Jehovah`s Witness/The truth needs to be told

Question
Hi after been in the christian belief for over thirty years.
Im now in my late 40s I have come to understand the important need to have more than one concubine. I now come to understand that the christian belief has not been telling the truth.

I feel polygamy was right for those in the original testament :)
and is still right for today
Thanks, Scott

Answer
• Polygamy was not part of God's original arrangement for marriage. When he created Eve as a wife for Adam, Jehovah stated that the divine standard was one wife for one husband— Gen 2:24.

• While on earth Jesus said: “Did you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh’? So that they are no longer two, but one flesh.” Jesus added: “Whoever divorces his wife, except on the ground of fornication, and marries another commits adultery.” (Matthew 19:4-6, 9) From this it is obvious that taking one or more additional wives is also adultery.

• Polygamy did not come from Jehovah. The first one mentioned in the Bible as having more than one wife was Lamech, a descendant of Cain. (Genesis 4:19-24) When Jehovah brought the Flood of Noah’s day, Noah and his three sons each had only one wife. All polygamists were destroyed in the Flood.

• When Jehovah chose the Israelites as his people, polygamy already existed among them, although it apparently was far more common to have just one wife. God did not require families to break up where there was more than one wife. Instead, he strictly regulated the practice.—Exodus 21:10, 11; Deuteronomy 21:15-17. That this toleration of polygamy was only temporary can be seen not only by what Jesus stated regarding Jehovah’s original standard for marriage but also by what the apostle Paul wrote under the inspiration of God’s holy spirit. He said: “Let each man have his own wife and each woman have her own husband.” (1 Corinthians 7:2) Paul also was inspired to write that any man appointed as an overseer or a ministerial servant in the Christian congregation must be “a husband of one wife.”—1 Timothy 3:2, 12; Titus 1:6.

***So, Jehovah’s toleration of polygamy came to an end with the formation of the Christian congregation some 2,000 years ago. At that time, the standard for marriage returned to what it was at the beginning of God’s creation of man and woman: one husband, one wife. It is the standard today among God’s people throughout the entire world.—Mark 10:11, 12; 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10.***

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister Pam B