make a lie into the truth....

I find this very interesting, when Richard was asked if he celebrated Christmas he first said this:

"Each year, my family, relatives, and friends come together to celebrate Christ's birth.  We also annually celebrate the death and resurrection of Christ."

I won't even get into Easter. But for the record he said he annually celebrates that too, that's what the celebration of Jesus' resurrection is called.  But next he put some long beat around the bush message trying to justify his actions just to end up saying this:

"To answer your question, I celebrate Christ's birth which is hardly a pagan concept.  I go through no pagan rituals in the process, and we have a phenomenal time together with family."

Then he tries to smooth it out and change it around and throw in some extras so now it's just that they get together, which changes from celebrate, to praise and then it changes from each year or annually, to every day.  Then he goes so far as to say they celebrate on other days, so what? they pick random days themselves?  Is that supposed to make it OK?  See here:

"P.S. - One of DW's writers speculated on my family's Christmas celebration.  I will clarify for any reader's confusion.  We are completely indifferent on December 25.  We frequently celebrate on other days.  This year, our family and much of our extended family have celebrated Christ's birth every day that we have been together with Scripture reading and discussions on the impact of Christ's birth, death, and resurrection.  There was no Christmas tree.  There was no yule log.  We share gifts EVERY time that we get together.  There was no discussion of Santa or his reindeer.  We honor Jesus Christ.  Yes, it is possible to do that and be no part of the world."

How stupid does he think readers are?   Those BLINDERS are doing a job on that poor fellow.  Being blind he can not see the light of truth.  But that is what happens when you are deceptive and try to mislead and lie, you get caught up!  The reason he's on this forum where he does not belong anyway is to mislead, deceive and lie. (Rev. 21:8)

The Bible says:

John 4:23,24 "Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.”

So if you celebrate or praise a lie, it's still a lie, and yes, there is a slight difference between praising and celebrating...but regardless it's still a lie because no one knows the date he was born, and if it was to be celebrated the date would have been given and Jesus and his disciples would have done so, just like we read about them celebrating the passover and then the memorial of his death.  See how clever the twists are, the play on words, hoping that no one will notice....

Celebrate: (merriam-webster.com/dictionary/celebrate)
1: to perform (a sacrament or solemn ceremony) publicly and with appropriate rites
2a : to honor (as a holiday) especially by solemn ceremonies or by refraining from ordinary business
b : to mark (as an anniversary) by festivities or other deviation from routine

Praise: (merriam-webster.com/dictionary/praise)
1: to express a favorable judgment of : commend
2: to glorify (a god or saint) especially by the attribution of perfections

Richard's reasonings prove to be like that of the Israelites.  See how it unfolds.  We see that Moses told Pharaoh this:

Ex 5:1 "And afterward Moses and Aaron went in and proceeded to say to Phar′aoh: “This is what Jehovah the God of Israel has said, ‘Send my people away that they may celebrate a festival to me in the wilderness"

Once in the Wilderness this is what they did:

Ex. 32:4,5 "Then he took [the gold] from their hands, and he formed it with a graving tool and proceeded to make it into a molten statue of a calf. And they began to say: “This is your God, O Israel, who led you up out of the land of Egypt. 5 When Aaron got to see this, he went to building an altar before it. Finally Aaron called out and said: “There is a festival to Jehovah tomorrow.”

They said they were celebrating a festival to Jehovah, but it really wasn't, it was a lie.  Just like Christmas is a lie.  Just because they said it was to Jehovah meant nothing.  As we can see it was completely unacceptable to Him as we read:

Ex 32:33-35 "However, Jehovah said to Moses: “Whoever has sinned against me, I shall wipe him out of my book" 34 And now, come, lead the people to where I have spoken to you of. Look! My angel will go ahead of you, and on the day of my bringing punishment I shall certainly bring punishment upon them for their sin." 35 And Jehovah began plaguing the people because they had made the calf, which Aaron had made."

There was no excuse or justifying what they did just because they said it was to Jehovah, it didn't pan out for them then, and it won't pan out for Richard now or anyone else who thinks they can mock God! (Gal. 6:7)

Agape

Answer
Hello Sis

Thanks for writing

Yes quite right he's just another apostate/opposer on this forum lying and twisting things around to suit himself and his pre-conceived ideas.

It's difficult to keep up with these ones and their ever changing viewpoints on subjects. I mean why doesn't he have a Christmas tree?? If it's because it's pagan why does he knock us for not celebrating Christmas??

I don't need a special day to reflect on Jesus and what he did for me. I do that every day of my life so what makes Christmas so special?? Christmas has no more significance to Jesus than any other day of the year so what's he on about??

Like you say what's he doing here anyway except tearing at the flock unfortunately for Richard and those of his ilk there's witnesses on this site armed to the back teeth who know just how to destroy wolves and take great pleasure in doing it.

Agape

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW