Jehovah`s Witness/titles for God

Question
Hi Sister T. I understand that Jehovah is also known by various titles,such as, Lord;I am ;The Alpha and Omega ect... In Revelations Jesus is called the First and the Last. Is that the same as Alpha and Omega? Can you explain my to me my confusion on how I think it's the same thing?
Kevin

Answer
Hello and thanks for writing,

You may be confused if you think that Jesus is God.  There is only ONE Jehovah, he is the Almighty God.  Jesus Christ is his son, and is called a Mighty god, not Almighty God, there is a difference.  With the first and last you are looking into this too much, when first and last is mentioned regarding the Almighty, then it refers to him.  But there are first and last of other things that Jesus was first in and last in.  He's First born of all creation, he's called the last Adam, he's first to be resurrected to heavenly life, etc.  

I'm a first and last in life as well, but that doesn't make me Almighty God, I'm the first girl of my mom and the last.....but I'm not Jehovah.  You have to put things in context and since the Bible is not contradictory, when you think something is one way, and the Bible doesn't agree then you need to change your thinking to bring it in harmony with the Bible.  The Bible most definitely does not teach the Trinity.  Just like in the Bible it speaks of several great crowds.  But they don't all point to the same group.

The Alpha and Omega refers to Jehovah the Almighty, no other gods have ever been called Almighty in the Bible because there is only one!

Rev, 1:8  I am the Al′pha and the O‧me′ga,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

at Revelation 22:13, which states: “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” It is evident that a number of persons are represented as speaking in this chapter of Revelation; Re 22 verses 8 and 9 show that the angel spoke to John, Re 22 verse 16 obviously applies to Jesus, the first part of Re 22 verse 17 is credited to “the spirit and the bride,” and the one speaking in the latter part of Re 22 verse 20 is manifestly John himself. “The Alpha and the Omega” of Re 22 verses 12-15, therefore, may properly be identified as the same one who bears the title in the other two occurrences: Jehovah God. The expression, “Look! I am coming quickly,” in Re 22 verse 12, does not require that these aforementioned verses apply to Jesus, inasmuch as God also speaks of himself as “coming” to execute judgment. (Compare Isa 26:21.) Malachi 3:1-6 speaks of a joint coming for judgment on the part of Jehovah and his “messenger of the covenant.”

The title “the Alpha and the Omega” carries the same thought as “the first and the last” and “the beginning and the end” when these terms are used with reference to Jehovah. Before him there was no Almighty God, and there will be none after him. He will bring to a successful conclusion the issue over Godship, forever vindicated as the one and only Almighty God.—Compare Isa 44:6.

Sister T

jw.org

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T