Jehovah`s Witness/not totally dependant

Question
i have been reinstated now for three years, and i was recently called a Maverick, because of my non confromist attitude. i just have a hard time putting my trust in the slave class. i put my trust in Jah. i want to go by what the bible saids. my gutts just wont allow me to put my trust on earthly man. i read the wt and appreciate the articles that highlight bible scriptures, but find it difficult to swallow the articles that promote a them and us attitude. those of us who chose to identify ourselves as witnesses were not born knowing the bible, we were all at one time a member of 'THEM', and i dont have a problem voicing my opinions. am i wrong?????

Answer
Thank you for the question. I hope this finds you well. You sound perfectly normal to me and not 'wrong' in any respect. You trust Jehovah and want to go by what the Bible says. Millions of people feel the same way. So by that measure you would be considered quite normal.

But you say your guts just wont allow you to put your trust in earthly man. That sounds like Ps. 146:3. This verse plainly tells us not to put our trust in even Princes because there is no salvation in other humans. Humans do precisely as you mention, they promote a them and us attitude. Even Jesus warned the disciples not to be like the Pharisees, mounding up rules and burdens on the people, and then judging who meets the rules. That is none of our business. The rafter and splinter illustration.

So now you are a Maverick because you dare to have an opinion? You still use your god-given mind to think for yourself? I have some bad news for you. But you already know this. If you want to worship God in association with a certain 'organization' [not in the Bible], you will have to park your brain somewhere and follow the lead of self-appointed humans, self-proclaimed Princes. There is no place in this organization for self-discovery and self-realization of your own spiritual path. This has already been decided for you by the organization.

In proof of point, look at the following proclamation from another expert on this board from 12/28. They truthfully state your required belief to belong to this organization. And I don't state this lightly...you BELONG to an organization.

7) Jehovah God has NO other Organization on earth today but his Witnesses. They are led by their only Master and Leader Jesus Christ by means of the Faithful and Discrete Slave Class. The FDS class are the only ones feeding his flock at the proper time.

AS a personal note, item 7 does not work for me any more. Despite nice WT articles from time to time, and despite the fellowship of others trying to do God's will, I do not belong to an organization. Neither do I recognize mortal men as some supposed FDS class. Matthew 24:25-47 is an illustration about rewards that come to a faithful servant. The faithful servant in the illustration could well be you. It is most certainly not a publishing empire in New York state USA that claims itself to be the only way to God.
Robert Jones

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert Jones