Jehovah`s Witness/Welcome

Question
QUESTION: Hello and welcome to this site.

Which is your religion? Born again evangelist? Or christian in general?

Im a christian with no church, I believe in God and the Bible and my main enemy is atheism, not christians with different beliefs. Hope we can have some interesting discussions upon important biblical subjects that have caused so much confusion and war between christian sections.

See you, good day

ANSWER: Greetings,
  I believe that the organized church includes all of those who have been saved by grace, through faith in the death and resurrection of God's Only Son, Jesus Christ.  Therefore, I believe that there are true Christians throughout the world who attend a wide variety of churches.  Of course, there are many non-Christians attending these churches as well, so a label is pretty meaningless to me.
  To answer your question, I attend a type of Protestant church, but I more proudly call myself a born again Christian.  I intentionally fellowship with believers from many different religions as they are my brothers and sisters too.  Our unity comes from our salvation in Christ, not the label of our church.  Although we have minor disagreements among us regarding a few things, the love we have for each other transcends any disagreements.  Our focus is to share the good news of Jesus, and we take great joy in doing that.
  Thank you for the question, and please feel free to offer more of your thoughts.

QUESTION: Thanks. It sounds fine. I also believe that christians of all the world should be united, no matter their disagreements in interpretations.  

Sadly, I must confess that most of the christians in all religious organizations hate christians belonging in other churches. Orthodoxs hate JWs, JWs hate orthodoxs etc. I dont think that JWs are the ones that hate others mostly, I believe orthodoxs or catholics have also a great hatred for JWs.
All claim that THEY and ONLY THEY hold the truth and all others believe in demonic doctrines and will be punished with death or torture. Sadly, acceptance of Jesus as the Messiah is not what defines a christian, according to all religious leaders. You have to be member of a church and accept all its' doctrines and interpretations in order to be saved. Sounds like a marketing war between companies. Many sell salvation.

Atheists have a great weapon in their heads when they see christians fighting each other.

I dont know what to say, its too sad. I just care for truth and want to examine the Bible. I dont like it when people tell me that I believe in demons' doctrines if I have a different view than them. For example JWs say that whoever believes theres an immaterial soul, then they deny Jesus' ransom
and are lead by demons. This is too hard, is it too evil to believe we are souls rather than flesh?  I dont think that people who believe in a soul or mostly in an "immortal" soul, REALLY DENY Jesus and resurrection.  Maybe they are wrong to believe in "immortality", but really I dont think they consider it something greater than Jesus' ransom. Immortality is not seen as a non-ending beautiful life, if its apart from God. At least, this is what they say. Even if we assume theyre wrong, I sincerely dont think they deny Jesus' ransom, since for many born agains its the only rule for salvation.

I agree that belief in Jesus as the Messiah and God's kingdom should be the only rule for Christians.

Thank you. Let me know your thoughts

Answer
2 Corinthians 13:5 - "Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?"

1 John 4:1 - "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world."

1 Thessalonians 5:21 - "Test everything. Hold on to the good."

1 Corinthians 10:9 - "We should not test the Lord..."

It is really plain that scripture teaches us to test everything except the Lord.  It is also clear that to pass the test, Christ Jesus must be in us.  Do our spiritual leaders encourage or discourage us to test them?  Are they encouraging or discouraging us to have Christ Jesus in us?  If someone claims to be the only one having the truth, they are discouraging these things.  Truth is only found in God's Word.  

According to Releasing the Bonds   by Steven Hassan, four control methods of cults include: Behavior control, thought control, information control, and emotional control.

In Churches That Abuse  , Ronald Enroth lists 5 categories that show an abusive religion: Authority and Power, Manipulation and Control, Elitism and Persecution, Life-Style and Experience, and Dissent and Discipline.  

If people really believe what they Bible says, they will take a hard look at themselves and the religion in which they belong to be sure they do not fall into one of the above descriptions.

You said, "Atheists have a great weapon in their heads when they see christians fighting each other."  It is a sad fact that humanity continues to get the best of all of us sometimes.  James 3:2 says, "We all stumble in many ways."  I pray that the times I stumble don't cause others to stumble.  It is wonderful that you have a heart for atheists.  May the Holy Spirit provide you with wisdom in those discussions so they will better understand the existence of our Father and the need to know Him and His Son intimately.

It is also great that you are seeking truth for yourself through scripture alone.  JW's believe that there is not an immortal soul.  I believe there is.  Both of us recite scriptures.  If you are looking for scriptures on the subject to get you started, any expert on here would be happy to provide you with them.  But in the end, with this and every other doctrine, we only really learn the truth through prayer and guidance from the Holy Spirit.

So what doctrines are important enough to understand for salvation?  Read Acts chapters 2-4.  3000 and 5000 souls, respectively, were added to the number of Christians upon hearing two "speeches" by Peter.  What did Peter speak about?  What was the message?  How long did they have to wait after hearing the truth to be baptized?  How many questions did they have to answer to be baptized?  

Acts 2:21 - "And EVERYONE who calls on the name of the Lord (Gr. kyriou) will be saved."
Romans 10:13 - "EVERYONE who calls on the name of the Lord (Gr. kyriou) will be saved."
1 Corinthians 1:2 "To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with ALL those EVERYWHERE who call on the name of our Lord (Gr. kyriou) Jesus Christ --their Lord and ours"  (EMPHASIS MINE in all verses)

For readers, the NWT translates Acts 2:21, "And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved."  I noted the usage of the Greek word "kyriou" above for a reason.

Thank you again for your questions.  I look forward to hearing from you again.

Jehovah`s Witness

Richard