Jehovah`s Witness/Biblical Trumpets and the Ressurection

Question
Hello,

I have studied with Witness friends for some time but have not been able to ask this question because I didn't want to stir the pot but rather be respectful. I hope by speaking with someone I do not know that I can find a clear answer.

The book of Revelation speaks about 7 trumpets in Ch. 8-11.  The Revelation Climax Book gives specific dates for the trumpets beginning around 1918 for the First trumpet and 1928 for the Last Trumpet.  

My question comes from reading 1 Corinthians 15:51-54 that says the ressurection takes place at the sound of the last trumpet [1928 according to the 7th trumpet time in Revelation Climax book] but Watchtower material shows the ressurection to take place in 1918 which would be the time of first trumpet instead of the last trump as the bible teaches.  Is it possible to reconcile this?  Thank you.     

1 Cor. 15:51 - Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the LAST TRUMP: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory

Answer
Hello and thanks for writing,

I'm not sure I understand correctly, you study with the Witnesses but you can't ask them a question because you think it may stir the pot and not be respectful?  That doesn't sound right because we as Jehovah's Witnesses welcome our Bible studies to ask questions.  We enjoy being asked questions because of the simple fact a person can say anything, but when you are a teacher and teaching, then why would asking a question be viewed as disrespectful?  Unlike Christendom we don't say things without backing them up with Scriptures. We love sharing Bible truths with people because the truth from the Bible can't be denied!  

As you can see from our publications they are littered with tons and tons of scriptures.  If you attend meetings you know that the Bible is used constantly to prove anything that is said. We don't tell anyone to just believe what we say and don't ask any questions. I'm not saying that anyone said that, I'm just saying in general, that's not how Bible studies go, questions are welcomed and if we can't answer right then and there, we go and research the question for the person. Why?  Because our love for our God Jehovah demands that we teach his word aright! (2Tim 2:15).  (I'm not saying that we do not make mistakes or that an individual may have a wrong understanding)

But, at any rate, I believe you are getting things mixed up.  If you would have asked the ones you study with, this could have been avoided.  I suggest try asking them next time....but if you don't feel comfortable, then ok.

The trumpet in 1 Cor. 15:51-54 is this trumpet here:

1 Thes 4:15,16  "For this is what we tell YOU by Jehovah’s word, that we the living who survive to the presence of the Lord shall in no way precede those who have fallen asleep [in death]; 16 because the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first."

Matt 24:31 "And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity."

In Revelation:

8:6-12; 9:1, 13; 11:15—When did the seven angels prepare to blow their trumpets, and when and how were the trumpet blasts sounded? Preparation to blow the seven trumpets included giving direction to the revitalized members of the John class on earth from 1919 to 1922. Such anointed ones were then getting busy in reorganizing the public ministry and building up publishing facilities. (Rev. 12:13, 14) The sounding of the trumpets represents fearless proclamations of Jehovah’s judgments against Satan’s world by God’s people in cooperation with the angels. Notably, this began with the Cedar Point, Ohio, convention in 1922 and lasts all the way down to the great tribulation.

8:13; 9:12; 11:14—In what way are the final three trumpet blasts “woes”? Whereas the first four trumpet blasts are proclamations exposing the spiritually dead condition of Christendom, the last three are woes in that they have to do with specific events. The fifth blast is related to the release of God’s people from “the abyss” of inactivity in 1919 and to their relentless witnessing work, which became like a tormenting plague on Christendom. (Rev. 9:1) The sixth is about the greatest cavalry charge in history and the worldwide preaching campaign that began in 1922. The final blast has to do with the birth of the Messianic Kingdom.

It's very important that you ask your study conductor these questions, you said they were friends, so I don't understand why you don't feel that you can go to them with questions?

Questions are very important to teaching and learning. Most JW's have no problem with answering questions from the ones they study with.  

Thanks,

Sister T

jw.org

https://www.jw.org/en/free-bible-study/  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T